Urgent help in choosing 40" lcd

No idea about sony s series...found only the V,W and X worth taking a look at.

Again the sole purpose of this post is only to convey the correct information.

As I have conveyed in one of my earlier posts, in 37" size the Bravia is available only in the S series version. The 32" and 40" both have X, W, V and S series versions. At 32" the only difference between a S series and a V series is a so-called DM (digital media) port which the V series has and the S does not. Actually most reputed sites on the net suggest that the DM port is not a great thing to have, because it is Sony proprietary and you have to buy an adapter or something to use it. I would think in 40" this perhaps is again the only difference. At 32", both S and V are HD ready which makes perfect sense because at that size one is not supposed to pick the difference between a HD ready and full HD. However, at 40", they both are full HD, I believe.

Ya Asit, in 40inch, sony is having Full HD in S, W and V series...difference between s and v is that in v, they have this digital media interface and as u told we require an adapter for connecting it, blue tooth compatible which is of not much use..even if they have provided usb, it would be worth spending the extra money(6500 rs more compared to S series)..all other features remain same except the design..but W is very costly, around 90k..yesterday i went to sony showroom once again to see anything is written on the back of the cabinet, such as A, C or S..but couldn't find any...as of yesterday no price reduction for sony(christmas offer or reduction in tax)..samsung, they have reduced the price..will wait for another 2 more days......

Hi All,

Finally I bought Sony 40S400A lcd tv(40") last week. What Hi FI (December issue) has selected 40V400A as the best budget lcd tv. Actually this TV is the same as 40S except the fact that it has a digital media port, and dearer by 6500rs. Picture quality is great. Only problem is the sudden switch over from 29" to 40" since the picture seems to be stretched in the new one.
Thanks for all the support and suggestions my dear forum members.

RENJITH
Trivandrum.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back