Which SDHC card for Canon A570IS?

spirovious

Hi,

I need to upgrade new card for my Canon A570IS.Originally said that this one can support upto 4gb card with its Digic3 processor & compatable with SDHC too_Online rev says it can support upto 8gb.

Now I want to know-
1.Which SDHC card (4 OR 8gb)will be better?
2.Will class 2 OK(4 & 8 gb both)?

I was told that panasonic 4gb class4 card is good & available for Rs.850.
So pls.guide accordingly.
User of A570 can pls.input their views.

Thanks.

But the slowest speed (read cheapest) card you can find. Faster cards are only meant for monster cameras like D3 etc which can shoot at 10 fps. Buying a faster card for a P&S camera is just waste of money.

Thanks for fast reply,

I started the same thread in cameravison.in yesterday,but no reply yet & so posted today here.

I saw 8gb sandisk in market which can be around 1k with written 2 on it.1st I thought its class 2,but online details says its class 4.This makes confusion as I need high capacity card for both photo & videos(70:30)
With photo class 2 no prob,but worried abt vieo recording.
So any thought.

Video on the same Canon camera? Then no problems. Unless you are shooting 1080p or something, you don't have to worry about card speeds.

On second thought, I think you should look up on the net about shooting video with this card. I use a Canon SD880 with a Sandisk 8GB card and it shoots video etc just fine. Don't remember if it was class 2 or 4 or 6. Will go home and check.

Thanks for input,
Class 4 are little costly & so I wanted to know abt Class2 8 gb card.I m sure that with photos it is OK ,but with mov I doubt?

Hi Jay,the card you suggested is class2 card.You can enlarge the photo & can see on it.
Is it fast enough?

Last edited:
Thanks for input,
Class 4 are little costly & so I wanted to know abt Class2 8 gb card.I m sure that with photos it is OK ,but with mov I doubt?

Hi Jay,the card you suggested is class2 card.You can enlarge the photo & can see on it.
Is it fast enough?

Just checked the card I have is a class 6 SDHC Transcend..
The link was incorrect..
The serial no printed at the back is 518388 0270 if it helps..

and yes it is fast enough.. although the maximum data rated supported by my camera is around 15-17mbps (have a look at Canon SX1 specs)

Last edited:
Thanks Jay & Chirag,for that price it is too good.
I got a price of sandisk 8gb class 2 as Rs.850.
But tomorrow I will check in camera market.I need to finalise tomorrow.
I was told panasonic 4gb class 4 for Rs.850(too high).

All this class talk is confusing me. I thought class 6 is faster than class 2 and class 10 even so... Am I correct?

Can anyone list the comparative pricing for a 4 gb card of class 2 6 10... ?

Btw I passed class 12 and shouldn't that automatically make me very fast?!!! With gals esp.??!!

Sent from my iPod touch :)

I checked my card yesterday. It's 8GB class 2 card. It records videos just fine in my Canon P&S camera at VGA resolution.

Yes the same,like minimum speed(like continuous power in amps)

Thanks Bansal for reply.Thats good news & shld work with my 570 which has digic3 processor.
Meanwhile I got funny ans from canon that my camera dont support more than 2gb?
I crossquestioned & they said video will currupt if I use 4gb or more capacity card.
They dont know what the class is.They said class 4 available only > 4gb whereas I have Toshiba 2gb class4 which is plain SD.

See the customer support.
Looking at these all,I may have to restrict to 4gb class2 OR 4.
Sandisk online support says Canon 570 can support their 8gb class2 card.That why I cldnt take decision.I will be travelling this Sunday & has only sigle day left.

I have used the standard version of Sandisk SDHC card (not high speed ) and it works very well with my Nikon D300 / D200 and D40 DSLR.
Recently I got a Sandisk 16GB (not high speed) SDHC for Rs 1500/- and I am using it in my Sony HD Handycam CX150E and it works perfect.
Dont go for high speed card if you dont do Continious shooting on High end DSLR like Nikon D3s/x or Canon 1Ds etc.....

I was just checking on net,Bansal's canon has Digic4 processor & mine 3.So I was not sure.The camera dealer advised for 4gb card for safety (8 gb can support though).

I was just checking on net,Bansal's canon has Digic4 processor & mine 3.So I was not sure.The camera dealer advised for 4gb card for safety (8 gb can support though).

thats correct. Even in my old sony digital camera & old sony k750i phone 4 GB card doesn't work always. Some time it works, some time it doesn't. Somehow k750i is supporting 4GB memory stick pro without giving any trouble for sometime now. So it is better to go with what is recommanded by MFR.

Finally I got sandisk 8gb class2 card for my Canon570IS & its working perfectly.
Sandisk website helped & canon support was useless.

On sandisk compatibility tool,I found that my camera can accept 16gb class 2 & 32gb high speed.Canon ruled out even 4gb.So sandisk help was better than the manufacturer(canon).
I took a chance & went to shop.I asked the same to shopkeeper & he said if it supports 4gb,then no problem with 8,but didnt have a used card.
I just asked to open new card & with risk insert in camera.Camera recognised it very fast & took some clips with full SD resolution & 30fm/sec & it did.

So thanking you all for valuable inputs.Starting journey early in the morning.
TC.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back