Urgent help on projectors in US..need to order today!!

arnprasad

Hi All,

One of my colleagues is in US and willing to get me a projector.

Since this is my first projector - I dont want to spend 500+ dollars. Also since a 700 dollar projector is near customs limit, I do not want this guy to go through hassles at airport.

Hence keeping all this in mind - the Acer 5360 at 375 on newegg (350+tax) or 420 on Amazon all inclusive seems decent.

Newegg has payment problems as my paypal wont work and I dont see google checkout option.

Guess 50 bucks extra is worth given ease of buying at amazon.

I need urgent advice if you see anythign else worthwhile right now. Since I am a noob at projector not sure if I am going to have it hand from my ceiling or have it project from a normal table - so let me know if I need to buy any accessories from Amazon. like 15 meter HDMI cables, wall mount...etc

Anything else you think is worth buying on cyber monday - let me know.

I have posted a similar thread on black friday deals - apologize - just wanted my post to get noticed as I have to order today.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Thanks. Any idea how to solve this Newegg maze? the 50 bucks i save can be used for wall mount and hdmi cables.

Last time I had a tough time when I bought the pioneer speakers. since Paypal wouldnt work, I used google checkout and succeeded. Then these guys send me an email saying they wont honor international card and also dont courier to hotel addresses!!

for some weird reason after 3 days they did ship...but whole experience was pretty bad....compared to few clicks on Amazon which is heavenly:clapping::clapping:

Couldnt take the suspense any longer..so ordered it on Amazon for 420 including shipping and no taxes. Also ordered a 25 feet blue rigger hdmi cable for 14 dollars and 100 feet of rca 16 guage speaker cable.

Do let me know if I need to buy anything else.

$crew newegg:mad: for not honoring Indian cards

Couldnt take the suspense any longer..so ordered it on Amazon for 420 including shipping and no taxes. Also ordered a 25 feet blue rigger hdmi cable for 14 dollars and 100 feet of rca 16 guage speaker cable.

Do let me know if I need to buy anything else.

$crew newegg:mad: for not honoring Indian cards

Congrats on your purchase.

Coming to the newegg.com they have a fixed policy that you can either use a international/local NA credit card or use paypal. In both of these cases the billing address should be exactly same as the shipping address. As they do not send overseas especially outside of North America (NA) we cannot order it to Indian address. In one way this is good especially when you use an international cards/address/shipping as it will save from any credit card fraud. And also there main market/target segment is only within NA and hence we cannot fault with the policy.

@ arnprasad - if you are going to play anything else other than blu-rays, their is a good chance that video will DROP over a length of 15 mt HDMI cable. In that case you will have to get an upscaler or get your source closer to your projector so that you can shorten the length of the HDMI cable.

@ arnprasad - if you are going to play anything else other than blu-rays, their is a good chance that video will DROP over a length of 15 mt HDMI cable. In that case you will have to get an upscaler or get your source closer to your projector so that you can shorten the length of the HDMI cable.
HDMI signal will degrade but over long length. I am using nearly 30 ft HDMI and there does not seem to be any issue.

It is first noteworthy to know what HDMI degradation means. The digital signal will degrade in purely electrical terms, quite a bit over a distance run, but if at the end of that run the bitstream can be fully and correctly reconstituted, it doesn't matter what degradation the signal suffered. Once that information is reconstituted at the receiving end, it's as good as new. HDMI is digital signal and as such degradation is not gradual but very sudden. When it starts to fail, it starts to fail conspicuously and dramatically. The first sign of an HDMI signal failure is digital dropouts. These are where a pixel or two can't be read. When these effects are seen, total failure is not far away. In such a case even if the cable were made a couple of feet longer, there's a chance that so little information would get through that there would be no picture on the display at all.

30ft of length is probably good. I used a 20mt HDMI cable (60ft) and I got no video output at all while playing dvd's and other downloaded video files :)

Congrats on your purchase.

Coming to the newegg.com they have a fixed policy that you can either use a international/local NA credit card or use paypal. In both of these cases the billing address should be exactly same as the shipping address. As they do not send overseas especially outside of North America (NA) we cannot order it to Indian address. In one way this is good especially when you use an international cards/address/shipping as it will save from any credit card fraud. And also there main market/target segment is only within NA and hence we cannot fault with the policy.

Fully understand where newegg is coming from and I appreciate their low prices - just disappointed that I cant advantage of this. :mad:

HDMI signal will degrade but over long length. I am using nearly 30 ft HDMI and there does not seem to be any issue.

/QUOTE]

Since I have not seen a PJ in action, and since PJs are always 15 feet away from the screen, assuming front speakers and receivers and all other input sources are located near the screen - is it the norm to always have 15-20 feet HDMI cables to the PJ? or do people place their receivers and input sources back of the room closer to the PJ and run long cables to their front speakers? Just wondering.

Also for folks who have not mounted the PJ on the ceiling - this 15 feet HDMi from receiver to Projector - do we just drag it over the floor temporarily everytime we use the PJ?

Window shopping on US websites is always good. Real pain starts when you actually start buying them using your Indian card. I did look at mono price - but stuck to Amazon since it works:clapping:

I have used Citibank CC more than 2 times & it works easily.

/QUOTE]

Since I have not seen a PJ in action, and since PJs are always 15 feet away from the screen, assuming front speakers and receivers and all other input sources are located near the screen - is it the norm to always have 15-20 feet HDMI cables to the PJ? or do people place their receivers and input sources back of the room closer to the PJ and run long cables to their front speakers? Just wondering.

Also for folks who have not mounted the PJ on the ceiling - this 15 feet HDMi from receiver to Projector - do we just drag it over the floor temporarily everytime we use the PJ?

If your pj is 15 feet away from the source, then you need close to 30 ft of cable depending on how you run the cable. In my case, for instance, it WA required to run from cabinet floor to ceiling, 14 ft across one wall, and then to the projector 6 feet away. You have to plan for the lax and play also.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

If your pj is 15 feet away from the source, then you need close to 30 ft of cable depending on how you run the cable. In my case, for instance, it WA required to run from cabinet floor to ceiling, 14 ft across one wall, and then to the projector 6 feet away. You have to plan for the lax and play also.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. My plan is build a permanent room in place of a temporary room that I have today. May be I will open a thread when I do it - so that the internal wirings will ensure all wires are neatly tucked inside the wall. Thx again

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back