Vinyl I am listening to...

Listening to 'LOCAL HERO' music by Mark Knopfler's LP.
Very good album.

Here is YouTube video of 'Wild Theme' song.

411KWLf.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6pR1cVgk7Is

Regards,
shafic

Last edited:
Great album which I have on CD, how's the vinyl experience?

This is the Legacy reissue that came out last year. It's a very quiet pressing. I haven't listened to the original/early pressings but this reissue sounds really nice. Very lush and those ride cymbals sound delicious! :licklips: Highly recommended!

This is the Legacy reissue that came out last year. It's a very quiet pressing. I haven't listened to the original/early pressings but this reissue sounds really nice. Very lush and those ride cymbals sound delicious! :licklips: Highly recommended!
Thanks mate.

Sent from my Micromax A350 using Tapatalk

Listening to original version of the Jesus life story song in Tamil 'thattungal thirakkapadum'. Inspired from my school days for it's deep n emotional voice. Singer 'tape radhamanickam'. Wonderful song. Whenever I hear this lovely song I remember my school days and friends. Presenting my YouTube video as a friendship message to all FM friends.

Happy friendship day!!

Regards,
Shafic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=hRFXAWUNkow

lC885qk.jpg

Last edited:
Very true Shafic. A church near my house used to play 'thattungal thirakkapadum' every day around 5:00 PM. Tape radhamanickam's voice is so familiar and catchy for devotional songs.
Regards,
Anil

Listening to original version of the Jesus life story song in Tamil 'thattungal thirakkapadum'. Inspired from my school days for it's deep n emotional voice. Singer 'tape radhamanickam'. Wonderful song. Whenever I hear this lovely song I remember my school days and friends. Presenting my YouTube video as a friendship message to all FM friends.

Happy friendship day!!

Regards,
Shafic

John Coltrane - Ascension (Edition I)

An extremely challenging listen..even by Coltrane's standards. It's very abrasive and dissonant. But I just love the overall feel..Very meditative!

2v959av.jpg

Charlie Haden - Liberation Music Orchestra

I've been getting into some experimental jazz of late. Another classic album from Impulse! records.

rjeico.jpg

Now listening,

1. Ponnu Oorukku Pudusu. 45GELP2017 Columbia Records, 1979 pressing. Warm sounding 45RPM LP. Music Ilaiyaraja. The romantic song "Oorampo Rukumani Vandi varudhu" was very famous in those days. The song "Cholaikkuyile" is my favorite from the film.

2. Bhuvana Oru Kelvikkuri. SEDE11244 Columbia EP. Music Ilaiyaraja. The song "Raja Enbar" is an evergreen one.

Now listening,

2. Bhuvana Oru Kelvikkuri. SEDE11244 Columbia EP. Music Ilaiyaraja. The song "Raja Enbar" is an evergreen one.

The great late Panchu Arunachalam's take on Great Maharishi's story -Bhuvana Oru Kelvi Kuri, a trend setting film. Illayaraja found one more change to pay his debt to Panchu Arunachalam with beautiful ever green songs
"Vizhiyilae Malarnthathu" by S.P.B and "Poo Thendrale" by Jayachandran+VaniJ are my favorites.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back