• C2

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • G2

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A95K

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Rajpol

I have been using a Samsung LED that I had purchased more than 10 years ago in Thailand. Was on a backpacking trip and bought this 3D TV.
After all these years looking to buy an OLED although the TV is still fine.
Choices - C2,G2 and A95K.
Now I was almost sure about the G2 but there is a shortage in all of KA apparently and in Bangalore everyone is saying a month for new stock. Also pricing much higher.
Meanwhile also saw the A95K and was mighty impressed.
The C2 on the other hand will be pretty cheap.

So which one should it be? I do treat my electronic items with kids gloves and they tend to last long.

Sony has a noticible edge in 4k upscaling so if that's what you'll be needing more then Sony is the better choice but if the room is well lit up then the c2 or g2 are better without a doubt. Also to consider is the budget. I use a 65" c2 and pretty happy with it except in some hdr scenes somethings are lost in the DARK FOREVER 😜. I have my tv mounted inside a cavity in the wall hence it fits flush so incase the slim design of the G2 and slightly more brightness suits your taste or the sony's better upscaling is what you want, a C2 pretty much does the job without compromising the picture quality.
Voted for the c2

Thank you @vishalrao and @Phew for the responses. Not including the Sony A80K because it is actually quite expensive now even after all of the discounts and from the pecking order of things (based on a host of online reviews) the peking order seems to be A95k>G2>C2>A80K

I am leaning towards the Sony A95K now and checking how much of a discount I can snag

Is it with card discount or from Sony? I do not think anyone is offering at less than 2.9 in Bangalore. If you know a place let me know
I checked in Hyderabad, Bajaj Electrical. I was looking for some other models, they mentioned prices of other models, I vaguely remember this amount. Below 3L for sure.

Since you are based in Bangalore, check with 1st Block Jayanagar showroom. Not Vivek. The one right opposite Madhavan Park. Dont recall the shop name. It's been 11 years since. They do offer cut rate pricing.

Since you are based in Bangalore, check with 1st Block Jayanagar showroom. Not Vivek. The one right opposite Madhavan Park. Dont recall the shop name. It's been 11 years since. They do offer cut rate pricing.
I guess you are referring to Devi International?, I have very good experience with them. Bought my 55 inch LG back in 2016 from them and it was cheapest among all the showrooms, almost 50k difference it was. (Checked in online, croma, Pai )

Thank you @vishalrao and @Phew for the responses. Not including the Sony A80K because it is actually quite expensive now even after all of the discounts and from the pecking order of things (based on a host of online reviews) the peking order seems to be A95k>G2>C2>A80K

I am leaning towards the Sony A95K now and checking how much of a discount I can snag
I purchased Sony A80K 55 inch model in October 2022. I saw noticeable black bars on the screen in mid of the January 2023. Our usage is 6 to 8hrs a day and running completely with the apps. No HDMI, USB etc.. Sony service technicians visited and identified the issue. Though they are hesitated to tell but it's a burn in issue. It comes with a 3yrs comprehensive warranty and I waiting for the Sony's call for panel replacement. But we really disappointed with the quality and reliability of the product especially OLED TV's.

The probability of Burnin in OLED panels is very high. Even though I dared to buy the OLED TV because of Sony's reputation in the television market. So my suggestions is do a through a review on OLED panels and take your decision.

I purchased Sony A80K 55 inch model in October 2022. I saw noticeable black bars on the screen in mid of the January 2023. Our usage is 6 to 8hrs a day and running completely with the apps. No HDMI, USB etc.. Sony service technicians visited and identified the issue. Though they are hesitated to tell but it's a burn in issue. It comes with a 3yrs comprehensive warranty and I waiting for the Sony's call for panel replacement. But we really disappointed with the quality and reliability of the product especially OLED TV's.

The probability of Burnin in OLED panels is very high. Even though I dared to buy the OLED TV because of Sony's reputation in the television market. So my suggestions is do a through a review on OLED panels and take your decision.
Finally panel changed by Sony. Now I have to see for how many days it will work.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back