Which 3d Media player/streamer to buy

jestin

HI Guys need help from the experts here.
Think there are already a couple of threads related to this but being a total newbie in to this a lot of it seemed like greek to me so here i go.

I have the following config:
Panasonic 42" GT20D - With full HD and 3D
Reciever: Yamaha RX V430
Speakers:Bose : Acoustimass 5 speaker system
Bsnl - Wifi 512 net connection
Dell Laptop with dual core processor which i connect to my TV with the HDMI cable.

Starting with the basics which Media player/streamer should i buy for the above config so that I can play 3D movies along with the different file formats available.

I have short listed the Xtreamer prodigy black, Xtreamer sidewinder 3 and the HiMedia HD900b. Just wanted your opinions about them.

Further to this my reciever is an old one so does not have a HDMI port is there a convertor to do this and does it help. The RX-V430 has 4 video inputs and 1 video output. The RX-V430 has two audio-only inputs and one audio-only output. Including the audio portion of A/V source inputs, the receiver provides 1 optical and 1 coaxial digital input.

Cheers.

well, there are two methods in 3D
3D Bluray - This is full 1080p, frame packed 3D. They have a left frame at 1080p and add right frame as delta to it as second stream using MVC codec. The player reads both and sends as frame packed to the projector.
SBS/TnB - This is half resolution 3D. The left and right picture is put in a single 3D frame as either side by side or Top n bottom. The player sees it as a 1080p picture and sends as such. The display converts it to 3D. This is mostly in mkv formats.

For the second way, pretty much any media player can do it. But for the first option of Frame packed 3D bluray/ISO, only Realtek 1186 based players can do it. HiMedia 900 and Micca EP950 are some of the players that can do it.

Choose which format you are going to use and then decision should be easy.

thanks a ton manoj.
just wanted to know is there any difference in the picture quality in the 2 ways mentioned above.
I was thinking of HD900b or a Xtreamer Prodigy.

Himedia has better features and firmware upgrades. Of late xtreamer support is really really bad . Egreat R300 also can do most of what himedia can. But the start time is really slow. With realtek 1186 chipset based players you can always flash them with other branded firmwares and try out.

I read Sigma chipsets have better video processing capabilities over realteks.

The cost of media players is going up so much and adding hard disk to the players has become a costly affair, in which you can build a fusion based HTPC. (with little more money of-course) :).

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back