Vinyl I am listening to...

My copy, purchased new by my father in those times, has loads of distortion in the pressing. one of the poorer bollywood pressings, in my opinion. If played on a rig with accentuated mid range frequency response, the distortion can be masked to some extent but the recording sounds like its coming out of a compression device used in AM radio :)
Yes. It is a poorly mastered. Distortion and noise especially songs with lots of instruments and chorus. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes. It is a poorly mastered. Distortion and noise especially songs with lots of instruments and chorus. Thanks for the confirmation.
I must also mention that my father actually took the original copy to the shop and got it exchanged, however the replacement also had the same problem and he left it at that. I guess that whole batch may have had the same issue. If I remember correctly, this was sometime around early 1982 so the movie may have been a year old by then. In those times, Hindi and English movies came to Trivandrum after runs in bigger cities and hence the delay. I recall Dad checking out the movies running at Kochi (Ernakulam in those times) as they would ultimately arrive in Trivandrum from there. Hence typically soundtrack LPs would also arrive around the time, the movies were released locally.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back