Wanna buy an entry level AVR

johnsonandjohnson

Hi Guys...
Can any one help me with suggestions on an entry level AVR ?

Here is my setup...
Room size : 15' X 14' X 8.5'
TV : 32" LG FULL HD LED ( 32LE5500)
DTH : Airtel HD DVR
HT/DVD Player : LG HT302SD (An old basic model)
Speakers : Wanna re-use my HT's 4 ohm speakers with AVR for the time being.
Speaker setup : 5.1 only now. (Upgrading to 7.1 not in near future. Also room size and layout are not adequate for that I guess)
Usage : 25% Music, 25% SD Movies, 50% HD Movies.
Budget : Around Rs.25K

I do have very less knowledge on this things and obeviously a biginner.
So.. appreciate suggestions from you expert folks.

Thanks,
Johnson

For 25K you can buy Onkyo 3400. It contains an AVR and speakers. If you want only an entry level avr then look for onkyo 308, denon 1311, yamaha 367 etc. These will be available for around 20K. You could also participate in a group buy offer for yamaha 667 which is an advanced avr. For this send a pm to denom.

Edit - most avrs don't support 4 ohm speakers. So it is better for you to buy onkyo 3400.

Last edited:
I don't know about the pricing, but if you can swing by and get Onkyo 609, then you would get some more features. More importantly, you would get capability to go 7.1 in future, Room correction (although entry level), QDeo Video upconversion and processing that would be better than your TV. The Onkyo 308 is a good choice, but if there is not much price difference, then you would get better amp section in 609 compared to 308. Anyways, listen and find out. 609 is also considered entry level, like 308. So I guess there won't be much difference in audio quality. Try listening to both and see which one you would like.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back