Videocon d2h giving dolby digital output from HDMI

Your videcon STB will have either a Toslink/Coaxial output apart from the HDMI output. Try using the Optical output to your sound bar optical in.

Not sure this is right place to ask, Since We are discussing about Videocon D2h I'm asking here,

I'm using HD Zapper box and i'm getting Dolby through HDMI. In the installation->TV Settings->Display , I selected 1080i 60Hz. But when i checked the screen with TV remote info button it shows 1080p 50Hz. In that case, what is the point of selecting that screen display type? Please let me know

Not sure this is right place to ask, Since We are discussing about Videocon D2h I'm asking here,

I'm using HD Zapper box and i'm getting Dolby through HDMI. In the installation->TV Settings->Display , I selected 1080i 60Hz. But when i checked the screen with TV remote info button it shows 1080p 50Hz. In that case, what is the point of selecting that screen display type? Please let me know

ur tv must be having default refresh rate of 50 hz, normally only TSC TV's have 60 hz refresh rate

ur tv must be having default refresh rate of 50 hz, normally only TSC TV's have 60 hz refresh rate

Thanks a lot! What about 1080i? It supposed to give the resolution whatever sent by the STB right? If not what is the correct settings should be done in the STB, Please help me out

I guess they have updated the output resolution to 1080p when you are selecting 1080i by means of software patch.

My downloadid is 11. 2222 setupbox model.what is the latest download version?
is there any option we can do ourselves the updation

Hi Subbubusk,
I don't think we can update ourselves unless its remotely upgraded. It did not happen for em, I callled up CC and they sent a person next day..who took the box to their service centre(I noted down the model, serial number), the very next day they installed it back and now I am getting Dolby digital output.

Last edited:
Subscription fee is Rs.200 for one year.

IIRC I did a one time payment of Rs. 199 to activate the recording feature on the white 222 STB and am paying Rs. 30 per month to use the recording feature. Did Videocon change this recently?

On a separate note, does anyone using the recording feature on the white 222 Videocon STB notice that some scheduled recordings just disappear all of a sudden on their own? :annoyed:

I paid only Rs.200/- when I took the connection. It is the annual fee and there is no monthly charge.

Any scheme to get upgrade to the new white box for free?

My recharge is due next month on 10 February, I will recharge for full year, what are the benefits I can expect?

Dear folks, I just got videocon HD d2h installed on 3-8-2013. I am just sharing my experiences.

I had purchased Yamaha YHT-196 a month back. It is a good entry level Home Theatre. I already have a Sony 40 in Full HD TV. I was looking for a HD satellite provider and narrowed down on videocon as received many good reviews and supports many HD channels. The subscription rates are also less. But I was not sure whether I will received Dolby Digital sound on the HD channels. I searched many forums and this forum provided me with maximum insight. I called their customer support, and they informed me that DD is provided only through Coaxial SPDIF connector and not via HDMI port. Since Yamaha YHT-196 has two coaxial SPDIF ports and two Optical SPDIF ports I felt comfortable.

Finally went for the HD STB last Saturday. I also bought a coaxial SPDIF cable for connecting the STB with my Yamaha AVR. Videocon gave me only the black STB (not white one - which is more advanced). I connected the HDMI port and SPDIF port to Yamaha AVR and from AVR one HDMI cable to the TV. I selected the audio source as Coaxial port in the AVR. I got Dolby Digital in many HD channels. But later when I checked, I found that the STB supports Dolby Digital even through the HDMI port. So no SPDIF was necessary. That must be because of the latest firmware they loaded.

As Dolby Digital is provided only is few HD channels, I opted for Dolby Prologic II as the sound enhancement in the Yamaha AVR. When the input is in Dolby Digital, the AVR automatically switches to Dolby Digital mode and displays "Dolby Digital". Else it displays "DD Prologic II". The DD is very good in Engligh Movie channels. I could not get DD in many other channels although people mentioned that they are getting DD in colors HD, Life OK HD etc. I have to experiment and find out.

I was exactly looking for this information and hv gone through ur discussions on this thread. I'll be buying my HD DTH in a week or two and prefer to have Surround Sound. This insight by u helped me a grt deal.

I hv D2H & Airtel in mind. Presently, I'm inclined towards D2H HD.

Thx Mate

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back