Where do I get good amp boards in Chennai - Richie Street?

Non_Techie

Hello Every one...

Where do I get good amp boards in Chennai - Richie Street?

I need the amp to power..

2 Fronts - TMW
1 Center - MTM
2 Surrounds - TM
1 Sub - 1 12" sub

so please give me some details...goldy says..TROVIN any other suggestions...should be moderately priced.

(All the drivers i am are there on IWAI...website...IWAI :::::: unique solution for audio system ::::::)

Thanks,
Non_techie

Last edited by a moderator:
Non_techie ,

There is no 12" sub driver at the Iwai site. Can you provide more details on which 12" driver you have in mind?

Regards,
Goldy

yugaaa - thanks so much...will try and check out...

Goldy..i am waiting for your e-mail....please send it ....:)

and the 12" sub is from dainity...:)

Hi,
You can touch base with Linuxguru in this forum.
He has bare PCBs, standard kits and premium kits. The kits include the PCB and all the parts on the PCB, except: LM3886TF chipamp, and 2x large PSU capacitors.

The prices as quoted to me were:
1) Bare Version 1.3 PCB (last few left): Rs.400/- per monoblock.
2) Bare Version 1.4 PCB (current version): Rs.500/- per monoblock.
3) Standard kit: Rs.1.8k per monoblock, including PCB.
4) Premium kit: Rs.3.5k per monoblock, including PCB.

Cheers!

the 12" sub is from dainity...:)
Most local drivers (including Dainty) typically have a Qts hovering around 0.7 (at times its over 1.0) and have a low Xmax. (Lets not go to details as to why the qts is always high). The high Qts makes the driver unsuitable for any other alignment than open baffle or sealed. OB is unnecessarily complex for a newbie. Sealed is the only simple option. However, in sealed, its the low xmax that will result in more distortion (than better drivers). Sealed will also require a more powerful amplifier and power supply.

If I were you, I would opt for this driver IWAI :::::: unique solution for audio system ::::::. The low Qts and reasonably low Fs are very good for the intended sub usage. I would go for two drivers per cabinet. Its a very reasonable driver at the price that you mentioned in the other thread.

Regards,
Goldy

Hi,
You can touch base with Linuxguru in this forum.
He has bare PCBs, standard kits and premium kits. The kits include the PCB and all the parts on the PCB, except: LM3886TF chipamp, and 2x large PSU capacitors.

The prices as quoted to me were:
1) Bare Version 1.3 PCB (last few left): Rs.400/- per monoblock.
2) Bare Version 1.4 PCB (current version): Rs.500/- per monoblock.
3) Standard kit: Rs.1.8k per monoblock, including PCB.
4) Premium kit: Rs.3.5k per monoblock, including PCB.

Cheers!

Linuxguru posted on diyaudio that he is working on a
MiniRef stereo board based on LM1875s. That should be great for
a HT setup.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back