Welcome to the new upgraded forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'New Posts" link shows up only after you login to your account. The Recent Posts only shows to unregistered or users not logged in. Once you login and view a post it will not list again when you click on the New Post link unless there is an update.

where is the control panel where I use to see all my registered/followed thread nicely laid out? I am greatly missing that view .. :( . Plus dark theme is more pleasing to eyes, if you know what I mean.

where is the control panel where I use to see all my registered/followed thread nicely laid out? I am greatly missing that view .. :( . Plus dark theme is more pleasing to eyes, if you know what I mean.

This is right below the header. See attached picture.

Attachments

• watched_threads.jpg
    watched_threads.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
The 'New Posts" link shows up only after you login to your account. The Recent Posts only shows to unregistered or users not logged in. Once you login and view a post it will not list again when you click on the New Post link unless there is an update.

Thanks @HiFiVision .. I think "recent posts" displays more posts to even registered forum members..

Below is an example.. These images were taken 2 hrs back..

yYuzAgh.jpg

Recent Posts -
LxbJ97y.jpg

From the above two images, "new posts" has not captured what "recent posts" has.. Also recent pots is not in latest first order.. Plz refer to the first two threads in the above "recent posts" image..

The below images were clicked after an hr or so..

NxGqO9h.jpg

Recent posts after 1 hr -
Wj76VRj.jpg

Again from the above images, "new posts" has not captured what "recent posts" has.. Also recent pots is not in latest first order.. Plz refer to the first two threads in the above "recent posts" image..

"New posts" when refrehsed even after an Hr, don't capture most updated threads..

Just my opinion - "recent posts" will help both registered & non-registered forum members to run thru the most recent threads & posts..

Hoping, action will be exercised..

I do not know if there was any problem with old one or not. Is it just a change for change? Previous one was more easy on eye. I have to explore once again for all the options. Not really enjoying.

Congratulations!!
Few things, This current blue should be replaced by the old one (Royal Blue).
The logo position/background needs to be fixed, it looks like forcefully placed from old website, logo image should be transparent so that it looks better on this new website.
Used fonts should be Sans-Serif like Verdana/Arial/Helvetica/Callibri.
I completely agree. I too think the typography needs changing. Please consider changing fonts used to sans-serif fonts. That said, Congratulations on the new forum software.

According to the forum knowledgebase:

The difference is that one lists all posts sorted by time (Recent Posts).

So when someone posted 1 second ago something, you will find in both lists this message as the newest one.
Once you have viewed this post, it will disappear from your New Posts list. It won't be anymore the newest in your list, it just won't be there.
But in your Recent Posts list it will stay.

Everytime I click on a post, a new page pop up ad window opens up. On iPad. Don’t use a laptop so no idea.

I am finding it a little hard to navigate

The old one was much easier - anytime you visit the website - you can see the chatter and IMO a forum is about the chatter.

That leads to more participation and more logins

Dear SuperMod - did we copy what PFM just did ??

regards

I am finding it a little hard to navigate

The old one was much easier - anytime you visit the website - you can see the chatter and IMO a forum is about the chatter.

That leads to more participation and more logins

Dear SuperMod - did we copy what PFM just did ??

regards
The previous version of the forum was using an outdated script. We had to upgrade. The home page is under development and should be up soon. Sorry did not get the part about PFM?. Can you please elaborate on that?

I do not know if there was any problem with old one or not. Is it just a change for change? Previous one was more easy on eye. I have to explore once again for all the options. Not really enjoying.
The change had to be done for technical reasons.

The previous version of the forum was using an outdated script. We had to upgrade. The home page is under development and should be up soon. Sorry did not get the part about PFM?. Can you please elaborate on that?

Dear Supermod

PFM = Pinkfishmedia.net

they changed their site which is exact replica of this or vice versa

Supermod - request you to please do improve the layout and colors and presentation

I do genuinely feel the earlier setup was better.

Maybe we can go back to the earlier setup but with the new script ??

Maybe - once the homepage comes up - it will help

There is always resistance to change but all change isnt good as well.

Its a thin line...

:))

regards

it is not as easy as tapatalk

True, given the population of android users here, wouldn't be surprised to see more active users on tapatalk..

tapatalk notifications were too good, easily accessible on the go..Considering some members don't have access to HFV in office, tapatalk is a great substitute..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back