Top Tier Players For Import - ? [ Sansa Clip+ , Sansa Fuze+ What Else ]

Cowon,Iriver and Sandisk models top the list

FYI: I have used/tested cowon D2,Iriver T60,I river Clix (Old model), Sansa clip,Sansa view,IPOD clip, Shuffle,Classic, Sony NW series, Sony stick ( Dont remember model),ZUNE,Zebronics clip,Samsung 2 types players ( Dont remember models),Creative Stone,Creative Muvo,Local made/chinese etc.

For Sound quality, I prefer D2,Sansa View and then T 60.

Each player will have its identity in sound. Once you take a player you will love it, untill you use/test other. the same applies to IEM's as well

Cowon players for sq .... some of their models even have wolfson dac's in today's cost cutting trend that sure is a suprise

Cowon players for sq .... some of their models even have wolfson dac's in today's cost cutting trend that sure is a suprise

Well,
Till Today i Have Never Seem anything Better Then The Teclast T51 AKKA Nationite Sflo2 .My intension is basically to import not easily founded products from usa and stock resell them .Some of the products that can be rockboxed ,Please are crazy for sandisk players ,No idea of iriver ,is iriver not officially in india now .

from what i hear the cowon has set a standard for sound quality in recent years,and the sflo seems to be a good player as well if not for the battery life and buggy interface.didnt know about the wolfson bit,any idea of the dac chip on the cowon j3?cheers

from what i hear the cowon has set a standard for sound quality in recent years,and the sflo seems to be a good player as well if not for the battery life and buggy interface.didnt know about the wolfson bit,any idea of the dac chip on the cowon j3?cheers

wolfson 8960 same as the S9 and V5

Well,
I Have Used My Nationite Player ,I suggest until someone does not have a hands on ,On it not to read reviews and comment ,I gurranty you it will break cowons bones in SQ .I have heard both ,But the point here is not a debate of nationite versus cowon ,i am taking about others not in india .Nationite Sflo2 will only be produced in november due to so massive demand worldwide ,We have booked a carton of these to resell in india when they come out of the factory .

Amarbir[Lynx-India said:
;176597]

Well,
Having a Wolfson DAc means Nothing until its not integrated into a great filtering circuit .Have You Seen The Interior Of the Nationite Sflo2 :) ,You will Faint

actually amarbir,have yet to see the insides of either,for now only pics of the hardware :).honestly speaking the sflo2 is impressively specced no doubt but how does one ignore the options(cowon,etc) with the sflo2's drawbacks??hell,i was even on the verge of getting one.

The prob is as u said and i have always maintained,that its inevitably the implementation of the said dac chip thats does the magic.case in point is my keces da 151 mk2 usb dac.it uses a burr brown pcm2702 chip which has so many documented limitations(manfr admitted)and yet it can sound so clean.good stuff.

Here also,its the overall package that wins hands down,and to even worry about the documented battery life and interface issues have me in the cowon camp :).cheers

Have anyone tried the S:flo2 player? Was going through some postings at Head-fi and everyone who have used it are highly recommending it. Many are even placing it as the best audio player available as of now in terms of SQ(even better than any of the Cowons). But there seems to be quite a few issue with the firmware, except that according to the head-fi'ers it has the best possible Sound Quality. I was amazed to see the response for this player at the Head-fi. Is it really that good??

actually amarbir,have yet to see the insides of either,for now only pics of the hardware :).honestly speaking the sflo2 is impressively specced no doubt but how does one ignore the options(cowon,etc) with the sflo2's drawbacks??hell,i was even on the verge of getting one.

The prob is as u said and i have always maintained,that its inevitably the implementation of the said dac chip thats does the magic.case in point is my keces da 151 mk2 usb dac.it uses a burr brown pcm2702 chip which has so many documented limitations(manfr admitted)and yet it can sound so clean.good stuff.

Here also,its the overall package that wins hands down,and to even worry about the documented battery life and interface issues have me in the cowon camp :).cheers

Well,
hell one customer took my sflo2 never to return it and paid me lol ,Now the next lot is scheduled in november and hence i am waiting i will rip it to pieces again lol .i agree on the point you raised ,the overall implementation is what it takes to make a great sounding product .

Have anyone tried the S:flo2 player? Was going through some postings at Head-fi and everyone who have used it are highly recommending it. Many are even placing it as the best audio player available as of now in terms of SQ(even better than any of the Cowons). But there seems to be quite a few issue with the firmware, except that according to the head-fi'ers it has the best possible Sound Quality. I was amazed to see the response for this player at the Head-fi. Is it really that good??

Well,
who goes into that deatils of the interface ,i do not i start and song and love the music ,You guys will have it in november or december in large qty in india via us wait and watch the show .

Its actually less expensive than the cowon players and has a better dac and dedicated line out ..... im sold.I also read it plays videos smoothly looks like pros beat outweigh firmware issues.

What would be the india pricing for the 16gb model?

If it(S:flo2) can flawlessly play the music thrown in(just create a dir and copy music and it should start playing) and that too with the best audio quality then nothing beats it. But I also like to have option of creating a fav playlist dynamically. If not possible dynamically, then atleast I want it to allow me to create a playlist using the comp. Other than that nothing much is that important. If it can play directory wise then that solves the issue of not having all those artists/genre/compilation etc categories. Album art and stuffs like that I really don;t care.
I just hope that it won't be costly once it lands in India. If it's rightly priced then I can see that my money is flying away ;)
Just a bit of thought here. I'm kind of after portable audio now. Did a small calculation of my music listening timeshare and what I found is that for more than 60% of the music listening time I listen to earphone/headphones. Another 25% will be at my car and only around 15% I use my speakers(I use them mostly for Movies and not much music except on Sat/Sundays). I guess that means that I need to give some more importance to my IEM's and DAPs ;-)

If it(S:flo2) can flawlessly play the music thrown in(just create a dir and copy music and it should start playing) and that too with the best audio quality then nothing beats it. But I also like to have option of creating a fav playlist dynamically. If not possible dynamically, then atleast I want it to allow me to create a playlist using the comp. Other than that nothing much is that important. If it can play directory wise then that solves the issue of not having all those artists/genre/compilation etc categories. Album art and stuffs like that I really don;t care.
I just hope that it won't be costly once it lands in India. If it's rightly priced then I can see that my money is flying away ;)
Just a bit of thought here. I'm kind of after portable audio now. Did a small calculation of my music listening timeshare and what I found is that for more than 60% of the music listening time I listen to earphone/headphones. Another 25% will be at my car and only around 15% I use my speakers(I use them mostly for Movies and not much music except on Sat/Sundays). I guess that means that I need to give some more importance to my IEM's and DAPs ;-)

Well,
Google a Software Called Mediamonkey .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back