Vinyl I am listening to...

mahiruha

Hello all Vinyl Lovers,
already we have talked a lot regarding equipment and vinyl bathing rituals. The intention of this thread is to share the information regarding varios vinyls we are listening.Hope you will all make a significant contribution for us to know what is available and what is good.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

p.s If somebody can explain how to upload the cover art that will be really helpful.

Thanks,
Mahiruha.

hi mahiruha,

there is a thread called 'what i'm listening to now'. i guess people there are posting on what they're listening to. if you want to discuss only vinyl, well over the weekend, on sunday i cleaned & listened to dire straits brothers in arms, andre segovia mexicana, foreigner best of, bangles best of, deep purple fireball and burn, doors best of, eagles hotel california and one more i forget. the one lesson i keep getting reminded of is you can never tell just by looking what is a good lp and a bad one. one i listened to skips even though it looks perfect.

regards

Hello Steevieboy,
The main intention is to discuss only vinyls here. The reason is to know what good music is available on vinyl and also to know which pressing or which company provide most satisfactory recording.
The ones you have mentioned are quite new to me. I am not atall into rock music so its a good opportunity to educate myself. Last weekend I purchased couple of records and had a wonderful listening experience over the weekend
Deutsche Gramaphone : Richard Strauss, Berliner Philharmoniker
Deutsche Gramaphone : Beethoven, Wilhelm Kempff Piano
Impovisations West meets East Album 3. Amazing album planning to get volume 1 and 2 as well. Yehudi Menuhin, Ravi Shankar
Frank Sinatra Come fly with me
Elvis a Legendary Performer
Sitar Maestro ustaad Vilayat Khan.
I fully agrre with you that the appearance of a vinyl can be deceptive as with this Vilayat Khan it looks perfect no scrath very good recording but it has some manufacturing defect and the stylus keeps on bumping .Have to change it.
I am interested in the Hotel california vinyl.How is the recording???
Thnaks,
Mahiruha.

Please upload the image using the insert image option...:)

Hello Studiomaster,
thanks for your suggestion. If wedo it that way then we will be bound by the allowable space limit. I need to find some other method to do it.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

hi mahiruha,

the eagles i have a new york pressing and an indian one. the foreign one seems a little shrill. the indian one a little better. the foreign one skips in some places. will listen properly and let you know. i compared the doors best of to the re-issue box and man what a difference! bernie grundman is a vinyl genius!!! the re-issue has a lot of bass missing due to the half speed mastering but it sounds fantastic compared to a regular recording. i have the yehudi menhuin and ravi shankar one but have to clean and then only i can listen to it. classical stuff is generally in better condition i've found. cleaner and doesnt need too much wet cleaning.

wet clean your bumpy recording if you havent or clean play and clean again and see. sometimes two cleanings are required. see where the bumps are and see if you can scratch some debris off with your fingernail gently. happens sometimes with me too.

regards

mahiruha,

the eagles is an indian one only. gramaphone company of india. the new york is asylum records hence i got mislead with a casual glance.

Hello Stevieboy,
I will try and get the indian pressing eagles. As per your suggestion I have given the Vilayet Khan LP a second wet wash but stills has the same problem.so has to be replaced.Hoping to get some more albums this week.I am just loving this entire experience.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Hai all,

I am listening to "Spirits having flown" by The Beegees.

"Tragedy" is the pick of this Vinyl.

N Murali

Hello,
at last finished my latest round of vinyl cleaning. I was lsitening to

Very best of Nat King cole : It has the song monalisa and some other beautiful songs. Actually few months ago I bought this BBC documentery DVD on Michelangelo and Davinci. The Davinci dvd has a chapter on monalisa where this particular song was played. Loved the song didn't know it was Nat singing.Amazing song.

Harry Belafonte Pure gold: amazing reocrd. just loved all the songs. Have to get more from these guys.

Thanks.

mahiruha,

get the foreign pressing of the eagles if you can. the indian one is bad. i dug out the foreign one will clean it and compare in couple of days but what i heard uncleaned was better much better so cleaned ought to be even better!

regards

Just picked these up. They sound unlike any of the older Metallica issues. They sound amazing and MEANT to be cranked up through the stereo. Both are 45 rpm 180g 2 lp Sets:

Metallica-Ride-The-Lightnin-436367.jpg

Metallica-Master-Of-Puppets-439133.jpg

:yahoo:

Just general observations:

- Guitars have fantastic weight and heft to them. They have nice bite and extremely high resolution

- Voices are clear and succinct. Places nicely and extremely clearly in the middle have it's own perfect place.

- Drums have perfect oomph with amazing speed and pace.

I just realized again....these guys were symphonic geniuses. The guitar riffs are outta this world!

Really?

How is that possible. I started on hard rock and heavy metal when I was growing up in Delhi. It was very easily available on "Thompson" Cassettes at that time for good sound quality.

Though, I'm listening to much less Rock/Metal and more Jazz, acoustic, Blues and vocal material now, I still have a soft spot for vinyl.

Anyhow, if you want these albums, let me know and I can help you. If you really want them, I'll mail them to you if you wanna buy them. Just MSG me.

The albums are $30 each for a 2 LP set if anyone cares. They are only limited runs and once they are out, thats it. Mastered from the original Master Tapes by Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs (MoFi). Worth every penny and will most likely increase in price as a collectors item once they run out.

Really?

How is that possible. I started on hard rock and heavy metal when I was growing up in Delhi. It was very easily available on "Thompson" Cassettes at that time for good sound quality.

Though, I'm listening to much less Rock/Metal and more Jazz, acoustic, Blues and vocal material now, I still have a soft spot for vinyl.

Anyhow, if you want these albums, let me know and I can help you. If you really want them, I'll mail them to you if you wanna buy them. Just MSG me.

The albums are $30 each for a 2 LP set if anyone cares. They are only limited runs and once they are out, thats it. Mastered from the original Master Tapes by Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs (MoFi). Worth every penny and will most likely increase in price as a collectors item once they run out.

Buddy Im talking about Rock VINYL's that too in used market.
On CD's and in the past Tapes were freely available.....:licklips:

Tapes arrived on scene and started killing vinyls approx 30 years back and 25 years back vinyl market in india startrd bleeding IMHO....so music past 1985 is difficult to get and rock has niche following ...so whatever available is in "SAFE HAND OF COLLECTORs"

Anyway thanks for pricing info...

No probs...

Turns out there was an pressing issue with the Ride the Lightening disc 1. Fight fire with Fire was distorting which was a production issue. Returned the LP to the shop and came home with:

BGLPLZ01.JPG

Led Zeppelin - Mothership - 4lp box set. 180g Heavy vinyl.

It sounds fantastic! Totally worth getting for the Led Zeppelin fan.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back