Weird Dilemma Logitech Z623/ ALTEC L MX6021 vs Sony DAV-TZ210

k2max6

Hey,
I was looking to add some decent speakers for my LCD TV.
I've read a lot of threads and on the basis i shortlisted the following-
Logitech Z623
Altec Lansing MX6021
AudioEngine A2 (I don't know if it would match the others,since it doesn't have the sub & where can get in Delhi ?)
Any other suggestions are welcome.

Then i came across a deal - Sony DAV-TZ210 5.1 Home Theatre System.One of my friends have it spare and is kept unopened.Although i am not to keen on buying a 5.1 due to wiring hassels in my bedroom.But just a thought would it be better to buy this when compared to the above 2.1's.

I would be using it mainly for Movies, & somewhat for DTH viewing.
Equipment i'll connect - LG BD550 (I generally watch brrips stored in HDD ) & Airtel HD STB.
Now since none of them have optical inputs to transfer dts/dolby sound i guess this point wont come into equation.All of the shortlisted have stereo sound.

Please help me ! What do you all suggest

Tell us your

budget:
your real budget:
The budget you dont want to spend!:
room size:
number of hours spent listening to music:
number of hours spent watching movies:

budget:
your real budget: 7k
The budget you dont want to spend!: Over 10k although z906 looks mouthwatering.
room size: 17 X 11 - TV is on the wall measuring 17 ft.
number of hours spent listening to music: 10 minutes max daily average
number of hours spent watching movies: 3-5 movies in a week

Is z906 better than onkyo HTS-3300 ?
Basically i dont want to go in for a 5.1 because i dont want wiring running around i my room visible.

Hey K2, can you show me some Pics? I'm also in a similar dilemma. Considering F&D A520 for now. How much did you buy it for and from where?

So, I got the MX6021 last year. Pretty satisfied with it.
Last month the aux port on the remote controller stopped working. I went to the service centre last week and they said nothing can be done as the model is now not available and neither do they have the controller in stock. I insisted that something has to be done, its in warranty. He simply kept on repeating, we can't do anything. I explained him the meaning of warranty. After shouting a bit they said we'll write a mail to there office in Mumbai and asked me to call today.

So I call them today and again the chap chap, we can't do anything. After heated arguments they have now asked me to deposit the entire set and are ready to give me a Logitech Z623 as a replacement.Since Rashi Peripherals is the service centre for both Altec as well as Logitech.So I now have the following options :
1.Get the Z623
2.The AUX port seems a bit loose. Open the controller myself and do a DIY.
3.Ask for a credit note and get the z906.

I think that I should go with option 1 or 3 because if in future if the controller goes kaput after the warranty the entire system would be rendered useless ?

Seems unlikely but by any chance can I claim a refund since the model I purchased is no longer available, are there chances that they would do a refund?

I had never thought Altec Lansing is so pathetic in customer service. Its not a 1000 bucks system that I continue to risk using it out of warranty and thow and buy again. :mad:

I need quick advice,the warranty ends next month and I have to take action in a day or two.

Last edited:
Getting a refund or credit note is the best option if you can get it. That way you can buy a new product and avail another year's warranty. you can also warn them of going to a consumer court if hey do not refund.

Next option is to get the Z623 as it was in your list. Do insist on complete warranty on this new product.

DIY is a bad idea. you can try going to a local av repair shop. but I wont suggest doing that since the product is under warranty.

Any idea if the warranty terms allow for a refund in such a situation where the product has been discontinued ?
Because forcing them to do so will only be a waste of time if no refund is in warranty terms ? I can fight them if I am sure how these situations are generally handled.

Moreover I have finalised to atleast deposit the MX6021 because I don't trust the product anymore, and if this cheap controller goes down , I loose all my money.
Also any idea how things are in consumer courts if eventually if I have to go there ?
I've told a number of companies this consumer court thing, at most a mere notice does the job but incase if one has to file a case how much resolution time is expected ?

Last edited:
There is a new way to settle such issues out of the court. it is known as mediation. you can submit your company there and they will call the company and someone would come and sit with you settle the case in front of the mediator.

1st of all you need to have everything in written. Send an email right away to the company stating your problem. Stating your model no. invoice no. purchase date, dealer, etc and any other thing such as your current complaint number and tell them you are not satisfied with the options they are giving and want a refund.

This will act as a proof that the product was under warranty when the problem occurred and the company is not able to rectify it and you are not satisfied with there recommendations. This will make your case strong when you go for mediating.

But I still think there no harm going for Z623 and avoid all the hassles.

Rest you decide. I support you. The mediation center in Delhi is at KG Marg.

^^ Thanks for the quick reply. I think i'll go with Z623 but I have another problem now!

I have read a lot of complaints against rashi peripherals , a number of which state that they deny replacement after accepting , on the grounds that the product was damaged even when it was not.
So can I make them sign something that states the product is in the required condition for accepting it as per warranty terms.

As of now I don't have any proof. I just visited the centre and they told me to call after a week ,I called them today, they told me that they will replace it with Z623.
I just want to be foolproof against them.
So should I visit and directly submit the entire unit or first write them a mail?
Also which email id should I mail them to . just in case.

I think you will be able to find their email on the net. Also CC the mail to Atlec's customer id stating all details your case and what the dealer has offered.

At the end mention that you are going to take the defective piece and get it replaced. Click some pics and attach them to the mail.

When you take the piece to the service center take a stamped and signed receipt stating that the product was received in good condition. And insist on immediate replacement on the same day.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back