Volumio 3 - Now with Youtube Plugin

ilar

Hello All,

This morning i received an email stating that Volumio 3 has officially been released. Tu my surprise, in addition to the increase in audio quality, i also see that there is a an exclusive plugin for Youtube which i feel is a big deal. Just wanted to share it here in the forum, as i found it useful.

Thanks and have fun!

PS: Would love to hear from the fellow members.

Hello All,

This morning i received an email stating that Volumio 3 has officially been released. Tu my surprise, in addition to the increase in audio quality, i also see that there is a an exclusive plugin for Youtube which i feel is a big deal. Just wanted to share it here in the forum, as i found it useful.

Thanks and have fun!

YouTube plugin was available earlier also and it was stopped recently I think.

Anyways enjoy ur setup.

Hello All,

Thanks and have fun!

is it working out of box or has to be enabled?

Any idea how to stream from Apple Music on Android Phone to Volumio? Any plugin for that available?
Apple music from iphone supports streaming to Volumio using airplay but not from android device.

Thanks to the OP for this tip. I've moved to Moode a while back. IIRC Volumio had a Qobuz connect plugin. Has anyone had any luck with this in Volumio 3?

Yes, I am streaming Qobuz through native plugin. But not the Qobuz app itself as i am not able to instal it in my mobile phone.

I installed YouTube cast receiver plugin and I can successfully cast audio to my volumio server (raspberry pi)
When I access the volumio server via browser, I just see thumbnail of the video playing (but not the video itself)
Is that normal?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back