Wanted turntable for home audition in Delhi

heliumflight

Hi,

After reading so many reviews about the involvement of records, I'm planning to buy a turntable provided I can experience the same difference as I experienced switching from SS to tubes. Just like I had the flexibility of trying out the tubes before I commited to the purchase. Similarly invitation and suggestions required from the fellow members/ dealers specially from around Delhi from whom I could borrow their turntable for the above testing.

I would be much obliged.

Kindest regards,
--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Last edited:
Hi,

After reading so many reviews about the involvement of records, I'm planning to buy a turntable provided I can experience the same difference as I experienced switching from SS to tubes. Just like I had the flexibility of trying out the tubes before I commited to the purchase. Similarly invitation and suggestions required from the fellow members/ dealers specially from around Delhi from whom I could borrow their turntable for the above testing.

I would be much obliged.

Kindest regards,
--
helium

What about sourccing records? To be honest rock records are too expensive and almost unavailable in India - Esp artists like Pink Floyd,Def Leppard or U2 ETC...So what is your plan?

What about sourccing records? To be honest rock records are too expensive and almost unavailable in India - Esp artists like Pink Floyd,Def Leppard or U2 ETC...So what is your plan?

There are dealers who offer Pink Floyd for RS 500- 700. So I think will concentrate on just 2-3 artists. Most imp if I find the vinyl sound as enriching as the tube experience and wholelot different from CD's, then only will i jump into this league.

But thanks for highlighting the concern!

--
helium

Last edited:
Hello Helium,
do you have phono pre amp?That plays a very important role in the vinyl experience specially the ones made by Lyrita. It would be a better idea to incorporate that in the chain to test vinyl experience.
Thanks.

Sumanth,

Get the Lyrita Phonostage as well to match up with the rest of your system. Vinyl and tubes is probably the most musical and engaging experience one can experience in life. You are completely on the right track...

Maybe Viren can let you borrow a phonostage before you commit to vinyl. :)

Mahiruha

Shazaida

Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement that I'm going on the right track!

I expressed my desire to listen to Vinyl to Viren. So he invited me to listen next week once he has it setup for me. I intend to go totally unbiased without any inhibitions, preconceived notions, review of sound signatures and recommendations from friends. Will listen and see if there is substantial level of difference (just as I experienced from SS to tubes), then only will I enter into this expensive hobby. Otherwise I'm already in heaven.:eek:hyeah:

--
helium

Sumant, reading your thread and lot of people's opinion, vinylworld seems to be ultimate nirvana. But, availability of records may be a problem. You have mentioned about some source to get records @<1k. If you find ample driving force after your listening at Viren's place, my inclination to vinylworld will be strengthened further.
Happy listening.

Sumant, reading your thread and lot of people's opinion, vinylworld seems to be ultimate nirvana. But, availability of records may be a problem. You have mentioned about some source to get records @<1k. If you find ample driving force after your listening at Viren's place, my inclination to vinylworld will be strengthened further.
Happy listening.

Amitnoida actually it is the other way around.

It is actually one's own listening abilities to arrive at a conclusion that will give you immense pleasure and is true test of strength. This is what I intend to do.

Rest, all this while you were taking shortcuts and when this is done you are in constant pursuit of upgrade.

Folks need some clarification

what are the benefit of a USB turntable over the conventional ones specially when records are rare and expensive. Will they give the same sonic signature as a tt?

Folks need some clarification

what are the benefit of a USB turntable over the conventional ones specially when records are rare and expensive. Will they give the same sonic signature as a tt?

No experience with TT's but i think the USB TT helps you rip the vinyl to your computer.
Shaizada is the right person to give you all details

Amitnoida actually it is the other way around.

It is actually one's own listening abilities to arrive at a conclusion that will give you immense pleasure and is true test of strength. This is what I intend to do.

Rest, all this while you were taking shortcuts and when this is done you are in constant pursuit of upgrade.

So far I have listened to Flac file playing in my Altec Lansing PC speaker. I am not dissatisfied. I could have gone for active speakers like audioengine. But somehow I believed that 2.0 audio setup with ampli + speaker will give better result. So I have purchased BE-718 and Leben cs300xs. The setup is yet to be fully received. Now journey to vinylworld has just got seeded in my mind. I love variety. But No haste. I can wait.

AMITNOIDA

Congratulation on accquring your new gear. Once set please do invite me. Actually I could help by not being invited, so excuse me for my ways.

Is the Leben push pull or SET?

hi helium flight,

congrats on exploring vinyl, viren's audition should give you a good idea considering you're familiar with the amp and speakers. dont know if anyone will give you a home audition. carting turntables around is pretty dicey :) do let us know how it goes and what your impressions are!

regards

Yes Steven this is exactly why I posted this thread cause I don't won't to spent money and find out that it doesn't suit my home listening conditions.

helium flight, so did you go over to viren's to listen? waiting to hear your impressions of vinyl!

regards

VISIT ebay.in AND SEARCH TURNTABLE. AS ON TODAY THERE ARE 6 UNITS RANGING FROM 18 T TO 42 T. SELLER IS FROM DELHI ONLY.

helium flight, so did you go over to viren's to listen? waiting to hear your impressions of vinyl!

regards

Not yet...I know I've heard this before nothing like vinyl sound especially with tube amps but I'm really controlling this urge cause if I hear it and like it and find there is that much difference as in from SS to Tube then that would mean a big hole in my pocket.:sad:

Delhi opp Red fort. This fellow has quite a collection of turntables ranging from Technics to Garrad's. He stocks his Lp's in a godown with prices start@100/p.r

So must be old records. Still 500 Rs is still is good price if you get Pink Floyd,Def Leppard,Metallica etc.Will you please check if happened to be in the area...

PS - Be careful and don't be emotional -one of a gentelman I knew told me that he was offered Beatles record for 4000 Rs !!!!!!!!!!! My course that guy was in his senses and did not even try to bargain. Anyway in Mumbai Beatles records are almost impossible to source!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back