Videocon d2h giving dolby digital output from HDMI

There are 2 hd stb these days?

White 2222 and sdhd 555

Both having Dolby sound via hdmi cable?

White 2222 and sdhd 555

555 does give, for 2222, need to check. We have a forum member who is using the same @sm_vlr .Maybe he can shed some light.

White 2222 and sdhd 555

Infact there is a new White 2233 STB as well, however I do not think its giving Dolby sound via HDMI cable. My reciever keeps showing Stereo but no sound when I switch audio to Surround Sound on the STB menu.

Infact there is a new White 2233 STB as well, however I do not think its giving Dolby sound via HDMI cable. My reciever keeps showing Stereo but no sound when I switch audio to Surround Sound on the STB menu.

White STB does push out Dolby thru HDMI. Check your settings...

Did you try audio as 'auto'? Also try changing the audio using the info+yellow button.

White STB does push out Dolby thru HDMI. Check your settings...

Yup tried changing from info+yellow as well as from Box Settings.

The installer said my STB is the latest, and hence I am not sure if its relevant but my download id is 15.

Yup tried changing from info+yellow as well as from Box Settings.

The installer said my STB is the latest, and hence I am not sure if its relevant but my download id is 15.

The Download ID for 2222 STB is 18, I have got installed through Service Engineer.

I got my Videocon D2H HD installed on Sunday, 26 Jan (Ordered on Saturday) and was delivered withing 24 hrs. I'm getting Dolby Digital sound on all the HD channels and I can hear the surround sound effect.

The installation engineer explicitly stated that one can get DD 5.1 sound through HDMI and I can confirm it. So my setup is as this STB (Model No.2222) >HDMI>TV & TV>Digital Optical Cable>HTiB (Home Theater in a Box).

I'm impressed with the quality and the promptness of the service. Hope this is helpful for people looking out for reviews.

Cheers
Amit

Hi, i want toknow if dd is supported only via hdmi in 2011 box n no spdif cable or anything? My connection is like Stb to tv via hdmi and tv to Sony dav dz 510 HT via another hdmi. Yet, when i press yellow button i don't get dd sound it goes mute. I bought a cable, connected spdif port of stb to digital in of ht, yet it's not working ,some 1 pls help.

2011 box doesn't support DD over HDMI. It is sent only thru spdif port. So you need to connect co-ax via spdif to your HT directly. In addition in STB setup you need to change sound to "surround" only then DD works.

HTH

Where you have connected the Set Top Box? Is it a HT system? Lot of details are available in this thread itself.

I got a Videocon D2H connection yesterday and not getting the DD out. I'm not tried any settings. Pl give some tips for DD setup.

Connect the d2h box via hdmi.
In the d2h settings, go to installation, enter password 1234, then change the audio settings to Surround, press OK to save it.

Hello,

I have replaced my old black HD set top box with the new white HD (USB recording type) STB model no 2244 yesterday.

I have connected STB HDMI Out => Yamaha YHT 299 HDMI 1 in
Yamaha YHT 299 HDMI out => TV HDMI in

Yamaha AV receiver "Straight" Audio Mode is showing only 2.1 Channel signal reception (Front Left, Front Right and Sub woofer).

Generally if the audio source is 5.1 the straight mode shows all channels (2 Front, 2 Rear, Centre and Sub woofer) active.

How to change the reception to DD or 5.1 for HD Channels. Is there any setting change available? I tried in settings etc but couldn't find any.

Calling Videocon DTH people was waste of time, they dont even know what 5.1 or DD is

Last edited:
Also since D2H is going into AVR directly so instead of repeatedly selecting DD for HD channels,set the default audio out of set top box to surround.This can be done from Setup
Menu > Setup > Installation > code 1234 > Box Setting > TV Settings > Audio Output >Surround

That ways you should automatically get DD for True HD channels (Apart from & pictures and History HD) and 2.1 for rest SD and HD channels

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back