Which speakers better the Dynaudio Audience 72 ?? a upgrade feasiblity.

Well
The Dynaudios need power and the Emotivas seem upto the task on paper( though I have not heard them).Do you really think 1L is going to get you a significant upgrade from the dyns ? You might have to go higher up the chain for it.In fact the tonally smooth dyns might just match the livelier emotiva.
Cheers
Himadri

@spidey
In your price range (give or take a little) you may find used/demo:
Dynaudio Focus 220(2)
Sonus Faber Domus Concerto/GP Home
Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand/Bach Grand

@Ajay

Thank you for your suggestions. But all these speakers are very diffiuclt to find in used market, especially the dynaudios like excite and focus.

Now some of speakers I am considring:

1) Paradigm Studio 60
2) Monitor Audio M6(got rave reviews in AVmax)
3) B&W 683
4) What about Wharfedale 10.7 ( will it be sonically inferior to my dynas)
5) Anybody got used Cadence ?
6) PSB line of speakers

thanks

All the speakers you listed except the (PSB line ??? depends on which model) and cadence are inferior or pretty much similar to what you already have. You are better off with the dynaudios.

Why did you not pick up the focus speaker which sid had on sale ? Better dyanudio sound !

If you are adventurous, import the below speaker from Salk sound. The song tower !

SongTower speakers

A transmission line design using The Seas ER15 woofers and the Hiquphon 0WII. We are talking about top of the line drivers, excellent construction by Jim salk and crossover design by Dennis Murphy. All the recipes that are needed for a great sounding speaker. The design parameters are unheard of in under 2k $ loudspeakers. You will never get this performance at this price point if you keep looking at mainstream speakers with ridiculous markups.

The big dancers from Usher are a good upgrade if you are a fan of the usher sound but they will be out of your budget. ATCs and Vienna acoustic are good but they are like apples and oranges. Both have very different sound signatures! Taming the ATC tweeter is tough unless your upstream electronics are very good. If done right, the ATCs will reward you with great sound. The Vienna acoustic speakers are a bit more plug and play.

^ + Big 1!

I have heard several - B&W 683, 684, CM7, CM9, MA RS6, Paradigm Studio 60 and 100. Nothing comes even close to the SongTowers I have. The ST are very balanced and neutral speakers. They trounced the CM7, CM9 and RS6 (CM9 from in-house comparison). Biggest advantage of ST is midrange, pinpoint imaging, and very clear separation and resolution without getting bright like Paradigms. Have also tried Focal 836 that are $3000+ speakers, and very much prefer the ST.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back