which HD DTH connection to subscribe to?

grv_aw

hi all

I was wondering which HD DTH service should i subscribe to given the fact that i am new to the DTH service concept as i a subscriber of my local cabel TV operator through a DEN digital STB installed on my LG CRT.i require this DTH service for my upcoming purchase of a 47-50 inch FHD LED TV,i am opening a new thread for this so that my fellow members and moderators may please guide us about the basics of DTH services and what all to look for, tariffs,quality etc.please people share your experiences for us newbies..thanks in advance.

PS- i reside in Lucknow,UP.

I use two Tata Sky HD connections at two locations in India (Sony & Samsung 55" TVs). This week I'll upgrade to HD at my parents once I buy a new Toshiba 39" Cricket series TV.

I'm happy with Tata Sky quality and service even tough it costs a bit more. Lucknow should be fine (less rains) compared to my state in South India, hence less signal problems in your case.

Installation is simple and Hardware is good (set top box). Adding channels, upgrading packages or recharge is very easy either by internet or mobile (Airtel money). You You can learn more by visiting their website.

Tip: to save some decent money, I opt for yearly renewal choice

tatasky does not have as many hd channels as others such as d2h. but their interface is extremely good and that does it for me. i havent experienced d2h, but airtel is a pain to navigate around

I would suggest d2h.. have been using HD since more than a year now and am pretty happy with the HD quality.

thanx for the reply akula2 and afj, your advice has kindof confirmed my preference for tatasky. it seems to me that basically there are two contenders for the HD DTH service each having their own pro's and con's. according to kvm vid D2H is better in terms of number of HD channels etc, i guess i should check the PQ of both these services and only then should arrive at a conclusion, what say guys?

by the way what is the average monthly cost for basic SD and HD pack on both these services?
help guys, plz keep pouring in your suggestions..

I have been using Tata Sky (and no other) since its introduction in Mumbai many years ago. Only during monsoon it gives problems - just like any other DTH service provider - but otherwise it is very stable with excellent picture and audio quality. I watch its HD prog on my 106" screen with a projector and the result is fantastic. As some FMs have mentioned earlier, it is costly but the service and picture quality is very good.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back