Videocon d2h giving dolby digital output from HDMI

I have no luck after trying post #57. There is no sound via hdmi or coaxial if you switch to Dolby Digital. A colleague who uses the same set top box said it did work but it no longer does for his set top box too. Posted on Videocon Facebook page. There was some activity but the solution has yet to arrive.

News from the Videocon technician..unfortunately cant have it in our new home. ALl the windows are exactly in the opp direction to catch any signal.

Now only option left is to revive my Tata Sky connection and convert it to HD and keep using it.

Can anyone recommend any other option.. ?

can someone please post the pic of HD-STB, particularly facing the back panel. Just curious to know about the ports?

@vnmathur, Thanks a lot for the pic.

I heard that white box is the newer model...is that so?? or this is the one which I can expect?

@vnmathur, Thanks a lot for the pic.

I heard that white box is the newer model...is that so?? or this is the one which I can expect?

Yes the white box is the newer model. I got that when I took it at the beginning of the month

sreeharsha is right. In addition to that :

1) No card slot in the new 2222 box as it is inbuilt now.
2) Also recording facility is added option now with inbuilt USB slot where you can attach an external hard drive greater than 4GB memory with a monthly subscription of Rs 30 and one time activation charge of Rs 199.00
3) Not sure about old remote but new one has RF signal, means you can control stb from next room. Line of sight is not required.
4) HD Stb has logo of HD-3D with channel no 999 showing 3D SBS format
5) Output has Analog, Component and HDMI connections

Old one has an SPDIF jack which I have connected to my AVR & hdmi FROM stb TO tv. I'm not facing any problem which are being discussed here. If the new one does not have any digital/co-ax output then......???

The new 2222 stb box also has S/PDIF connection as well as an Ethernet connection. One factory reset/forced OTA button is also present in the rear.

Dear folks, I just got videocon HD d2h installed on 3-8-2013. I am just sharing my experiences.

I had purchased Yamaha YHT-196 a month back. It is a good entry level Home Theatre. I already have a Sony 40 in Full HD TV. I was looking for a HD satellite provider and narrowed down on videocon as received many good reviews and supports many HD channels. The subscription rates are also less. But I was not sure whether I will received Dolby Digital sound on the HD channels. I searched many forums and this forum provided me with maximum insight. I called their customer support, and they informed me that DD is provided only through Coaxial SPDIF connector and not via HDMI port. Since Yamaha YHT-196 has two coaxial SPDIF ports and two Optical SPDIF ports I felt comfortable.

Finally went for the HD STB last Saturday. I also bought a coaxial SPDIF cable for connecting the STB with my Yamaha AVR. Videocon gave me only the black STB (not white one - which is more advanced). I connected the HDMI port and SPDIF port to Yamaha AVR and from AVR one HDMI cable to the TV. I selected the audio source as Coaxial port in the AVR. I got Dolby Digital in many HD channels. But later when I checked, I found that the STB supports Dolby Digital even through the HDMI port. So no SPDIF was necessary. That must be because of the latest firmware they loaded.

As Dolby Digital is provided only is few HD channels, I opted for Dolby Prologic II as the sound enhancement in the Yamaha AVR. When the input is in Dolby Digital, the AVR automatically switches to Dolby Digital mode and displays "Dolby Digital". Else it displays "DD Prologic II". The DD is very good in Engligh Movie channels. I could not get DD in many other channels although people mentioned that they are getting DD in colors HD, Life OK HD etc. I have to experiment and find out.

Hi, I am new member to your forum and thanks to you all i have bought videocon d2h and enjoying it.

I need to your suggestions on picture quality.

1) I have LG HD 3D TV and Yamaha YSP-3000 digital sound projector sound bar. When i connect HDMI from set top box to TV directly i am getting 1080P picture where as if connect HDMI to Yamaha and then to TV, i am getting 1080i picture. so i would like to know which one i should opt.

2) My TV has ARC HDMI which i have connected to Yamaha,but i am not getting audio through it. any reasons???

3) for audio i have connected set top to yamaha by co axial cable- problem is when i opt for DD the volume is less and finer bits are not audible but surround effect is noticed. if i cancel DD the yamaha shows PCM audio but sound volume with clarity is good, but surround effect is less pronounced. has any one has similar exp ?? any suggestions on settings?

Thanks to all in advance

ARC is functioning perfectly in my case. One particular HDMI In on the TV will be labeled ARC. U need to connect that to the receiver. Also from your receiver settings enable HDMI Control (RIHD)

When i connect HDMI from set top box to TV directly i am getting 1080P picture where as if connect HDMI to Yamaha and then to TV, i am getting 1080i picture. so i would like to know which one i should I opt

Check the receiver HDMI Input settings. Somewhere you must have forced the output resolution to 1080i. Either force it to 1080p or use 'through' or 'direct' more wherein the receiver will just pass the input resolution to the output

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back