TV For the Budget of ~40k

Darthvader03

Hello Guys,

Greetings to everyone in this forum! I am from Bangalore and new to this forum. I have a few queries on which TV to purchase for my apartment bedroom. My current requirements are as follows,

Only and only purpose of this TV is to connect to the laptop mainly for playing games, working from home, watching movies/TV Series, streaming videos from different sites. Would be much better if the TV Supports Bluetooth Headphones out of the box - Like this one!

My Laptop config - i7 3rd Gen + 12GB RAM + GTX675M + 17.3 FHD Screen - Hence this configuration should be enough for displaying any content more than or equal to a FHD via a HDMI Cable.

Viewing distance is around 2.8 ~ 3 Meters and the TV is gonna be wall hanged against a window which is facing almost North East covered by a sun screen.

@40K budget, go for Samsung F4900. You won't regret it.

Thanks for the response anubisX!
Samsung F4900 Seems to be fine, but 1024*768 resolution??? Wont it be weird to see FULL HD content on this display. Also since my laptop has FHD display mirroring might produce issues if the TV's display is less in resolution. Also 43" inches seems like a lot when my viewing distance is max at 3m. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Havent gone through many TV's, so far have seen Sony KDL-W650a which seems to be really good but seems to be pricey. Series 5 from Samsung seems to be good, but sony seems to be better in clarity when i viewed them in Reliance Digital Store. Panasonic also has a FULL HD TV within my range(arnd 36k) which is kinda good..... Any more suggestions will be welcome!

I have a 43f4900 myself and the tv is the best at the give price point. Don't worry about the screen resolution, you won't notice it much. Although, since you are going to use it as a pc monitor, you might experience some image retention if the image is static for prolonged periods. So it's upto you. If you decide on led, do check panasonic 32e6d (I think?) with ips panel.

Samsung F4900 Seems to be fine, but 1024*768 resolution??? Wont it be weird to see FULL HD content on this display. Also since my laptop has FHD display mirroring might produce issues if the TV's display is less in resolution. Also 43" inches seems like a lot when my viewing distance is max at 3m. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Havent gone through many TV's, so far have seen Sony KDL-W650a which seems to be really good but seems to be pricey. Series 5 from Samsung seems to be good, but sony seems to be better in clarity when i viewed them in Reliance Digital Store. Panasonic also has a FULL HD TV within my range(arnd 36k) which is kinda good..... Any more suggestions will be welcome!

Please think a lot about the resolution issue..I had the e490d which was the last year model with the same features.. The TV is awesome for DTH HD content .. And brrip and bd playback.. You will lose your head when you connect the laptop since the screen will look elongated and the laptop screen will have a re adjusted 1024 x 768 resolution.. I sold the tv and got a 55f5500.. No issues now.. If one is looking for gaming with consoles a 768 TV would suffice.. Hope it helps..

if it will be used as a pc monitor better go with a FHD display.

and for 3 metre thats 10 f+ even 51inch is small. 43 will be smallish.

dont worry bout size but rather look for quality. 40k is tough budget.

for gaming/tv HD ready tv will do fine but for pc monitor nutin below FHD display will look good

Hi Darthvader,

Your budget is small for a good gaming experience full HD TV.

I suggest that you look at LG/Samsung plasma display panels. For 40 K you will get only 1024x768 but given the viewing distance and screen size of 40 inches, you wont find any difference between 1080p and 720p.

I have a LG 42 inch 42PN4500. Got it for 35K in Chennai. And LED can't match the contrast levels and refresh rates of plasma TVs. Mine is 600 Hz and 3 Million : 1 .

For gaming and movies plasma is the best. Also be careful when you buy inexpensive LED TV's. Just dont go by resolution alone. Look at contrast ratio /Refresh rates also. I'm pretty sure the Panasonic full HD is of a low refresh rate.

This will make movies and games look like cartoon. Thats why high end LED tv's have a much higher refresh rate to overcome this effect. Bottom line is Plasma Display panel is bang for the buck.

@Redflag, @theironhorse, @ospram
Thanks for your inputs guys!

@Redflag/ospram - I do tend to keep working sometimes and the screen stays with the Windows bar on the bottom with a SQL/Java developer running in. So this will create burn ins for Plasmas......I know Plasma display quality is really unbeatable when compared to LED's but burn in and Full HD are the compromises that I need to make which is hard.

@theironhorse - Ya 40k budget kinda sucks, but now I am ready to shell out even more, arnd 60k...Cant increase it more than that. My mind so much fixed on Sony's W Series TV's right now! I have tried comparing its 32 inch/42 inch models with that of LG/Samsung, Sony seems to blow them out of the water!

Look at samsung 40" LED if you can look into ebay or grey market you may get it within your budget.

For PC use i recommend a LCD/LED compared to a dim large pixel low budget plasmas.

Please think a lot about the resolution issue..I had the e490d which was the last year model with the same features.. The TV is awesome for DTH HD content .. And brrip and bd playback.. You will lose your head when you connect the laptop since the screen will look elongated and the laptop screen will have a re adjusted 1024 x 768 resolution.. I sold the tv and got a 55f5500.. No issues now.. If one is looking for gaming with consoles a 768 TV would suffice.. Hope it helps..

Even if the resolution of the TV is 1024 x 768, you can select it as 1920 x 1080i in your PC & connect it....

I believe flat panels support FHD over HDMI eventhough the TV is HD..

I am using my Panasonic HD Ready LCD TV with a native resolution of 1366 x 768 connected to PC with 1920 x 1080i and it works like a charm... No issues with it so far....

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back