• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Videocon d2h giving dolby digital output from HDMI

QUAD

ISO

I recently installed Hathway STB HD and my receiver was not detecting dolby digital.

I had to go in advance audio setup menu and enabled dolby for the HDMI.

prashant80

Yes mine is the white model (guess it is 2222 model ). I am getting DD5.1 from the below connection and no firmware update is needed.

Connection-1
DTH HDMI OUT - AVR HDMI IN and AVR HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN
( AVR displays "Dolby digital" for most of the HD channels.)

Since I don't to keep the AVR in standby for watching DTH, connected it directly to TV as below
DTH HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN
( No digital audio conection made from D2H to AVR).

In this case when I turn on AVR and the D2H audio will be output via TV HDMI(ARC) to AVR. AVR displays " PCM" for Dolby digital channels also. This may be the limitation of TV and ARC and it will transfer only 2 channel audio. So a "Digital Audio" out connection D2H to AVR is what is needed to get the DD5.1 if HDMI is connected directly to TV.
Hi sunil.Can you help as i have same connection as like you but not able to hear sound from AVR.No CEC working.But when i remove the 1st connection then i get the sound to AVR from TV.

1.DTH HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN
2.AVR HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN

sunilkm

Hi sunil.Can you help as i have same connection as like you but not able to hear sound from AVR.No CEC working.But when i remove the 1st connection then i get the sound to AVR from TV.

1.DTH HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN
2.AVR HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN
Hi, I have connected in this way for easy use.

DTH HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN.
DTH audio out - AVR coaxial audio in.

So for normal use DTH audio will be through TV when AVR is off.
This way I switch on the AVR only when needed.

prashant80

Hi, I have connected in this way for easy use.

DTH HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN.
DTH audio out - AVR coaxial audio in.

So for normal use DTH audio will be through TV when AVR is off.
This way I switch on the AVR only when needed.
Correct me if i get it wrong
You used coaxial from D2h box to AVR audio in along with DTH HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN. If so does it give DD sound as HDMI is the best way to carry DD signal

sunilkm

Correct me if i get it wrong
You used coaxial from D2h box to AVR audio in along with DTH HDMI OUT - TV HDMI IN. If so does it give DD sound as HDMI is the best way to carry DD signal
Yes I get DD sound through coaxial. In DTH audio setting you can change to "surround"