Want to buy/ build Home Theatre System under INR 30k

yroopaw

I plan to build / buy a Home Theatre System under INR 30K. I have short listed following options:

1) Onkyo 3200 HTiB - approx INR 25K
2) Denon DHT-390 - approx INR 30K
3) Harman Kardon AVR 133 / JBL SCS140 - cost ??

can anyone give feedback / recomendation on above or alternatives

I would prefer to buy a AVR and seperate speakers,any suggested recomendations. PRefer AVR with HDMI and Dolby TrueHD. Any recomendations.

Thanks

Yusuf

Buddy

My suggestion, to you will be the same, i say to everyone, with starting budget...

Its better to upgrade your system slowly, then to buy any so called HTiBs...

Get your hands on a Basic 5.1 amp, say Denon or Yamaha, then get a pair of Bookshelves and limited speaker cables...
Ones you have more money to spend, upgrade your complete system to 5.1...

So atleast there will be justice to your investment...

I plan to build / buy a Home Theatre System under INR 30K. I have short listed following options:

Any recomendations.

Thanks

Yusuf

Hi,
In case you also intend to use this HTIB for stereo music, please note that at 30k level, the HTIB's from most comapnies are not good for music (even entry level audiophile performance... except IMHO, the Philips 3571)

However if the HTIB would be used max 20% of time for music, then you don't need to worry about this compromise.

Regds,

Thanks

Can you recomend some good budget Denon / yamaha amp and matching speakers.

Also woudl you know how much would a Denon AVR-590 cost

Thanks again

Denon AVR 1509.. is out of market... No Dealer has it...
maybe you can get it in grey... but will not suggest...

Yes, but there are many you can find, who can give there 1509 used on demo for a athrow away price...
thats worth a try...

Regarding speakers..

Look in for Polk TSi 50, its priced at Rs.20K MRP, Floorstanding speakers..

else there are many bookshelves from
Q Acoustics
Polk Audio
Wharfedale
Mordaunt Short
others, to choose from just audition them... and then decide on it...

Hi

HTML:

1) Onkyo 3200 HTiB - approx INR 25K
2) Denon DHT-390 - approx INR 30K
3) Harman Kardon AVR 133 / JBL SCS140 - cost ??

During the 1st week of Jan Relience Digital offered Denon DHT-390 + Oppo 202 HDMI player for 30k, I auditioned the set and it was really good for Movies as well as Music i dont know whether offer is still there anyhow you can try.

Regards

sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back