Which Acoustic Panels/Boards to install on false ceiling?

Mayank Shah

Hello, False ceiling work is underway in my living room and the frame work has been almost done. Though the living room is a largish rectangle, the listening area of the 2 ch setup is approximately 16 x 14. The listening couch being about 10 feet from the speakers. Normal POP (gypsum) boards would be fixed in most of the area, but I was wondering if there are any 6 x 4 or 8 x 4 Acoustic panels which can be fixed over the listening area. The air gap between the boards and the original ceiling is about 4 to 5 inches. I can install more cross channels to accommodate smaller sized acoustic Panels/boards as well.

I know that this is a very generalized question and a lot of other factors involved here, but any suggestions are welcome. I glanced at the Auralex Exchange Wood Weave, which seems to be very aesthetic as well. Thanks. Stay safe.

Last edited:
For me normal Armstrong ceiling tiles serves the purpose.. Check the site, they have specifically made for acoustic purpose too.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back