Videocon d2h giving dolby digital output from HDMI

My TV has ARC HDMI which i have connected to Yamaha,but i am not getting audio through it. any reasons???

ARC needs to be supported at both ends of equipment. I can't find ARC specified on your Yamaha in pictures or feature list.

Hi, I am new member to your forum and thanks to you all i have bought videocon d2h and enjoying it.

I need to your suggestions on picture quality.

1) I have LG HD 3D TV and Yamaha YSP-3000 digital sound projector sound bar. When i connect HDMI from set top box to TV directly i am getting 1080P picture where as if connect HDMI to Yamaha and then to TV, i am getting 1080i picture. so i would like to know which one i should opt.

Lol

D2h only supports 1080i, I have no idea how anyways you are getting 1080p, guess what? You are not getting 1080p at all whatsoever

And regarding ARC, both devices must support it 1st, 2nd if your both devices support it then I guess you have to 1st connect stb HDMI. to your soundbar and then soundbar HDMI out to tv ARC HDMI and then select proper mode, refer user manual of soundbar

Thanks tanmayi.. I again tried today with your inputs and i am getting 1080P picture through Yamaha..That is solved and also i am getting audio through HDMI, so no need to use co-axial cable from set top box to Yamaha!!!

But My other puzzle remains..when I switch to Dolby Digital, sound volume is less and smaller bits not audible(need to increase sound volume substantially)..Any particular reasons???

Lol

D2h only supports 1080i, I have no idea how anyways you are getting 1080p, guess what? You are not getting 1080p at all whatsoever

And regarding ARC, both devices must support it 1st, 2nd if your both devices support it then I guess you have to 1st connect stb HDMI. to your soundbar and then soundbar HDMI out to tv ARC HDMI and then select proper mode, refer user manual of soundbar

I think you are right..no where in yamaha sound bar has mentioned about ARC..Now i am connecting My TV to Sound bar using Optical cable...

I think d2h must be transmitting 1080P since when I press info on my TV remote it says [email protected] be others can confirm this..

Folks - After a long stint, finally videocon DTH installed at my premises. Again I have few questions on SOUND.

Channels like MOVIES NOW HD, ZEE STUDIO HD and few others, eventhough my AV receiver is detecting as Dolby Digital, still I think it is not true 5.1 sound. Because I can hear the voice coming from the surround speakers (Basically whatever the sound that is coming from the front the same is coming from the surround)

However the channels like STAR MOVIES HD, DISCOVERY HD and few others has a perfect Dolbly 5.1 sound as i can make out that only the surround sound is coming from the rear speaker and the voice from the front speakers.

Could someone please help me in understanding this strange behavior..Does everyone have this problem?

Download ID is 11

Last edited:
I checked this today and yes some channels like Zee Studio HD show DD, but it is not true 5.1. IIRC, last week I checked the audio was real 5.1 in Movies Now and Z Studio.

Folks - After a long stint, finally videocon DTH installed at my premises. Again I have few questions on SOUND.

Channels like MOVIES NOW HD, ZEE STUDIO HD and few others, eventhough my AV receiver is detecting as Dolby Digital, still I think it is not true 5.1 sound. Because I can hear the voice coming from the surround speakers (Basically whatever the sound that is coming from the front the same is coming from the surround)

However the channels like STAR MOVIES HD, DISCOVERY HD and few others has a perfect Dolbly 5.1 sound as i can make out that only the surround sound is coming from the rear speaker and the voice from the front speakers.

Could someone please help me in understanding this strange behavior..Does everyone have this problem?

Download ID is 11

Only Star Movies HD has genuine Dolby always in D2H. I also have the 2222 STB with the same download ID 11, no Dolby output from HDMI though. They have some bugs and have messed up with the software. There should be two options for audio selection, one for HDMI and the other for SPDIF like TataSky HD and HD+ STBs. Hope that is sorted out.

When surround option is selected in the audio options of the STB one can get Dolby and normal audio through SPDIF for the rest of the channels but non Dolby channels' audio is not output through HDMI but muted which is irritating.

Cheers

New box supports DD through both SPDIF and HDMI. You can set the audio to Auto in settings. For non DD channels the audio through hdmi is not muted. However for NatGeo HD, sometimes there is no audio when DD is selected.

Does that DD output change from movie to movie...then we need to check with other operators whether they are getting the same issue...might be some thing to do with channel provider..

New box supports DD through both SPDIF and HDMI. You can set the audio to Auto in settings. For non DD channels the audio through hdmi is not muted. However for NatGeo HD, sometimes there is no audio when DD is selected.

If you set the option to Auto in settings you have to select Dolby manually through the language option (yellow button) and once you switch channels the option is lost and has to be selected again manually but when you set the option to surround the Dolby sound is output through SPDIF for channels automatically with Dolby output and prologic mode for other channels and the channels with Dolby output are muted through HDMI. This is happening in my STB (2222 with Download ID 11). The senior techs in Chennai insisted that D2H does not support Dolby thro HDMI in HD boxes!!!! Incidentally we also use TataSky HD and HD+.

It would have been fine if Dolby output was automatic with Dolby broadcast channels instead of selection manually which makes no sense and normal audio for other channels when "Auto" option is selected.

Cheers

If you set the option to Auto in settings you have to select Dolby manually through the language option (yellow button) and once you switch channels the option is lost and has to be selected again manually but when you set the option to surround the Dolby sound is output through SPDIF for channels automatically with Dolby output and prologic mode for other channels and the channels with Dolby output are muted through HDMI. This is happening in my STB (2222 with Download ID 11). The senior techs in Chennai insisted that D2H does not support Dolby thro HDMI in HD boxes!!!! Incidentally we also use TataSky HD and HD+.

It would have been fine if Dolby output was automatic with Dolby broadcast channels instead of selection manually which makes no sense and normal audio for other channels when "Auto" option is selected.

Cheers

Are you using the new white box? In the new white box all you have to do is set audio as 'auto' and it will automatically select DD for available DD channels and stereo for non DD channels through both hdmi and spdif. Only when you set audio as 'stereo', you need to press the info button and then yellow button to change audio track. There is another option 'surround' which I didn't test as my avr will handle stereo channels to prologic.

Are you using the new white box? In the new white box all you have to do is set audio as 'auto' and it will automatically select DD for available DD channels and stereo for non DD channels through both hdmi and spdif. Only when you set audio as 'stereo', you need to press the info button and then yellow button to change audio track. There is another option 'surround' which I didn't test as my avr will handle stereo channels to prologic.

Yeah using the new white box but when in Auto it does not work for me. When in Surround it works in SPDIF but not in HDMI. I am not sure if it is a bug or anomaly in my box. I was really wondering why there is "Auto" when it is not functioning as it should.

Also have you noticed that some Audio presets are there by pressing the "Star" marked or Shift button on the white remote like Movie, Music, Surround, Clear Surround and Dynamic.

Cheers.

Everything looks fine...but still the channels like MOVIES NOW HD, ZEE STUDIO HD and few others does not have a pure 5.1..

I think this problem is related to service provider..any idea when they will set it right??

I think this problem is a recent one, because two weeks back when I played a few movies the audio was in real 5.1.

All,
This is an interesting thread, and I landed on this since I was looking for some information on this.
I am using Videocon D2H for last one year, only yesterday I decided to connect my old Harman Kardon Home Theatre to this.
Here is what I am getting on the HD channels :-
1. On some Channels I am getting 5.1 ( Colors HD, Sony Set, Z Studio HD)
2. On some channels I am getting 5.1 output but no vocal/voice.. only music (Star Plus HD, etc)
3. On Some channels there is no Dolby Selection ( Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD etc)

Z Stuido HD output is by far the best one.

Here is the setup :-
STB -> via HDMI -> TV --> Via Optical to HT

I have lost the Harman Remote and Logitech Harmony 300 I bought for this only worked for a week, so I am unable to do any configuration on the HT.

My Question is - Is this normal behavour on some channels, is there any one else seen this type of issue?

Thanks in advance..

All,
This is an interesting thread, and I landed on this since I was looking for some information on this.
I am using Videocon D2H for last one year, only yesterday I decided to connect my old Harman Kardon Home Theatre to this.
Here is what I am getting on the HD channels :-
1. On some Channels I am getting 5.1 ( Colors HD, Sony Set, Z Studio HD)
2. On some channels I am getting 5.1 output but no vocal/voice.. only music (Star Plus HD, etc)
3. On Some channels there is no Dolby Selection ( Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD etc)

Z Stuido HD output is by far the best one.

Here is the setup :-
STB -> via HDMI -> TV --> Via Optical to HT

I have lost the Harman Remote and Logitech Harmony 300 I bought for this only worked for a week, so I am unable to do any configuration on the HT.

My Question is - Is this normal behavour on some channels, is there any one else seen this type of issue?

Thanks in advance..

Ideally how all the HD channels are broadcast w.r.t type of 5.1 (real/psuedo/2 channel) , There is a very detailed thread made by the poster 'tanmayJ'. Check out the below link. Hope this helps

http://www.hifivision.com/digital-c...g-dolby-digital-output-hdmi-4.html#post513838

i want to connect videocon d2h to my samsung soundbar through optical cable how can i connect since stb has rca connector and other side has optical input, please help and thank you in advance

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back