Which Media Player for 3D content for 15-25k ?

MumbaiProperties

Greetings from Mumbai
Just added the Sony 46HX850 3D TV to my setup alongwith the BDP-S490 DVD Player
This is hooked up to Denon AVR 1910 and Paradigm Cinema 90 Speaker setup

With a collection of 40+ BluRay DVD's, few 3D titles and 100's of CD's, I would like to now invest in a Media Player to get organized and enjoy playing all these collection I have

Dilemma is which Media Player which can handle 3D as i would want a lot of 3D content in times to come.
Following is my wish list from the Media Player :
1. Should handle 3D content and most other popular formats
2. Easy to use and navigate
3. Output content should be topnotch. And should handle upto 2TB or more storage
4. Hook up to my current system without any major upgrades
5. Some whistles and bells if i can increase my budget
6. Budget : 15-25K. Can stretch to max 30K if its damn good :)

Was browsing thru this forum and online and found the following models :
1. TViX 3D S2
2. Xtreamer Prodigy

Not sure if there are many other players in the market here

Need inputs on which player would be an ideal fit for me

Thanks in advance
Regards
Ram

1 option is to build a good htpc with xbmc... If not then as u have a lot of blurays in ur collection you should demo a dune b1 player... It's has a very good interface with a 3d region free bluray player built in..

Hi,
Himedia HD900B available at much lower price (around 12-14K) compared to your budget and suits your requirement. Featurewise, same features and chipset as that of prodigy (around 20K). Have been using it for more than a year now without any issues. Have installed a 3 tb internal HDD with custom firmware running YAMJ. Plays all formats without any issues including full hd 3d rips (all types, have tried even upto 50 gb) from hdd and over network too.
Regards,
Amit

If you can skip the internal storage part, try the Panasonic BDT220- it has successfully replaced by Asus O Play Air and my PS3. It reads most files through USB- FAT/ NTFS. Currently I have my 1 TB external HDD connected through the USB port. Its almost like having an excellent media player with a blu ray drive :)

Try the MED1000X3D, I recently got this and I am very happy with it. It meets all of your requirements.

I also had a Himedia 900b, though its based on same chipset as X3D, it's firmware development is dead and it was disappointing for me. Had streaming issues with 3d Isos, no proper jukebox etc.

I also looked Popcorn Hour A400 and Prodigy but both have plenty of problems so I finally settled on MED1000X3D.

If you can skip the internal storage part, try the Panasonic BDT220- it has successfully replaced by Asus O Play Air and my PS3. It reads most files through USB- FAT/ NTFS. Currently I have my 1 TB external HDD connected through the USB port. Its almost like having an excellent media player with a blu ray drive :)

Mate, I am also looking for an upgrade from my AC Ryan POHD as it does not support 3D ISOs, any experience so far for you from this player on th same.....

Did you buy the player locally or import it.....any leads would be welcome...

I got it from Amazon.com for $ 99. You can refer to the link on the BDT220 where people have reviewed the player. Locally its been out of stock for some time

Cheers

I have been using popcorn hour c200 I am extremely happy with the performance and connectivity. My choice would be PH C300 and if any one can bring it from US or Singapore it will be a good choice well with in your budget.

I have been using popcorn hour c200 I am extremely happy with the performance and connectivity. My choice would be PH C300 and if any one can bring it from US or Singapore it will be a good choice well with in your budget.

Thanks for all the inputs folks
I read some good review about the Popcorn players
The top end is A-400 and then there is A-300 and C-300
Any users here ?
Also was inclined to the TViX 3D S2
Anyone got it here and using it ?
User reviews would be helpful as i plan to buy this media player and not upgrade soon
Can even push budget to 35k for the best media player
More recommendations please

Greetings from Mumbai
Just added the Sony 46HX850 3D TV to my setup alongwith the BDP-S490 DVD Player
This is hooked up to Denon AVR 1910 and Paradigm Cinema 90 Speaker setup

With a collection of 40+ BluRay DVD's, few 3D titles and 100's of CD's, I would like to now invest in a Media Player to get organized and enjoy playing all these collection I have

Dilemma is which Media Player which can handle 3D as i would want a lot of 3D content in times to come.
Following is my wish list from the Media Player :
1. Should handle 3D content and most other popular formats
2. Easy to use and navigate
3. Output content should be topnotch. And should handle upto 2TB or more storage
4. Hook up to my current system without any major upgrades
5. Some whistles and bells if i can increase my budget
6. Budget : 15-25K. Can stretch to max 30K if its damn good :)

Was browsing thru this forum and online and found the following models :
1. TViX 3D S2
2. Xtreamer Prodigy

Not sure if there are many other players in the market here

Need inputs on which player would be an ideal fit for me

Thanks in advance
Regards
Ram
have u got tvix 3D s2

KDLinks 720 ... FTW!!!! ...:D

But I am an HTPC guy so ..... :)

Western digital wd tv live is a solid performer. I have been using this for last three years. It can handle 3d contents both anagliphic and side by side. Price within 6-8k.

Well not sure whether you've already made up your mind,But here's something which suits your requirements and some more !!!

MINIX-4K-TV-Player

Check it out and see.............

Minix Neo X8-H actually seems to be a greate player, infact seems to be the best Android Player currently available ...... with by far the best support for XBMC....

^^ Frame Sequential 3D I suppose, coz other formats are just plain files .... any player can play that

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back