Vinyl I am listening to...

Lata Mangeshkar Live at Royal Albert hall London
its a two LP set with lots of hit songs. Recording is very good.

Lata Mangeshkar Live at Royal Albert hall London
its a two LP set with lots of hit songs. Recording is very good.

I just got that LP last month. It sounds brilliant and Polydor did an excellent job with its production qualities. Lata's young voice is just too sweet when she speaks. The true nightingale of India.

>> Kraftwerk "The Man Machine"
>> The best of ABBA

Hai Studiomaster,

Both are my fav too. In fact my Best of ABBA-I LP is missing as it got mixed up with my friend's LPs while I returned them to him. Hence am hunting for another copy, hope I may find it at Chennai Moore Market.

Thanks,

N Murali

Yesterday, I went for dinner with my wife at BJ's Chicago Style Pizza in Laguna Beach.

462208707_76bd4ca19f.jpg

However, right before dinner we sneaked into a record store and we bought this Black Crowes Warpaint Picture Disc. There is a picture on both sides of the record and you PLAY the record like that. It looks pretty cool turning round and round:

Black-Crowes-Warpaint-428261.jpg

428261b.jpg

Congrats on your cool find.

Just a note to say - and you may know this already - that picture disks are not really meant to be played, as the manufacturing process makes them deteriorate severely in sound quality after two or three playings.

rgds

Hi Murali, i saw 2 copies of Best of ABBA LP @ Balaji in Bengaluru last sunday.
Please check the attached picture, are you looking for this LP?

Regards,
Anil

Hai Studiomaster,

Both are my fav too. In fact my Best of ABBA-I LP is missing as it got mixed up with my friend's LPs while I returned them to him. Hence am hunting for another copy, hope I may find it at Chennai Moore Market.

Thanks,

N Murali

Attachments

• Abba.jpg
    Abba.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 284
Hi Murali, i saw 2 copies of Best of ABBA LP @ Balaji in Bengaluru last sunday.
Please check the attached picture, are you looking for this LP?

Regards,
Anil

Hai Anil,

Exactly the same, I missed this LP when I had returned my friends, got mixed up in that. I have seen a couple of the same album at Chennai Moore Market. But I only wish that it must be of the same condition (near mint), which I had missed.

Thanks,

N Murali.

I shall PM you on this

Regards,
Anil

Hai Anil,

Exactly the same, I missed this LP when I had returned my friends, got mixed up in that. I have seen a couple of the same album at Chennai Moore Market. But I only wish that it must be of the same condition (near mint), which I had missed.

Thanks,

N Murali.

I have this Abba album.Very nice songs. It looks ok without any scratches but having lots of pops and crackles. It seems it needs another wet cleaning.

Last edited:
mc2.jpg

E=mc2 'Giorgio Moroder" 1979
I have both Vinyl & CD, Vinyl sounds better than CD

Last edited:
mc2.jpg

E=mc2 'Giorgio Moroder" 1979
I have both Vinyl & CD, Vinyl sounds better than CD

Hai Anil kumar,

Giorgio Moroder is my fav too. His "Here to Eternity" is way ahead of the times. Nice Rhythm, and good use of Keyboards and backup vocals. Pl also listen to his "Day Knights in white satin". I am hunting for his "Midnight Express" and "Cat People" LPs. Both are OST from the Movies of the same name. I have seen the movie Cat People - very engrosssing Background score by Giorgio Moroder.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Today being bandh in Kolkata and everything closed down. I enjoyed these vinyls sitting at home.
l2065.jpg

abhimaan.jpg

Various_Artists-Main_Aur_Meri_Tanhai_2.jpg

TheCat.jpg

Piano-Man.jpg

Picked up two more records today as I went to a local audio dealer for some new belts for my turntable. Seems like the old belts had developed cracks which was not keeping the tension in the belts intact.

Peter Gabriel Pasison on Classic Records 200g 2LP
GabrielPeter_Passion_200g_1.jpg

Nusrat is absolutely STUNNING on the "Passion" cut.

Also picked up Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 180g LP (Haven't heard it yet as of this post)

Wilco_YankeeHotelFoxtrot_withCD_1.jpg

Also, on a side note, you guys should try and pick up the heavier 180g or 200g LPs if you buy new ones. They sound leagues beyond any CD, SACD, DVD-A discs I have heard. Seriously, I absolutely LOVE vinyl! The sound is so unpredictable, almost like real life.

Last edited:
on a side note, you guys should try and pick up the heavier 180g or 200g LPs if you buy new ones. They sound leagues beyond any CD, SACD, DVD-A discs I have heard.
also light weight vinyls tend to warp easily heavy records are durable. I have around 700 to 800 records kept parpendicularly straight. Old Saigal, Rafi, Lata, Mukesh vinyl used to come in heavy format. with thick paper album cover (Album cover artists name used to be printed on backside) nowadays no one cares. Myriad's Abhimaan LP is good example
Seriously, I absolutely LOVE vinyl! The sound is so unpredictable, almost like real life.
Welcome to the vinyl world. This is one hobby which has everything, music (ofcourse), science of sound reproduction, Analogue sound, Album cover art, nostalgia, and that vinyl sound. I listen to them on old pioneer three in one system which my granddad brought from Muscat. it is 20 to 25 years old still original belts and most importantly sweet sound.
Regards
Hiten

Last edited:
my favourite ventures album is music music. co-incidentally was listening to it last night with all lights off and only SET amp and phonostage tubes glowing :licklips:

hey - where r u picking these up from?

Picked up two more records today as I went to a local audio dealer for some new belts for my turntable. Seems like the old belts had developed cracks which was not keeping the tension in the belts intact.

Peter Gabriel Pasison on Classic Records 200g 2LP
GabrielPeter_Passion_200g_1.jpg

Nusrat is absolutely STUNNING on the "Passion" cut.

Also picked up Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 180g LP (Haven't heard it yet as of this post)

Wilco_YankeeHotelFoxtrot_withCD_1.jpg

Also, on a side note, you guys should try and pick up the heavier 180g or 200g LPs if you buy new ones. They sound leagues beyond any CD, SACD, DVD-A discs I have heard. Seriously, I absolutely LOVE vinyl! The sound is so unpredictable, almost like real life.

Hi all
Golden Greats by "Ventures" is my favourite too. Walk Dont run, Telstar, Pipeline, wipeout, the lonely bull are superb.

my favourite ventures album is music music. co-incidentally was listening to it last night with all lights off and only SET amp and phonostage tubes glowing
Must be lovely ambience stevieboy.

Some vinyl albums are so good once you put needle on it you can easily listen to them for half an hour without need to change track.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back