UK BS 1363 Plug

myriad

Hello,
I am looking for good indian make BS 1362 plugs. Does anyone know which company make these plugs and where i can get them.
Regards
Vasu

I very much doubt you will get them in India. You may have a better chance in Singapore and Malaysia.

I suppose you can order them online from some UK company and get a set couriered to you. You can also try some of the high end audio shops who may have some stock.

I am curious. Why do you need a British plug in India?

Cheers

Hi,
U get them freely in BBay at lamington road. They have a fuse on the live terminal. Some are chinese and are priced at 60/100 Rs and some like supra are priced at Rs 1000/-

Is there a particular reason U only want an indian make? Some Samsung monitors/LCD s come with a power cord which has this + an IEC socket and even these cords are available at local vendors for 175/200 Rs.

Venkat i guess the reason could be that Myriad has UK type wall outlets or wants a fuse in the plug as added safety.

Rgds

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I was not aware it is available in Lamington Road. I suppose it will also be available in electronic markets in all major cities.

I can understand UK type sockets, but I suppose fuses can be handled with Indian plugs also, or at worst with good quality extension boards.

Cheers

Yesterday i got some MX UK plugs from the local market. These plugs have a fuse inside and it cost me Rs.55/- a piece.
I have a Monster HTS1000 which has UK sockets. All these days i was using a convertor in between. I was sure that if i plug in directly i will improve the sound quality and it sure did improve the SQ after i put in MX UK plugs. Getting the plugs online was one option but the good ones like furutech, wattgate and oyaide are very expensive.
Regards
Vasu

Hi venkat,
I presume these are available in other cities too.
I have 2 such power cords on me. Never used them though.
One thing that baffles in these cords is that the plugs have 12 and 13 A fuses but the IEC sockets are rated for 6 & 10 A and the cord used in both is a 1.5 sq.mm 3 core cable which in itself is not meant to carry a 12/13 A load!!!
Cant figure why such a mismatch when making a power cord. I presume these came with some low current drawing appliance though i cant be sure.

Had bought a Rotel RB 1080 from the UK a few years ago and that too came with a cord that had the 1363 plug with an inbuilt fuse and the fuse blew the first time i powered up the amp!!!! Amplifier worked fine till i sold it with a regular power cord with an Indian Anchor 15 A plug.

Rgds

Thank you Vasu and Dinyaar. This was quite a revelation, as I never even considered using anything other that Indian plugs and sockets before. Usually I use an adapter, or I just cut the cable and replace it with an Indian plug. I have wired the whole house with MK sockets, and I use only MK plugs. I used to make my own extension boards using MK sockets, but have recently switched to using extension boards with the legend 'Oxygen'. They take all kinds of plug and have a nice and tight fit.

I have seen a number of attractive distribution boards when I travel abroad, but never considered bringing them home and using them here.

Only goes to show you learn every day.

Cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back