V-Guard Digi 200 Smart for HiFi system

Usually a thumb rule would be to have them connected in 15A plugs and in main line. Any time don't connect your voltage stabilizer under an inverter. Inverter takes huge load for voltage stabilizers when the power is back from power cuts and not advisable for your AVR as well.
So if I understood you correctly, it should be my Digi 200 to main line, my inverter to Digi 200 and all my TV, AVR and streaming devices to a surge protector in my HT room. Correct me if I am wrong.

So if I understood you correctly, it should be my Digi 200 to main line, my inverter to Digi 200 and all my TV, AVR and streaming devices to a surge protector in my HT room. Correct me if I am wrong.

Whether it is Digi 200 or any other stabilizer, it has to be in the main line. Meaning if there is a power cut, your equipment will be off and comes online only when the power is back. Please don't have your AVR in UPS because not every UPS is pure sine wave.

Any main line sockets should have been connected to higher ampere MCB (Miniature Circuit Breaker) in your main power box. If the MCB can handle more power say 16A or 20A, the tripping can be avoided when more number of AV gears are added to your stabilizer. This may be off the topic but good to know.

Surge protector for all the devices is good to have as your stabilizer provides additional level of protection in power supply.

I f
There'll be a UPS mode and Normal mode on your inverter(you need to check in your model, my V-guard has it). Switch to UPS mode and this won't happen
I have found this article on the internet which to some extent explains equipment switching off and on on an inverter and exactly what you mentioned above. Thanks.

I f
I have found this article on the internet which to some extent explains equipment switching off and on on an inverter and exactly what you mentioned above. Thanks.

Yes, if your inverter supports it, then you can switch to UPS mode. I think there might be a small increase in power bills due to this.

Any time, a servo stabilizer does a great job in feeding constant 230V power supply to your AV equipment. I have been using 5kVA servo stabilizer at present, to power all my AV gears (TV, AVR, 2 power amplifiers, subwoofer, BD player, sound bar, sound bar subwoofer, STB & some LED lightings, together consumes roughly 3000W)

I was planning to go for Digi 200 from VGuard which gives ~1700W (1.7kVA). But such compact power sources are good to feed power for one AVR / BD player / 55" TV. Servo stabilizers would always make sure the output power ~230V is always fed from the varying input power supply 170V - 270V and supports as many devices as possible.

Size wise it would be compact for most users but is on the heavier side (25kg) due to their transformer sizes. Keep it at a safe place and you are all set. From my personal experience, I would strongly recommend go for it because you can be worry free and it will safe guard your AV equipment from surge and leaks. And from my experience I have not heard any noise while using the servo.

If space and size is not a constraint, servo stabilizers are better choice than usual small sized stabilizers.

Mr. Sriram, thanks a lot for your insightful reply. A servo based stabilizer would be definitely better than the Vguard 220. On the Vguard 220 smart panel, the output voltage is stated to be +- 7% of the input voltage but I have noticed that the actual percentage at times is more than that hence it does not do an accurate job of centering the voltage around 230V.
Vertex has the constant voltage transformer (CVT) model but I suppose the servo outputs a more cleaner current than the CVT.
My only issue was the space & weight constraint in the case of servo stabilizers but I guess as of now they are the best option for protecting expensive equipments. Can you pls share the dimensions of your stabilizer, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Mr. Sriram, thanks a lot for your insightful reply. A servo based stabilizer would be definitely better than the Vguard 220. On the Vguard 220 smart panel, the output voltage is stated to be +- 7% of the input voltage but I have noticed the percentage is more than that hence it does not do a great job of centering the voltage around 230V.
Vertex has the constant voltage transformer (CVT) model but I suppose the servo outputs a more cleaner current than the CVT.
My only issue was the space & weight constraint in the case of servo stabilizers but I guess as of now they are the best option for protecting expensive equipments.

Very much they are the best option when it comes to guarding your AV gears because their purpose is to provide accurate voltage.

As you mentioned, it provides cleaner and constant 230V power supply which gives real peace of mind. And most of the servo stabilizers have display of the input voltage, output voltage, load %, overload indication, etc.,

Before taking it, I too had the same concern of space and weight but what I am using is from Vertex which I specifically went from based on my friends guidance. It is bigger in size and weighs heavy 25kg as compared to traditional stabilizer models, I some how found a place and docked it where there is no manual intervention.

I would vouch for servo stabilizers for those who have space and adequate devices to be safely powered.

Last edited:
Very much they are the best option when it comes to guarding your AV gears. As you mentioned, it provides cleaner and constant 230V power supply which gives real peace of mind. And most of the servo stabilizers have display of the input voltage, output voltage, load %, overload indication, etc.,

Before taking it, I too had the same concern of space and weight but what I am using is from Vertex which I specifically went from based on my friends guidance. It is bigger in size and weighs heavy 25kg as compared to traditional stabilizer models, I some how docked it in a place where there is no manual intervention.

I would vouch for servo stabilizers for those who have space and adequate devices to be safely powered.

Thanks a lot Mr. Sriram.

Mr. Sriram, thanks a lot for your insightful reply. A servo based stabilizer would be definitely better than the Vguard 220. On the Vguard 220 smart panel, the output voltage is stated to be +- 7% of the input voltage but I have noticed that the actual percentage at times is more than that hence it does not do an accurate job of centering the voltage around 230V.
My only issue was the space & weight constraint in the case of servo stabilizers but I guess as of now they are the best option for protecting expensive equipments. Can you pls share the dimensions of your stabilizer, thanks a lot.
Vgaurd provides an output of only 220v Max but not constant. It varies from 210-218 constantly and does not provide the 230 volts. so if you are very much concerned vertex will be the best choice. I made contact with vertex and at the verge of finalizing the purchase i decided to go for the digi smart only due to the size factor as i am saving the space for a dual sub in the future or for towers

Vgaurd provides an output of only 220v Max but not constant. It varies from 210-218 constantly and does not provide the 230 volts. so if you are very much concerned vertex will be the best choice. I made contact with vertex and at the verge of finalizing the purchase i decided to go for the digi smart only due to the size factor as i am saving the space for a dual sub in the future or for towers

Thanks Love4sound we both are in a similar situation. The working voltage range of the Vguard Digi 200 Smart (file attached) is from 140V to 295 V with an output of +- 7% of the input voltage since you will be purchasing it but what Mr. Sriram has suggested holds true.

Attachments

• Digi200_Smart.jpg
    Digi200_Smart.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 33
Thanks Love4sound we both are in a similar situation. The working voltage range of the Vguard Digi 200 Smart (file attached) is from 140V to 295 V with an output of +- 7% of the input voltage since you will be purchasing it but what Mr. Sriram has suggested holds true.
No I already purchased it and been using it for two days. Even I said vortex is the best solution. Its very unlikely we get 230-240 volts stable. I am getting input around 210-228 and the output is at 220v stable . I had the budget but not the space for vertex so settled for the v guard

No I already purchased it and been using it for two days. Even I said vortex is the best solution. Its very unlikely we get 230-240 volts stable. I am getting input around 210-228 and the output is at 220v stable . I had the budget but not the space for vertex so settled for the v guard

You are lucky that most of the time you are getting an output of at least 220V instead of 210-215 output most of the time as in my case.

You are lucky that most of the time you are getting an output of at least 220V instead of 210-215 output most of the time as in my case.
Sometimes it goes to 215 for me as well but that doesn’t affect my avr in any. Denon has been used for a year with a lesser version and my other HT for 3 years. I am sure many occasions it would have operated at 210-215 output. But if you are really bothered look at vertex. And also you have mainline voltage stabilizers if ur worried in keeping the vertex in your HT room due to size.

Sometimes it goes to 215 for me as well but that doesn’t affect my avr in any. Denon has been used for a year with a lesser version and my other HT for 3 years. I am sure many occasions it would have operated at 210-215 output. But if you are really bothered look at vertex. And also you have mainline voltage stabilizers if ur worried in keeping the vertex in your HT room due to size.

Thanks Love4sound

Has the fan in the image ever worked for u? I have used my system for hours and not once I have noticed it working.

All the plug points in my home are connected to Microtek sinewave inverter for uninterrupted power. Now, I have connected my Digi 200 to one of those plug points and my 4k TV and media streaming device to Digi 200 through a surge protector. Yesterday, I have observed that when power goes and comes the Digi 200 as well as the TV switches off and on. So I'm thinking in the same way if I connect my AVR to Digi 200, it will also switch off and on when power goes. Would it be detrimental to the AVR to switch off and on, will it harm the AVR?

Hi Sir
I just gone through your post regarding TV is getting switched of when ever power goes/comes. My problem is also exactly same
Recently i have purchased 50" tv 4k TV in the place of 32" then problem started and initially i thought 2 AMP vguard Stabilizer not able to serve the purpose and i decided to go for suitable 6 amps Vguard digi 200. still problem is same then i started browsing the net and gone through your problem also.

I am using 50" 4K TV and all the power points are connected to Luminous inverter.

We are using the inverter to get the power supply (Uninterrupted) during power cuts regularly and TV is one of the main reason to not getting switched of during the power outages but now my tv is going switch off when power goes/comes.

I would like to know from yo, finally how you are dealing this problem to avoid switch of the 4K TV.
Could you please share your ideas on this.

Hello All,

Even I am facing the same situation of my TV(V Guard Digi 200) restarting during the POWER OFF/ON. I changed the Microtek Hybrid Sine Wave inverter mode to UPS but no luck. Any help/advice is very much appreciated

Hi srinivisa did this issue is resolved , Im also facing the same problem .Pls let me know if this issue is solved
I have delegated the Digi 200 only for TV & set top box. I went for a Krykard servo stabilizer 3 KVA for HT long time back. The Krykard is accurate & reliable so far. I would suggest you to go for a Vertex or a Krykard for HT purpose & not Vguard as it is not regulate voltage accurately.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back