Turntables, Phono Stages and Cartridge Owners Roll Call

Just upgraded my Old Sony sl 1200 with a denon 103r cart & a new phono ASR Mini Exclusive.

Attachments

• Sony Ps 1700 top view.jpg
    Sony Ps 1700 top view.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Asr Mini ex phono internal top.jpg
    Asr Mini ex phono internal top.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Asr Mini ex phono front.jpg
    Asr Mini ex phono front.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 176
Hey! Hiten thanks, long time no hear?
How are you?
TT is the same that i got from you, but has new belt, upgraded interconnect & power cable.
Cheers

Hey! Hiten thanks, long time no hear?
How are you?
TT is the same that i got from you, but has new belt, upgraded interconnect & power cable.
Cheers
Yes long time. :) I lost lots of mobile no. of friends along with my old mobile. Pl. mail me your number.

I think that was sony 2350. Right ? Though good, I would suggest to upgrade the tt with this superb phono stage. Unless ofcourse you like the sound. Cartridge is good also.
regards

My Vinyl system

Micro Seiki MR103 idler wheel tt with Micro Seiki arm - Restored vintage tt bought from Mr. Jacob Kuruvilla and further serviced by a technician in Kolkata. Sounds excellent . People say its like Garrard 301

Ortofon 2M bronze cart

Nighthawk F117 phono.

Will post pics in some time. Really sounds good

Regards

Last edited:
Yes long time. :) I lost lots of mobile no. of friends along with my old mobile. Pl. mail me your number.

I think that was sony 2350. Right ? Though good, I would suggest to upgrade the tt with this superb phono stage. Unless ofcourse you like the sound. Cartridge is good also.
regards

Hey! It was nice talking to you. Yes it's the Ps 1700.
Will upgrade the TT as & when possible & if i really end up listening to LP's very often, as of now it's very good.
Thanks
Cheers

My Vinyl system

Micro Seiki MR103 idler wheel tt with Micro Seiki arm - Restored vintage tt bought from Mr. Jacob Kuruvilla and further serviced by a technician in Kolkata. Sounds excellent . People say its like Garrard 301

Ortofon 2M bronze cart

Nighthawk F117 phono.

Will post pics in some time. Really sounds good

Regards

Yes, Micro Seikie MR 103 is an extra ordinary player which sounds very much like my Garrard 301. Very bold and and punchy. It has a very heavy motor and high torque and this will result in better PRAT and I am happy Pratim is enjoying every minute of his listening time in front of that Micro Seikie.

Yes, Micro Seikie MR 103 is an extra ordinary player which sounds very much like my Garrard 301. Very bold and and punchy. It has a very heavy motor and high torque and this will result in better PRAT and I am happy Pratim is enjoying every minute of his listening time in front of that Micro Seikie.

Having listened to Pratim's Micro Seiki on a recent trip to Kolkata, I can vouch that it sounds really good. This, despite a less than optimal VTA. And yes, it has that house sound of an idler drive TT:)

Recently I attended a live program of ustad Rashid Khan & Ashis Khan . Then was trying to compare that experience in my system. For some record/CD it was very close.

Cheers

Hi Guys, looking for EEI Stereo C-S2000, ceramic Cartridge with Stylus. If any one can help me procuring this i will be great full. No where in Bangalore iam getting the same. Please help. I have Murphy Musica 100 record player in excellent condition.

Here's mine:

SL1210MK5, Jelco SA-750D, Ortofon LH-6000 headshell, Ortofon Kontrapunkt-B, Mike-New Bearing, Isonoe feet, external TS-STD PSU.

8026298814_2459ace6f7_c.jpg

very beautiful:clapping:!!

My current vinyl setup. Dual 1229,Dual 1019,Technics SL-D2,Pioneer Pl 12D,Fisher Mt 6225 Studio Standard& cosmic co Gram 2000Bd.
I dont have phono pre amp. currently using Sansui AU 777's pre with McIntosh power MC 2505 for Fisher. Some shure carts and few classic 700s.

Considering buying one Technics SL 1100Ac model, Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Go for it if price is right.You have a nice collection of TTs :)

Regards,
Sachin

Thanks mr sachin. That TT's mechanism is good, works nicely. But the base looks horrible, wear of paint all over, and most of the writings, logo are rubbed. That person is offering for Rs 5k:licklips: EPA tonearm, v good motor n torque, is it tempting enough?

Last edited:
Thanks mr sachin. That TT's mechanism is good, works nicely. But the base looks horrible, wear of paint all over, and most of the writings, logo are rubbed. That person is offering for Rs 5k:licklips: EPA tonearm, v good motor n torque, is it tempting enough?

Good offer,let me know if you pass.I am looking for a nice TT like this.

Regards,
Sachin

Here's mine:

SL1210MK5, Jelco SA-750D, Ortofon LH-6000 headshell, Ortofon Kontrapunkt-B, Mike-New Bearing, Isonoe feet, external TS-STD PSU.

8026298814_2459ace6f7_c.jpg

The Kontra B is one of the most enjoyble all-rounder cartridge and so is the Technics TT. I am just wondering how good they must be sounding together!! IS this TT available as a finished product or did you modify it on your own ?

finally got an audio technica AT 92ECD. It wasnt the stellar improvement I was expecting compared to the stock cart. Only improvement is that the old one seems to have a ringing sound in the highs - that seems to be gone. Seems to be a problem with the stylus ( I played around swapping the stylus). The old cart vs the new cart makes no difference.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back