Vinyl I am listening to...

Listening to Slim Ali's LPs today.

Regards

XS9GVys.jpg

nPAXub7.jpg

Today is the festival of Nuakhai which is huge for people from western part of Odisha. On this day the new kharif crop is cooked, offerings made, blessings sought and everything is rounded up with merriment to the traditional drum beats.

And nothing is better than doing it with Rangabati go Rangabati. This is an iconic song; and one which recently survived mauling by Sona Mahpatra and her team in Coke Studio Season 4.

20160906_215803_zpsiesyvpne.jpg

Its a simple song with a strong beat.
Youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75GqJMhB-e8

Last edited:
Aap Ki Kasam LP with Red Dog inner label, Electronically Reprocessed Stereo. Songs are great

Aap Ki Kasam LP_Front by Sourav Das, on Flickr

Aap Ki Kasam EP - Mono sound

Aap Ki Kasam EP_Front by Sourav Das, on Flickr

Aap KI Kasam SPs - All mono sound

Aap Ki Kasam SP_45N14061_2 by Sourav Das, on Flickr

Aap Ki Kasam SP_45N14061_1 by Sourav Das, on Flickr

Aap Ki Kasam SP_45N14062_1 by Sourav Das, on Flickr

Aap Ki Kasam SP_45N14062_2 by Sourav Das, on Flickr

Aap Ki Kasam SP_45N14063_1 by Sourav Das, on Flickr

Aap Ki Kasam SP_45N14063_2 by Sourav Das, on Flickr

The EP is mono, right? Excellent songs. SD Burman's seventies' output was as great as his output from the sixties. I love the music of Sharmilee, Prem Nagar, Us Paar, Phagun. Arjun Pandit (sadly no audio release), Barood, Naya Zamana, Jugnu, and of course the Dev Anand films.

What a great music by S.D.Burman. All songs are real gem. Although ERS killed the quality

LP

Premnagar_LP_Front by Sourav Das, on Flickr

EP

Prem Nagar EP by Sourav Das, on Flickr

The EP is mono, right? Excellent songs. SD Burman's seventies' output was as great as his output from the sixties. I love the music of Sharmilee, Prem Nagar, Us Paar, Phagun. Arjun Pandit (sadly no audio release), Barood, Naya Zamana, Jugnu, and of course the Dev Anand films.

Yes the EP is mono. All S.D.Burman songs are just excellent.

Yes, EPs that accommodated two songs on one side meant only three minutes per song. The LP version of the same song might well be much longer. So, we had trimmed versions in EPs. However, if you have an EP with only one song on a side, that could be the complete version.

In a few cases, EPs contained extra stanzas of songs, which were not included in the LP records. So, you always have a chance of getting pleasantly surprised when you play an EP record.

Listening to Led Zep and Bob Marley

Attachments

• IMG_20161004_205023.jpg
    IMG_20161004_205023.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20161004_205009.jpg
    IMG_20161004_205009.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 165
Now listening... Richard Marx's "Repeat Offender". A 'not for sale' promo copy of 1989 UK pressing.

This is Richard Marx's second studio album released in 1989. The track "Right Here Waiting" is my favorite in this album.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back