Videocon d2h giving dolby digital output from HDMI

Also since D2H is going into AVR directly so instead of repeatedly selecting DD for HD channels,set the default audio out of set top box to surround.This can be done from Setup
Menu > Setup > Installation > code 1234 > Box Setting > TV Settings > Audio Output >Surround

That ways you should automatically get DD for True HD channels (Apart from & pictures and History HD) and 2.1 for rest SD and HD channels

I have connected D2H white STB to AVR via HDMI. Done the above setup in D2H menu. Now I could see "Dolby Digital" for some of the HD channels.
Other channels it is "PCM". Could not actually test it is real DD5.1 or not as I have only fronts now. So I guess DD is available over HDMI and no coaxial connection is needed from D2H to AVR.

Any idea on what is the difference between "SURROUND" and "AUTO" in the Audio output setting in D2H?

Guys it is my greatest pleasure to share this news that now videocon d2h is providing dolby digital audio via hdmi also.:yahoo::clapping:

What you need to do is upgrade the software of the box.
You may call cc or open a request from website for software upgrade as well.
What they did ...they brought a pendrive, plugged-in to the usb input, pressed the power button on STB after 10 mins it's done.

They are giving DD output in this channels-
Star plus HD
Colors HD
Life Ok HD
Sony Set HD
Star gold HD
Star movies HD
Zee Studio HD
Movies now HD
Sony Six HD
Mtunes HD
Discovery HD
NGC HD
Star World HD

They will soon roll out this update via satellite..but if you can't wait call up CC.

I am using white box 2222 model and since last July I am using HDMI cable for DD 5.1 sound and I am getting it but the problem is : when I set the sound to DD 5.1 (press info button then yellow button) then volume button of setup box does not work...did you check this issue ...Do I need to upgrade software ??

Yep same issue for me...Over Coaxial as well as HDMI..in DD while using AVR volume is unaffected by STB remote +/-

If the receiver is showing DD that means the stb is passing through the un decoded DD signal to the reciever so stb volume will not work. On channels with DD volume can be changed by receiver only (stb set to passthrough or bitstream). Same is the case with my tata sky hd.

I want to connect the D2H STB to AVR via Digital Coaxial. Changed the HDMI connection directly to TV instead of passing through AVR. I have checked the rear of D2H STB and the port marked is "SPDIF". Is it for digital coaxial or optical?

Please suggest a good cable for this connection.

I want to connect the D2H STB to AVR via Digital Coaxial. Changed the HDMI connection directly to TV instead of passing through AVR. I have checked the rear of D2H STB and the port marked is "SPDIF". Is it for digital coaxial or optical?

Please suggest a good cable for this connection.

I think most of the STBs have optical port and the D2H also has a optical port. So get a optical cable to connect to your AVR.

Thanks for the diagram. In Videocon D2H "spdif" out is Coaxial ( The round port). There is no TOSLINK(optical) as in the pic. In hdstb2222.pdf also it is mentioned as below.

SPDIF Output : Co-Axial.

That means I have to get digital coaxial cable.
Any decent cable to suggest? Could not find a bluerigger coaxial.

D2H does not have optical out its a coaxial RCA ..You can use a normal coaxial cable for this..Im using the one from my old hathway connection and it works perfect for Dolby 5.1

I have just checked the D2H audio via ARC. AVR is displaying It as PCM only. I think TV will not output DD5.1 through ARC. So now having it as 2 channel via ARC.

Will connect coaxial out from D2H to AVR for true DD5.1

I have just checked the D2H audio via ARC. AVR is displaying It as PCM only. I think TV will not output DD5.1 through ARC. So now having it as 2 channel via ARC.

Will connect coaxial out from D2H to AVR for true DD5.1

Do you have the new white color STB or the old black color one. It seems that as per the CC of D2H the white color box comes preloaded with the DD5.1 firmware but sometimes it may not work correctly. So if you report the issue these guys take the box to their office and get it loaded with the new firmware and you should be able to get the DD5.1. Also this firmware also can be installed in the old black box as well. I have not done that but I think you can speak to the CC nearby to your place and get it done. These guys normally should carry the firmware in a USB pendrive which you can remind them before booking a service call. They should be able to update it then and there :)

Yes mine is the white model (guess it is 2222 model ). I am getting DD5.1 from the below connection and no firmware update is needed.

Connection-1
DTH HDMI OUT - AVR HDMI IN and AVR HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN
( AVR displays "Dolby digital" for most of the HD channels.)

Since I don't to keep the AVR in standby for watching DTH, connected it directly to TV as below
DTH HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN
( No digital audio conection made from D2H to AVR).

In this case when I turn on AVR and the D2H audio will be output via TV HDMI(ARC) to AVR. AVR displays " PCM" for Dolby digital channels also. This may be the limitation of TV and ARC and it will transfer only 2 channel audio. So a "Digital Audio" out connection D2H to AVR is what is needed to get the DD5.1 if HDMI is connected directly to TV.

Guys; I am new here, been searching this forum but could not find the right answer to my question, so if anyone please....

I want to know which 5.1 HTS is compatible with Videocon D2h STB 2244 HD RF model.

I would highly appreciate the reply.

Thanks and Regards.

Guys; I am new here, been searching this forum but could not find the right answer to my question, so if anyone please....

I want to know which 5.1 HTS is compatible with Videocon D2h STB 2244 HD RF model.

I would highly appreciate the reply.

Thanks and Regards.

If the STB has a HDMI out or optical output any HTS with these inputs should be ok for 5.1.

I tried this last evening when Iron Man 2 started on Movies HD (I think) and its a fake. I have the oval shaped (sort of) set top box. HDMI pass through to my receiver and to my TV.

I went in to settings of the set top box, choose Surround under Audio. The receiver indicates Dolby Digital, all the speaker icons are lit. There is no dialogue on the center channel. It is still coming from the front speakers. Something is telling the receiver that the feed is Dolby Digital and that's about it.

The other problem I faced with switching the set top box to Surround. The TV speakers are dead if the receiver is in stand by. My receiver supports a pass through connection. TV speaker plays if the setting is stereo on the set top box. My TV has Dolby Digital and DTS decoders on board. Now there are times I don't want to fire up my receiver and hear the audio from the tv. This ain't working if the set top box is set to Surround.

If the STB has a HDMI out or optical output any HTS with these inputs should be ok for 5.1.
Thanks for the reply, my stb has HDMI, and digital coaxial output., can anyone suggest a 5.1 HTS compatible product within 15k - 20k budget with product details as i've been told that certain models are not compatible with Videocon D2h.

I bought sony soundbar CT390. I have connected it thru optical cable to TV. But for Dolby option I read here about spdif output on my STB. How to get dolby in videocon?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back