Videocon d2h giving dolby digital output from HDMI

lake1988

Guys it is my greatest pleasure to share this news that now videocon d2h is providing dolby digital audio via hdmi also.:yahoo::clapping:

What you need to do is upgrade the software of the box.
You may call cc or open a request from website for software upgrade as well.
What they did ...they brought a pendrive, plugged-in to the usb input, pressed the power button on STB after 10 mins it's done.

They are giving DD output in this channels-
Star plus HD
Colors HD
Life Ok HD
Sony Set HD
Star gold HD
Star movies HD
Zee Studio HD
Movies now HD
Sony Six HD
Mtunes HD
Discovery HD
NGC HD
Star World HD

They will soon roll out this update via satellite..but if you can't wait call up CC.

zero bro videocon d2h has dolby digital sound on all hd channels which transmit dolby sound from their end. videocon d2h does not create fake pseudo 5.1 sound for hd chs which do not relay in dolby sound from channels end, tata aksy and airtel give fake 5.1 dolby sound on amny chs.
Or, maybe I don't care.

I give request from website for software upgrade and they send the person who asked me if STB is working properly and he had no clue of any software updation. Seems I've to wait till it comes automatically through satellite..:sad:

Lake1988 can you post the firmware version which is enabling this? Also can you list out any particular menu options to choose from the website to request a firmware update?

Can u pls confirm whether now we need not require optical/coaxial connection between stb and ht ?

I am asking because my ht does not have optical/coaxial connection

Thanks

Since last night I started getting Dolby Digital on HD channels. The AVR display is `Dolby Digital' for HD channels & ` Dolby Pro Logic II' for non-HD channels. I did not do anything. My AVR is connected to STB through Co-axial.

Can u suggest how to connect the set top box to the ht ?

My ht has only hdmi out (lg ht306su), no optical/coaxial port :(

Tv is lg 42cs560.

Now the stb is connected to tv via hdmi, and ht connected to tv via another hdmi, therefore no Dolby sound.

Is there any way I can get 5.1 Dolby sound ?

Thks in advance

To get dolby audio connection should be-
1.STB-->HT-->TV..not possible cause there is no hdmi in.
2.STB-->TV(via hdmi) and STB-->HT(via coaxial) not possible no coaxial port.
3.STB-->TV-->HT(via optical)..no optical.

Last option would be check whether your tv has got any headphone out port and HT has AUX audio in port..you will get stereo sound atleast.
Best option get a proper HT system from Denon/Onkyo/Yamaha.

Thanks for your reply.

With great difficulty I have managed to exchange the lg hts, with Philips HTS2511

Had decided on it earlier because it has optical/coaxial ports and fitted my budget.

However, have a sudden doubt, because that one does not have hdmi

What if Videocon decides to have the Dolby only thru hdmi ??? Is that a possibility ?
I mean, can they have the dolby audio only thru hdmi ?

To be on the safer side should I go for hts with hdmi, optical AND coaxial ports ?

Can u suggest some good system upto 10k ?

Thanks

I have a d2h HD connection. How to use the dolby plus available? Does it only work when connected to the Home theatre? When I connect the aux cable from the HT to the audio output port on the STB, it does not work? What to do? My TV does not have a headphone jack or audio output. So how to use the dolby plus> Thanks in advance.

I am really fed-up of Hathway HD set-top box..Over the last two years, due to surge from HDMI output of Set-top box, my TV and receiver (this time even the DVD player) went kaput and the cost of service was almost equivalent to annual subscription. This happened twice in last 2 years.

I have made up my mind to go for Videocon DTH due to its good reviews, but need few answers.

Q1) How many HD channels are currently offered?
Q2) How many HD channels have 5.1 sound?
Q3) Whether it has a pure 5.1 or a fake?

Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
Whats a fake 5.1? The Videocon DTH STB that I have pushes out 5.1 audio from the HDMI cable itself which my receiver decodes and lights up the Dolby symbol. Beyond this I dont know whether to call it pure or fake!!!

Q1.22
Q2.14
Q3.This is the info I get for input audio information in AVR
Input signal: Dolby Digital
Sample Rate:48kHz
Format:3/2/.1
Offset:-4dB

I get sound from surround speakers for various channels with DD 5.1.

Thanks guys!! I guess if it is a audit return from HDMI that should be good. Even the AVR is detecting it, so no probs.

Does the set-top box have optical output as well??

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back