Tonewinner AT 300: 7.3.6 AV processor

After a lot of negotiations, from their Bangalore counterpart following is the final price agreed for AT-300:

Price per pc : 1,06,000/-
Minimum order : 10pcs
Warranty : 1year

Delivery Period : roughly 15 days once the payment is done
Delivery : doorstep via courier, hardly 600-800/-, can be picked up also

If required, I will start a new thread for the group buy once I receive the official mail from them
Yes.

I am in.

Is the deal only for the processor or will a calibration mic be included.. put other way, what are the other things included if any.

Is the deal only for the processor or will a calibration mic be included.. put other way, what are the other things included if any.
Deal is for the standard package and no extra accessories included, I was told that in US it's customized by the dealer. Best is to get UMIK and use with external softwares for advanced calibration

Last edited:
Deal is for the standard package and no extra accessories included, I was told that in US it's customized by the dealer. Best is to get UMIK and use with external softwares for advanced calibration
any idea if UMIK 1 would work with its inbuilt Calibration software?

Hi all,
When I expressed interest, did not really expect this project to reach culmination so, so soon!
Unfortunately, I have some immediate critical spends coming up, and would not be able to join in, tasty as the product and price sound. Maybe, a few months down the line (which was what I assumed will take for something to come of this thread. My bad)

Many thanks to @Enkay78 for popping the idea, @amrutmhatre90 for his initial explorations, and @ankitbhargava and @cmsajith for their ongoing efforts.

Wishing you all the best and hope to hear your views on it also when it's done.
Really feeling good that this is happening, and gutted that the timing is just not right for me.
Love HFV for things like this only!
Regards

You need to use rew or smaart like apps which will be far better than their inbuilt room correction. Manual calibration is always better
Rather than do trial and error why not just buy a Marantz AV pre at Burma bazzar for 2L or get one from Singapore for the same 1.5 lakhs which I think seems a much better way than go for a Chinese AV pre ?

Rather than do trial and error why not just buy a Marantz AV pre at Burma bazzar for 2L or get one from Singapore for the same 1.5 lakhs which I think seems a much better way than go for a Chinese AV pre ?
There is no Marantz offering with the specs of the AT300. (16 channels and XLR outs). A similar product from Marantz or Anthem will costs >5 lakhs.

You can look at Trinnov etc.

Is it possible to combine AT 300 with DIRAC live software, as there is sale in dirac website 25% off , of their software, till this month end..

Is it possible to combine AT 300 with DIRAC live software, as there is sale in dirac website 25% off , of their software, till this month end..
Not sure as very few details and reviews available.
But You can check if Dirac works for similar specs amps (of emotiva brand) which are manufactured by Tone winner, then there are chances that it would also work.

There is nothing a Dirac software do specific as its own except the final settings in the firmware to control the hardware. You can use any software to get the optimal response in your room and feed it to the processor manually. You can use Dirac or Smaart or REW or any other. In Dirac, it has its own house curve, just feed that curve into rew or use a custom curve or a harman curve and generate the optimal values to feed them manually to the processor.

You need to use rew or smaart like apps which will be far better than their inbuilt room correction. Manual calibration is always better
Besides setting distance/delays and levels nothing much I believe could be done manually. Not sure how to feed REW generated data to processor manually
Seems like internationally many buyers have positive feedback for this product

Thanks for the reply being new to this home theater set up, I came across on the dirac website that to use this software, it says dirac enabled device, i didn't understand, bcoz if dirac is already enabled then why, use this dirac live,kindly enlighten, because combining AT 300 and dirac with 25 % off will be a good deal.. later down the road even if AT 300 is replaced then still Dirac is there...

Besides setting distance/delays and levels nothing much I believe could be done manually. Not sure how to feed REW generated data to processor manually
What a dirac or a dsp can do is to correct the timing using delays, crossovers, parametric eq settings, levels based on a curve either its a pre-created or a custom. All these values can be fed to the processor as it supports crossover, delay (speaker distance), eq settings (300 supports 11 band manual parametric eq for all channels and 5 for each subs). REW data can be exported to text format and feed those values manually to the processor using these settings. Repeat till you get the desired result. Even a processor with inbuilt Audyssey or Dirac we need to do the same for manual calibration.

Last edited:
What a dirac or a dsp can do is to correct the timing using delays, crossovers, parametric eq settings, levels based on a curve either its a pre-created or a custom. All these values can be fed to the processor as it supports crossover, delay (speaker distance), eq settings (300 supports 11 band parametric eq for all channels and 5 for each subs). REW data can be exported to text format and feed those values manually to the processor using these settings. Repeat once you get the desired result. Even a processor with inbuilt Audyssey or Dirac we need to do the same for manual calibration.
Ah got it, except EQ settings/PEQ filters others become more or less manual with the time and experience :)
Having 11 band EQ could be a good aid for sure.

There is no Marantz offering with the specs of the AT300. (16 channels and XLR outs). A similar product from Marantz or Anthem will costs >5 lakhs.

You can look at Trinnov etc.
https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/av-separates/av8805a . This product was around 2 lakhs at burma bazzar 2 weeks back . I had gone to check . Considering that this sells for 2 lakhs at Burma bazzar I am assuming that the product might cost around 1.5 if someone was to hand carry it .
It does have XLR outputs .
Do you have a price for the Trinnov 16 ?

https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/av-separates/av8805a . This product was around 2 lakhs at burma bazzar 2 weeks back . I had gone to check . Considering that this sells for 2 lakhs at Burma bazzar I am assuming that the product might cost around 1.5 if someone was to hand carry it .
It does have XLR outputs .
Do you have a price for the Trinnov 16 ?
The lowest I have come across in grey Market for 8805 is about 1.85 lakh.

If you have a source for getting the one at 1.5, it's a NO BRAINER

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back