two more subs

I used to have one when I was in Pune - it was a 1974 model - modified to look very cool. In delhi it is too risky to ride a bike!

hey brothers

i'm going to get two more polk psw 125 subs

so it make my setup 7.4

you know guys i loooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeee biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggg bass:yahoo:

so i'm gonna get two more and dealer told me he give me much more less this time like 16000 each which cost acually 18500 on profx site

so for 36000 more i can get more bass

i tell you later how's my experience with four subs when i get two more
hi manu, the idea of having 4 subs sounds good , but as sreekanth (sounds great)has sugested splitting the sub out from the AVR will degrade the quality of the bass u get ,no doubt it may sound louder but it will not be a tight bass response it will be very boomy!! other option for u to connect multiple subs is if your sub has a link (line out) it may be a better option (but very few subs have this link option) , i have tried out these configarations way back when i had the sonodyne subs ,i had linked 3 of them (the model was roar 2B) the sound was ridiculously out of synch with the rest of the speakers as all i cud hear was bass ,anyway that was a loong time ago , i have sold off all of them and am very happy with a single velodyne cht12r sub, if u still want to connect 4 subs try to get a AVR with 2 sub outs ,so that u will have 2 balanced sub outs and the remaining 2 u can connect to the L/R main spkrs ,,,, but again brother the sound will be totally out of synch, and it will be crappy for music!! -----------may i suggest to you save the 36k sell the other 2 subs save abt a lakh and invest on a def tech supercube or trinity / velodyne/REL /Jamo c80 sub---------any one of these will really pack a greater punch

Last edited:
hi manu, the idea of having 4 subs sounds good , but as sreekanth (sounds great)has sugested splitting the sub out from the AVR will degrade the quality of the bass u get ......

I am afraid these are not valid any more. You get AVRs with Point 2 output whereby you can connect two subs straight away. If not you can take a single LFE out and split it into four or more outputs and amplify each output to the LFE level required by a sub. This is done by what are called Bass Managers. You can also daisy chain multiple sub as long as all the subs have LFE In and Out.

Today there are multiple ways and means of connecting a large number of subs without any loss of data or loss of sync.

Cheers

I am afraid these are not valid any more. You get AVRs with Point 2 output whereby you can connect two subs straight away. If not you can take a single LFE out and split it into four or more outputs and amplify each output to the LFE level required by a sub. This is done by what are called Bass Managers. You can also daisy chain multiple sub as long as all the subs have LFE In and Out.

Today there are multiple ways and means of connecting a large number of subs without any loss of data or loss of sync.

Cheers

you are right bro :)

hi manu, the idea of having 4 subs sounds good , but as sreekanth (sounds great)has sugested splitting the sub out from the AVR will degrade the quality of the bass u get ,no doubt it may sound louder but it will not be a tight bass response it will be very boomy!! other option for u to connect multiple subs is if your sub has a link (line out) it may be a better option (but very few subs have this link option) , i have tried out these configarations way back when i had the sonodyne subs ,i had linked 3 of them (the model was roar 2B) the sound was ridiculously out of synch with the rest of the speakers as all i cud hear was bass ,anyway that was a loong time ago , i have sold off all of them and am very happy with a single velodyne cht12r sub, if u still want to connect 4 subs try to get a AVR with 2 sub outs ,so that u will have 2 balanced sub outs and the remaining 2 u can connect to the L/R main spkrs ,,,, but again brother the sound will be totally out of synch, and it will be crappy for music!! -----------may i suggest to you save the 36k sell the other 2 subs save abt a lakh and invest on a def tech supercube or trinity / velodyne/REL /Jamo c80 sub---------any one of these will really pack a greater punch

hey bro whats the price of velodyne cht12r. i have heard great about it

so please reply

and for multiple subs i tell you what my situation is
when i have one sub before sub seems to come from right side where it usually sits and thats quit troublesome like when you watching movie or gplaying game when bass hits it makes it attention towards itself and also sub is only heard more on one seat where i sit and on other seats or other place of room sub is somewhere very very much,somwhere very boomy or somewhere very much less but when i add 2nd sub it's much more unifoirm and subs in know in the plane of centre speakers like it comes from all front speakers not at particular spot and also now i can heard uniform bass at all seats

treating your room for acoustics will solve your problems

hey bro whats the price of velodyne cht12r. i have heard great about it

so please reply

sorry for the delay to reply , i paid abt 40k for the velodyne cht12R , but i believe the prices have gone upwards for the newer model cht12Q, which is the same as 12R

Hi manu,

I think you are into construction business.Why don't you build a new house for yourself modelling it on a giant subwoofer.You will feel more comfortable living inside it:D

Just kidding manubhai!:)

God speed and more Bass to you,

cheers,
sri

hi manu,

i think you are into construction business.why don't you build a new house for yourself modelling it on a giant subwoofer.you will feel more comfortable living inside it:d

just kidding manubhai!:)

god speed and more bass to you,

cheers,
sri

:d :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Hi Manu4Panjab,

How have you connected your Subs? Are you using a "Y" splitter? I'm sure your sub has two inputs (for L & R). You've got to split the LFE out from your AVR and supply audio input to both the inputs of your sub. Only then you would be able to utilize the sub to the best.

I did that to my Klipsch Sub and the result was marvellous. You would get an extra +3db.

Please try this first if you've not done so, before investing in any sub.

Hi Manu4Panjab,

How have you connected your Subs? Are you using a "Y" splitter? I'm sure your sub has two inputs (for L & R). You've got to split the LFE out from your AVR and supply audio input to both the inputs of your sub. Only then you would be able to utilize the sub to the best.

I did that to my Klipsch Sub and the result was marvellous. You would get an extra +3db.

Please try this first if you've not done so, before investing in any sub.

i have y splitter i'll try it definitely :D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back