string quintet 1-6
serenade in b flat
sinfonia concertante e flat
eine kline nachtmusik
marriage of figaro(opera)
don giovani(opera)
magic flute(opera)
requiem

Thanks ajay for the list. A friend has given me mp3s :confused: of few works by all composers. Will see if anything in there that interest me, will by Audio CD afterwards.
Regards

led zeppelin were the biggest thieves, most of the people are just not aware of the facts. led zep were as bad as bollywood. Take any of their songs and search, its by some one else. the worst part is that in the credits, they dont even use the original owners name, but take the credit for the song, write their names, dont pay royalty to the original singer. And most of the original owners are some poor US blues musicians. so, for all practical purposes, led zep = bhappi lahiri.

I like them though:lol:

Another sad case in point is aamir khan. that idiot keeps harping about piracy etc, and then goes on to make a remake of ghazini, pays royalty to the guy who stole memento, and claims he is innocent as he paid for it. Kinda like a guy steals mona lisa and sells it to someone, and that guy says its his now as he has paid for it:lol:

Bro, i dont want to sound as if I'm taking up cudgels, and neither am i about to start a fight. But you do need to check your facts.

I was quite sure of this, but i did not want to respond to this blasphemous statement, until I had actual proof in hand!

The guys did give due credit to whomever they needed to.

Please read for yourself track 3, 'when the levee breaks'. see who gets credited...

Bro, check facts before besmirching a good name. . . Coz there are true blue fans who'll stand up for 'em.

Btw, this is pic of an LP in my possession since I was born! Bought by my dad. So, that makes me a 2nd gen Zep fan!

Once again I re-instate, this is not to start a war, but to simply correct a few fact. Or rather, a fact.

My suggestion is that you right click on the image, then save it on your comp. Enlarge and check it out for yourself. As the size here looks too small!

Attachments

• Zep.jpg
    Zep.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 89
Used by many, many door bells!:lol:

I had a theory, once, that if you take all the miscellaneous snippets of melody that people [I was in UK at the time] can hum, but have no idea of where the come from, the majority would be creditable to Beethoven or Mozart!

+
pity viennese gentlemen. they no longer hv the copyright.

l

Another sad case in point is aamir khan. that idiot keeps harping about piracy etc, and then goes on to make a remake of ghazini, pays royalty to the guy who stole memento, and claims he is innocent as he paid for it. Kinda like a guy steals mona lisa and sells it to someone, and that guy says its his now as he has paid for it:lol:

hv seen memento. yes stml is the chief thingy in the movies but to say ghajini=memento is like saying star trek=star wars

hv seen memento. yes stml is the chief thingy in the movies but to say ghajini=memento is like saying star trek=star wars

:lol:

no, thats not the only thing thats in common. the causes for stml were same, tatoos on the body to remember things, how he copes with the stml, wife getting killed etc etc etc. There would have been no ghajini had there been no memento. the only major difference (except for introducing another babe) was no reverse timings, which probably was due to the either director didnt find himself capable enough/public wont be able to handle it/he'll get sued for plagiarism.

There is no such list of similarities between star wars and star trek except both are done in stars:)

A forum member had pm'ed for some western classical recommendations.Put together a list of good conductors which I am posting here too.
Conductors

herbert von karajan
claudio abbado
thomas beecham
leonard bernstein
karl bohm
pierre boulez
simon rattle
ricardo chailly
wilhelm furtwangler
christopher hogwood
carlos kleiber
otto klemperer
neville marriner
zubin mehta
riccardo muti
george solti
eugene ormandy
seiji ozawa
andre previn
bruno walter
Good Labels EMI/Deutsche Gramaphone/Decca
Economy Labels Naxos/Brilliant Classics

Hi ajay
I have one vinyl of sir arthur bliss. I have kept it because it has few good compositions "Elgar ~ pomp and circumstance" and "welcome the queen" which I like. Where does he stand amongst your favourite conductors ? I read somewhere that this arthur bliss recordings are audiophile quality.
Regds.

Last edited:
Hi ajay
I have one vinyl of sir arthur bliss. I have kept it because it has few good compositions "Elgar ~ pomp and circumstance" and "welcome the queen" which I like. Where does he stand amongst your favourite conductors ? I read somewhee that this arthur bliss recordings are audiophile quality.
Regds.
Have not heard Arthur Bliss.Among my favorites are Leonard Bernstein and Claudio Abbado.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back