two more subs

If your bass is sounding directional, it is mostly a case of bad setup or bad subwoofer ;) A high quality sub if crossed low will never sound directional. Of course adding another mediocre sub to balance it out can make things better but this is not the ideal. If you really want multiple subs, go for a pair of high quality subs and set it up correctly. It will definitely sound better than 4 mediocre ones.

Better bass is all about hi quality bass management, good quality subs and careful placement of subs. You cannot achieve it with multiple mediocre subs. It will just add more mediocre bass:D

Note: I am not into home theatre but I have friends who are seriously into it. Most HT setups (even some expensive ones) are just loud and boomy. The best ones are usually minimalist ones which are carefully setup with carefully selected gear. They sound awesome :eek:hyeah:

A rule of the thump: A good subwoofer, correctly setup will make its presence felt only when it is SWITCHED OFF.
Beware of dealers who wants to sell you lots of subs. It will definitely make some of his problems go away:D But yours will remain :sad:

Last edited:

Just check their websites and/or ask them directly.

Try the BK Electronics, a beautiful sub which imo is one of the best value for money subwoofers with excellent customer service strongly followed by SVS if you can stretch a little bit more.

...and here's some homework!

Cheers.

If your bass is sounding directional, it is mostly a case of bad setup or bad subwoofer ;) A high quality sub if crossed low will never sound directional. Of course adding another mediocre sub to balance it out can make things better but this is not the ideal. If you really want multiple subs, go for a pair of high quality subs and set it up correctly. It will definitely sound better than 4 mediocre ones.

Better bass is all about hi quality bass management, good quality subs and careful placement of subs. You cannot achieve it with multiple mediocre subs. It will just add more mediocre bass:D

Note: I am not into home theatre but I have friends who are seriously into it. Most HT setups (even some expensive ones) are just loud and boomy. The best ones are usually minimalist ones which are carefully setup with carefully selected gear. They sound awesome :eek:hyeah:

A rule of the thump: A good subwoofer, correctly setup will make its presence felt only when it is SWITCHED OFF.
Beware of dealers who wants to sell you lots of subs. It will definitely make some of his problems go away:D But yours will remain :sad:

thanks bro

I second the Monolith.
This one will kick some serious ass :D
If you are a serious bass lover, stay clear of the mass market subs.They are for the girls :lol:
Get the one mentioned above or some of the biggie SVS. If you can afford it, go for JL Audio, REL etc...

you dont need 4 subs to feel the bass. (not sure what you mean by big bass). If its loud bass, use one PSW and just increase the gain and play any hip hop cd.

If you want clean bass then get 1 good quality sub and calibrate it well against your speakers and sources.

2 subs are harder to calibrate but could sound very nice if done properly. you may end up spending more time in this than listening as its a challenge to say the least. 4 is something I have seen in some expo's thats all and it did not add much to.

Use your money wisely on a good quality one like a better model PSW or Velo or Energy. SVS elemental Design or HSU aim to provide clean bass instead of loud.

For velodyne contact sunny of acoustic arts delhi +919810072060
If you want more woofers you must get a sub which has a pre out so you can daisy chain them.
All the best.
cheers

Last edited:
For velodyne contact sunny of acoustic arts delhi +919810072060
If you want more woofers you must get a sub which has a pre out so you can daisy chain them.
All the best.
cheers

thanks bro but can you please tell me what is daisy chain i never heard of it:indifferent14:

HSu research and SVS don't have any distributors. They sell everything directly. So shipping to India will be really costly.

Why don't you sell all your existing Subs and upgrade them with the Polk Audio DSW Pro Series i.e DSW Pro 600 which is rated at 500 Watts Rms (Peak) and would be more than sufficient in your setup with proper Tuneup. There are ways to find the location for placement of a sub for better bass management (Google it). In Delhi DSW Pro 600 would Cost you around Rs.25000. You could also go for Velodyne which makes very good subs and would be in your price brackets.

Why don't you sell all your existing Subs and upgrade them with the Polk Audio DSW Pro Series i.e DSW Pro 600 which is rated at 500 Watts Rms (Peak) and would be more than sufficient in your setup with proper Tuneup. There are ways to find the location for placement of a sub for better bass management (Google it). In Delhi DSW Pro 600 would Cost you around Rs.25000. You could also go for Velodyne which makes very good subs and would be in your price brackets.

hey bro do you know the price of velodyne subs

Last I asked it was around 30000 for their 12" model I don't remember their model number but somebody was selling it used on the classified section for Rs 20000.

Lets ask Vinay for his opinion.
Vinay has arguably one of the top five Home theaters in India, as per AV Max.
More is not necessarily better-a well designed & executed 5.1 HT would always work out better than just a multiple collection of components

Kamal Ji, thanks for the writing.

Actually there are home theatres which are any day better then mine but they have not shared the pictures with media.

Your writing is correct more is not necessarily better, what matters is a well designed theatre, nothing like a dedicated one.

I have seen people making home theatres, but the efforts put in are quite less and then there are no signs of a dedicated one, in spite some of them having the space.

Furthermore I have seen people making home theatres and still they regularly go to a cinema hall to watch movies, in such a case why make a theatre.

I have seen people they do not have the ethics to watch a movie, use bad quality prints, they will chat while the movie is on, they will take the phone calls, they will forward the movie, they will pause the movie, and what not.

Vinay.

Vinayji, if you could describe your HT components, your philosophy behind it & how exactly you put it all together to create a high class Home Theatre, it will be of benefit to not only Manu but to a whole lot of other aspiring HT guys.

Here is another well regarded subwoofer.
Servo subwoofers •Rythmik Audio Direct Servo subwoofers

There are people on audiogon forums who regard these as far better than some top mainstream brands out there. They all cost below 1k$. You will have to import them though.
For people on a budget, there is even a 12' sub using the famed GR Research driver costing around 700$. Sealed box - direct servo ! Great value ;) We are talking top class perfomance here.

Last edited:
Back