Topping DAC's on HPZ

Will try them, When I googled "native dsd palyer for android", neither showed up.

If nothing else works, will do so.

USB audio pro player is a must if you are using a DAC with your phone.
It's definitely worth the price and you have to pay another 300 bucks for MQA playback.
As rightly mentioned consider it as part of the DAC price.

Cheers

HPZ has run out of stock. I wrote to them - but no response. Topping going the Schiit way?

I dont think so , might be more of a stock replenishment thing. HPZ are known not to respond many times, i too had dropped an email quiet some time back on a post warranty service query but got no reply.

A lot of their stuff shows Sold Out now.

Looking for a good DAC with a remote. Cant seem to find any on their site or anywhere else.

MaSh

Is Ubuy trustworthy for audio equipment , I see that they have the Topping E30 listed over here for 12k

Their prices are generally between 90-95 Rs. to the $. They do not take any responsibility for customs or anything else. The T&C clearly says that all import and other factors are responsibilities of the buyer. So I would reckon, by the time the E30 arrives it will costs you between 18K to 24K.

thanks @venkatcr , then will probably wait for the stocks to replenished at HPZ. They said it will come back in stock in 2-3 weeks :)

I have a question as Im kinda new to DACs , I want to connect an optical source to the Topping E30 -> my powered speakers Edifier S1000 DB ; do I need a pre-amp ?

I had a friend's Fiio D03k lying around in the TV cupboard and with this I noticed the volume drops a little bit which I put this in the aforementioned chain.

Any dudes using the E30 in preamp mode direct to speakers ? I dont wanna blow up the speakers as the wifey brought these as a gift.

Topping E30 back in stock at HPZ

I have a question as Im kinda new to DACs , I want to connect an optical source to the Topping E30 -> my powered speakers Edifier S1000 DB ; do I need a pre-amp ?

I had a friend's Fiio D03k lying around in the TV cupboard and with this I noticed the volume drops a little bit which I put this in the aforementioned chain.

Any dudes using the E30 in preamp mode direct to speakers ? I dont wanna blow up the speakers as the wifey brought these as a gift.
I am using the E30 in preamp mode going to actives but with USB as the input, not optical.

I am using the E30 in preamp mode going to actives but with USB as the input, not optical.
How's the sound quality with dac as preamp. Some of the reviews I read were not very happy with the preamp performance.

MaSh

Sorry to Hijack this topic .

I ordered E30 from HPZ today ;

Would a dual RCA like 1) MOGAMI Gold Series RCA Cable or 2) DAC ARX01A , work to connect this dac (E30) to the powered speakers ( I have the Edifier S1000Db)

Should I chose the cheaper cable , or would the mogami be worth the extra 1k. Since these are not very expensive speakers , I dont plan to spend more than 2-3k for cables.

Thanks !

Would a dual RCA like 1) MOGAMI Gold Series RCA Cable or 2) DAC ARX01A , work to connect this dac (E30) to the powered speakers ( I have the Edifier S1000Db)

Should I chose the cheaper cable , or would the mogami be worth the extra 1k. Since these are not very expensive speakers , I dont plan to spend more than 2-3k for cables.

Thanks !
If you dont want to spend too much then Amazon Basics or Bluerigger are good enough. If you want to spend more, then it gets tricky with cost and flavor.

MaSh

Thanks !
The DAC ARX01A has exceptional build quality. I have both the Mogami gold and the DAC and in my system, i can't tell the difference. For that matter, can't tell the difference between DAC or Amazonbasics either but i guess you're paying for the fancy jacket.... And boy, is it nice for the price!

How's the sound quality with dac as preamp. Some of the reviews I read were not very happy with the preamp performance.

MaSh

I have been using it in pre-amp mode so far. I need to try DAC mode and see if there is a noticeable difference as some of the reviews indicate. This of course will be a subjective assessment.

Topping USB input using Macbook pro

Hi All, I recently bought the Topping E30 and I am much happy with the sound quality it offers for the price. I also have a Fiio M3k DAP which used to double as USB DAC with MacBook pro before. The difference is very much evident now.

However, I found this happening

MacBook pro with E30 as sound output @100% volume > Apple USB-C multiport adapter > Topping stock USB cable > Topping E30 USB In > Edifier stock RCA connector > Edifier R1280 DB Bookshelf speakers | Topping always displays 44.1 PCM - no matter what bitrate file I play

MacBook pro with Bluetooth out selected ( could see MAC using AAC as codec for transmission ) @100% volume > Signature Acoustics Phoenix Bluetooth transceiver in Rx mode > Optical out using stock cable from Edifier > Topping E30 Optical In > Edifier stock RCA connector > Edifier R1280 DB Bookshelf speakers | Topping always displays 48.0 PCM - no matter what bitrate file I play

My understanding was that Mac would auto switch to the bitrate according to the source file. But after some reading and apparently it was MAC which capping the bitrate to 44.1 when connected via USB. When I checked the setting, it actually allows me to select the bitrate intended for the E30. I chose the max possible setting "2 Ch 32-bit ( 768.0 KHz )" and Topping started displaying 768.0 PCM.

Whereas for PHOENIX Bluetooth, the bitrate is fixed 32 bit 48 KHz.

So now that the Mac is set to max bitrate for the USB out with Topping E30, I guess MAC should be upsampling all audio to 768 KHz which should be fine? This should take care of high bitrate files when played is not downsampled which could have been happening earlier as the bitrate was capped at 44.1.

I would like to hear from others who might use Windows or MAC PC / Laptop as source with Topping E30. Thanks!

1601450088115.png

Topping USB input using Macbook pro

Hi All, I recently bought the Topping E30 and I am much happy with the sound quality it offers for the price. I also have a Fiio M3k DAP which used to double as USB DAC with MacBook pro before. The difference is very much evident now.

However, I found this happening

MacBook pro with E30 as sound output @100% volume > Apple USB-C multiport adapter > Topping stock USB cable > Topping E30 USB In > Edifier stock RCA connector > Edifier R1280 DB Bookshelf speakers | Topping always displays 44.1 PCM - no matter what bitrate file I play

MacBook pro with Bluetooth out selected ( could see MAC using AAC as codec for transmission ) @100% volume > Signature Acoustics Phoenix Bluetooth transceiver in Rx mode > Optical out using stock cable from Edifier > Topping E30 Optical In > Edifier stock RCA connector > Edifier R1280 DB Bookshelf speakers | Topping always displays 48.0 PCM - no matter what bitrate file I play

My understanding was that Mac would auto switch to the bitrate according to the source file. But after some reading and apparently it was MAC which capping the bitrate to 44.1 when connected via USB. When I checked the setting, it actually allows me to select the bitrate intended for the E30. I chose the max possible setting "2 Ch 32-bit ( 768.0 KHz )" and Topping started displaying 768.0 PCM.

Whereas for PHOENIX Bluetooth, the bitrate is fixed 32 bit 48 KHz.

So now that the Mac is set to max bitrate for the USB out with Topping E30, I guess MAC should be upsampling all audio to 768 KHz which should be fine? This should take care of high bitrate files when played is not downsampled which could have been happening earlier as the bitrate was capped at 44.1.

I would like to hear from others who might use Windows or MAC PC / Laptop as source with Topping E30. Thanks!

View attachment 50224
Uninstall the current driver's for topping and install these drivers and follow the given instructions

Back