UK BS 1363 Plug

myriad

Hello,
I am looking for good indian make BS 1362 plugs. Does anyone know which company make these plugs and where i can get them.
Regards
Vasu

I very much doubt you will get them in India. You may have a better chance in Singapore and Malaysia.

I suppose you can order them online from some UK company and get a set couriered to you. You can also try some of the high end audio shops who may have some stock.

I am curious. Why do you need a British plug in India?

Cheers

Hi,
U get them freely in BBay at lamington road. They have a fuse on the live terminal. Some are chinese and are priced at 60/100 Rs and some like supra are priced at Rs 1000/-

Is there a particular reason U only want an indian make? Some Samsung monitors/LCD s come with a power cord which has this + an IEC socket and even these cords are available at local vendors for 175/200 Rs.

Venkat i guess the reason could be that Myriad has UK type wall outlets or wants a fuse in the plug as added safety.

Rgds

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I was not aware it is available in Lamington Road. I suppose it will also be available in electronic markets in all major cities.

I can understand UK type sockets, but I suppose fuses can be handled with Indian plugs also, or at worst with good quality extension boards.

Cheers

Yesterday i got some MX UK plugs from the local market. These plugs have a fuse inside and it cost me Rs.55/- a piece.
I have a Monster HTS1000 which has UK sockets. All these days i was using a convertor in between. I was sure that if i plug in directly i will improve the sound quality and it sure did improve the SQ after i put in MX UK plugs. Getting the plugs online was one option but the good ones like furutech, wattgate and oyaide are very expensive.
Regards
Vasu

Hi venkat,
I presume these are available in other cities too.
I have 2 such power cords on me. Never used them though.
One thing that baffles in these cords is that the plugs have 12 and 13 A fuses but the IEC sockets are rated for 6 & 10 A and the cord used in both is a 1.5 sq.mm 3 core cable which in itself is not meant to carry a 12/13 A load!!!
Cant figure why such a mismatch when making a power cord. I presume these came with some low current drawing appliance though i cant be sure.

Had bought a Rotel RB 1080 from the UK a few years ago and that too came with a cord that had the 1363 plug with an inbuilt fuse and the fuse blew the first time i powered up the amp!!!! Amplifier worked fine till i sold it with a regular power cord with an Indian Anchor 15 A plug.

Rgds

Thank you Vasu and Dinyaar. This was quite a revelation, as I never even considered using anything other that Indian plugs and sockets before. Usually I use an adapter, or I just cut the cable and replace it with an Indian plug. I have wired the whole house with MK sockets, and I use only MK plugs. I used to make my own extension boards using MK sockets, but have recently switched to using extension boards with the legend 'Oxygen'. They take all kinds of plug and have a nice and tight fit.

I have seen a number of attractive distribution boards when I travel abroad, but never considered bringing them home and using them here.

Only goes to show you learn every day.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back