Videocon d2h giving dolby digital output from HDMI

OK, I took some time out and did some research. The results are pasted below:

Connection: STB -> Onkyo 616 (HDMI) -> Sony KDL-42W674A TV.
Audio Info checked through the Onkyo Receiver
No other Co-Ax/ Opt connection between the STB and the Onkyo

Colors HD - 106 - Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch 48 kHz - Fake HD (Dialog coming through all 3 fronts)

M Tunes HD - 560 - Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch 48 kHz - Fake HD (Vocals coming through 2 fronts) (Here I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is acceptable because if the vocals for songs (Music) are pushed through a center channel then it kinda kills the concept of nice big floorstanders for the fronts doesnt it! :) )

@tanmayJ
Thanks a ton for spending time and effort on doing this. It really helps a lot one and all. Agree with everything except just one doubt:

Colors HD: Did u check with a movie or a daily soap? Last I checked, every movie on Colors HD was genuine HD and giving dialogue from center only. I still have Vicky donor and Special 26 recorded in my Tsky HD+ and the sound is perfect and genuine 5.1. Could you reconfirm please.

@Ishaan
Mtunes HD: Are u reading this Ishaan ? See I got my own lawyer (not Liar :lol:) now in tanmayJ :D MTunes works only in 2 channels even if signal shows 5.1. Said that, I still can wait till u urself practically check it on your own 5.1.

M Tunes HD - 560 - Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch 48 kHz - Fake HD (Vocals coming through 2 fronts) (Here I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is acceptable because if the vocals for songs (Music) are pushed through a center channel then it kinda kills the concept of nice big floorstanders for the fronts doesnt it! :) )

)

Hey tanmayj, can you please clarify, if the sound (of instruments) comes from all other speakers, and vocals only from front speakers?

@Ishaan
Mtunes HD: Are u reading this Ishaan ? See I got my own lawyer (not Liar :lol:) now in tanmayJ :D MTunes works only in 2 channels even if signal shows 5.1. Said that, I still can wait till u urself practically check it on your own 5.1.

Well i think tanmayj meant that music coming through. Others speakers as well, let him clear the air :D

Hey tanmayj, can you please clarify, if the sound (of instruments) comes from all other speakers, and vocals only from front speakers?

Well i think tanmayj meant that music coming through. Others speakers as well, let him clear the air :D

Fair Point. @tanmayj now please be jolly llb and don't be liar liar :D

Hi all!
Has anybody configured D2h HD STB on an external remote? I have configured my Sony TV on Yamaha AVR's R/C. There is provision for one more device. Can anybody help with the code of this STB? Thanks.

Hi all!
Has anybody configured D2h HD STB on an external remote? I have configured my Sony TV on Yamaha AVR's R/C. There is provision for one more device. Can anybody help with the code of this STB? Thanks.

Well i configured with. Logitech harmony 200, but via learning function mainly, but I think there was it in database as well on site of harmony

I don't know what a code of remote is and all, if you tell me exactly what you need , i can try to find out

good that I poked you all with fake and Genuine 5.1...got many things clarified with healthy arguments..

Thanks guys!! Hope to install it soon..

Hi Guys,

I was also looking at Videocon D2H and had sent mail to Customer Care enquiring about Dolby Digital 5.1. So, here is the prompt (think so! ;) ) reply from one of the manager. Hope this helps some one to decide!!! :)
------

Thank you very much for showing interest in VIDEOCON d2h. We are offering services with maximum number of Asli HD channels to our valued subscribers. As answering to your query, we do have Dolby digital in HD channels (based on content provider and content of the respective HD channel). You can get this signals from S/PDif coaxial output (you need a home theater system which is having S/PDif input coaxial). With the help of coaxial cable connected between our HD STB and your Home theater system can get Dolby digital in telecasted HD channels / programs.

Note:- In our HD STBs we are providing Dolby digital through S/PDif coaxial only not through HDMI.

Here is the list of channels they have listed:

Dolby Audio on D2H platform as on (26-July-13) V2.8

Sr.No. SERVICE LCN DOLBY STATUS
1 Star Plus HD 102 YES
2 SONY SIX HD 424 YES
3 MOVIES NOW HD 256 YES
4 Star Movies HD 242 YES
5 Star World HD 654 YES
6 NGC HD 606 YES
7 Discovery HD WORLD 602 YES
8 Colors HD 106 YES
9 ZEE STUDIO HD 248 YES
10 SONY SET HD 110 YES
11 Star Gold HD 206 YES
12 M Tunes HD 560 YES
13 Life OK HD 108 YES
14 Star Cricket HD 404 YES

-------

This is the reply

So, I am thinking to go for this at least for their prompt opinion on their service, instead of lieing like other DTH providers!

Does this help?

Last edited:
In our HD STBs we are providing Dolby digital through S/PDif coaxial only not through HDMI.

I am shocked to read this guy is some kind of manager u got the email from. If only these so called managers or curtomer care people visited these hifivision forum they ll realise how much they have been missing out on knowledge of their own products.

All i am saying is there are genuine customers here who are telling us with proof that HDMI connection via VideoconD2H will give u dolby 5.1. If I were you, I would prefer believing these forum members than the so called 'managers'.

I am shocked to read this guy is some kind of manager u got the email from. If only these so called managers or curtomer care people visited these hifivision forum they ll realise how much they have been missing out on knowledge of their own products.

All i am saying is there are genuine customers here who are telling us with proof that HDMI connection via VideoconD2H will give u dolby 5.1. If I were you, I would prefer believing these forum members than the so called 'managers'.

I too agree with you. So, I'll him up tomorrow and ask him how come other users are getting Dolby HDMI. Let's see what they responds.

No particular use talking to them about this, because as of now the software is not stable, so they cannot officially announce HDMI dolby because then with official thing whole world gonna start complaining about problems, so its for enthusiasts as of now, for others it's SPDIF only

Hi,
I have checked my download id..it shows 37.
I am connecting my Videocon STB to my Yamaha AVR via HDMI.But its showing audio format as PCM only and not showing Dolby Digital .No sound too..

Even if i try to connect the STB fdirectly to my Sonay Bravia TV,its not detecting the Dolby Digital signal.(My TV accepts Dolby Digital signal).

Can somone help me ?
Thanks in Advance

Thanks
Mathew

On videocon d2h remote, hit info button then yellow button, then right direction key and ok dolby sound option.

To change it to default in setting, go to stb menu, setup, installation, your code, box setting, tv setting, audio output, home cinema, ok, done :thumbup:

Ishaan, I have brought the D2H yesterday, but I did got the code for my STB. Is the code will be same for all the boxes or it's different for each customer? Right now I am getting the Dolby by using the same way that you have mentioned, but I would like to set as default to Dolby for all the HD channels..

Do let me know.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back