Which Budget Voltage Stabilizer / Regulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaSh

Hi,

With my very old vguard Stabilizer showing signs of ditching me, I need suggestions on what to replace it with? My entire setup would be run through it which majorly include the TV, a receiver, a htpc and PS3.

I don't want anything fancy, just a simple budget device that can keep a check on voltage fluctuations.

MaSh

Well Once when there was low voltage due to a powerline issue, it didn't power up my hifi system and for that I am grateful.

Well Once when there was low voltage due to a powerline issue, it didn't power up my hifi system and for that I am grateful.

Ahh Perfect. In that moment itself it paid for itself, in my view. Where did you buy it from?

MaSh

bought it on amazon. go for the one with the highest power/current rating. I went for the 6amp version

+1 for Digi 200.
I own Digi 200 3 nos which is great addition to my primary and secondary ht setup.
No issues so far.
btw i bought from snapdeal and paytm long time back which was great deal it costs me around 3.4 k.
stabilizer-v-guard Digi 200 - i don't know about the reliability of this website

how does one calculate how much load it can take? what'll happen if you connect more than the rated load? have a 55" tv + avr+ sub + dth + ps3 + (in future) ps4, will this model be enough?

do you need these stabilisers for cities like bombay? my local electrician was saying since mumbai has pretty stable power its not needed. want to protect from lighting more than anything else.

do you need these stabilisers for cities like bombay?

Well power cuts are not a frequent occurrence BUT the variance in the the power received varies from 225v to 255v

Some electronics can tolerate and some cannot, best that you get the stabilizer to take care of these fluctuations

I too have a Digi200 for the past 3 years. Once a electric main line snapped and 2 lines touched eachother resulting in 440v. My digi200 gave its life and saved my 55" Tv and my Marantz Av Receiver, and my PC SMPS gave its life and save my PC. However, My BD player, LCD monitor and active speakers were dead

Wow, looks like digi200 is the way to go. Thank you so much guys.

Now just wondering whether to get one for all the devices or get two and split up my devices over them. TV, STB, PS3 on one and receiver , computer and other small devices on another. Makes sense?

MaSh

The digi200 is 6amps if i remember correctly, so it can handle a load of 1200Watts max. So it is a wise idea to have 2 stabilisers.
I dont think the PC's CPU will need a stabiliser as the SMPS will take care of that task.
and for the record, My Digi200 is still working after i serviced it in a local shop

The digi200 is 6amps if i remember correctly, so it can handle a load of 1200Watts max. So it is a wise idea to have 2 stabilisers.
I dont think the PC's CPU will need a stabiliser as the SMPS will take care of that task.
and for the record, My Digi200 is still working after i serviced it in a local shop

Oh that's great to know. Although it must have been cruel to see the devices damaged. Were they not on the digi?

MaSh

Oh that's great to know. Although it must have been cruel to see the devices damaged. Were they not on the digi?

MaSh
yes, the deveces which were directed connectted to the power were damaged and the devices which were connected to the digi200 were perfectly unharmed.

Hi,

With my very old vguard Stabilizer showing signs of ditching me, I need suggestions on what to replace it with? My entire setup would be run through it which majorly include the TV, a receiver, a htpc and PS3.

I don't want anything fancy, just a simple budget device that can keep a check on voltage fluctuations.

MaSh
Vguard digi 200 should do well.

I use 2 x Crystal Plus. One of them is dedicated for my Denon Receiver, second one is connected to TV and Blu-Ray player.
STB is directly plugged in, it runs on a 12V adapter so at the max the adapter will need to be replaced in case of eventuality.

Anyone using a CVT? Is it a good alternative to a stabilizer?

MaSh

I'm using a 3kva vertex servo stabilizer in chennai in my HT room. In fact lots of us in Chennai use this product. Tried and tested and works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back