Which speakers to buy for Denon 1911 - Budget 30-45K max

hey snorkel congrats!!

so you will have your avr working now....have you taken off today from office to install the speakers :)...do post your review of your complete system

Congrats Bro for the purchase.

Summers at its peak.......excuses such as....... stomach upset / loose motions is quite handy .......it wud give u couple of days off from the office.........enuf for wiring / speaker placement / burn ins :lol:

for avr 1911 we have been suggesting mostly Paradigm Cinema 90 speakers

around 44k (negotiable) supplier Kripa Electronics India

linn hifi

ha ha ha. good one :)
This weekend I will be on house arrest for sure...
There're still some hurdles.... I have a funny room design so last night I spent 30 mins staring at the walls, figuring out best placement of speakers. The installation guy will be coming tomorrow so need to change the seating, if need be, for best listening experience.

@Linn...

Uh oh... a bit late... never mind.. thanks for the suggestion.. I have a 1 week period to return these if I am not satisfied, on the grounds of some fault or technical glitch :)

ha ha ha. good one :)
This weekend I will be on house arrest for sure...
There're still some hurdles.... I have a funny room design so last night I spent 30 mins staring at the walls, figuring out best placement of speakers. The installation guy will be coming tomorrow so need to change the seating, if need be, for best listening experience.

@Linn...

Uh oh... a bit late... never mind.. thanks for the suggestion.. I have a 1 week period to return these if I am not satisfied, on the grounds of some fault or technical glitch :)

Kindly share your experience after tweaking the placements.

Hi, I am new to the forum and appreciate if some member can guide me as to where can I buy Energy Take Classic 5.1 in Mumbai.
Have got negative replies at reliance store at Vashi, and Thump at Atria, Worli.

Also, grateful if some Mumbai based member owns one and can allow a demo

Last July, i got ETC for 25K along with DVD movies from RD and still they are selling for the same price. Strange, should have bargained for 23k or so.

Wooow...

Even vPrasad84 said the price for RM6750 should be around 18K... When I asked here at a dealer in Gurgaon MGF Metropoliton mall they said 30K with a flat face.... ! :O

Now I have a reference price to negotiate with them......

boy, it gets interesting then...

Polk RM6750 for 18K
ETC for 25.5 K

FYI - Well I would say I got lucky... I was hunting for a ETC/ and its demo and had contacted numerous forum members for it... Crewcut, GeorgeO, another one from Mumbai etc etc...
And I was always under the impression that RD was sellign ET Micro and not classic...
Ten Riviera international mailed me saying ETC 5.1 is now old and discontinued model and hence they are now selling ETC micro for 42K.... :eek:

and just 'Luck by chance' I called RD few days back and got a call back from them, once they checked with their warehouse and confirmed they have 2-3 pieces still lyign box packed... the warehouse is in Pataudi near Gurgaon...

Price quoted was 25998 and reduced further to 25500 max...
2 yrs warranty like I mentioned from RD before...and 1 yr from ET...

guess I didn't have the patience to wait any longer, even if I got ripped (i wouldn't actually called that being ripped)... of 2K, I think i got a very nice deal for the many Blue Ray quality movies (courtesy a forum member) and a tip to buy good quality speaker wire, and 2 yrs warranty and also saved a good 1 good 16-17K in the AVR, getting ti from US....

Plus I think if I would have thrown any more tantrums I could have missed out on the last remaining piece of the set in Gurgaon... I think RD has sold out ETC's everywhere.

Only 1 last piece was remaining in Gurgaon and I was lucky to get it...

By the way, krishpiscean, hows ur experience with the speakers? How're they doing after 1 year of play?

Even I paired ETC with Denon 1911 and the experience is top class. ETC is worth every penny. In 25k range, these are the best ones in the market.
But for 1911, they may fall short of power. Of course, we hardly use the 1911 at it's peak power.

guess I didn't have the patience to wait any longer, even if I got ripped (i wouldn't actually called that being ripped)... of 2K, I think i got a very nice deal for the many Blue Ray quality movies (courtesy a forum member) and a tip to buy good quality speaker wire, and 2 yrs warranty and also saved a good 1 good 16-17K in the AVR, getting ti from US....

Plus I think if I would have thrown any more tantrums I could have missed out on the last remaining piece of the set in Gurgaon... I think RD has sold out ETC's everywhere.

Only 1 last piece was remaining in Gurgaon and I was lucky to get it...

By the way, krishpiscean, hows ur experience with the speakers? How're they doing after 1 year of play?

Oh wow, nice to know that. Where did you get the AVR from? India or US? How much for?
How have you suspended your speakers, if you have?

One thing I hate about them is the glassy piano black finish... now sure why the people in the west were so crazy about this finish, but its soooo prone to get scratched... I have to keep it on cloth at all times... and now I think I will be wrapping them up in a protective cover on the sides, leaving the rear port open...

I gt from SG, for sm 28-29k with a free ipod dock.
ETC has nice holes at the back side :) and just used the wall nails to hang them. I felt this is the simplest and best way without spending money on cosy wall mounts etc.

Don't worry abt scratches, until u use them very badly or kids messing up.

Oh wow, nice to know that. Where did you get the AVR from? India or US? How much for?
How have you suspended your speakers, if you have?

One thing I hate about them is the glassy piano black finish... now sure why the people in the west were so crazy about this finish, but its soooo prone to get scratched... I have to keep it on cloth at all times... and now I think I will be wrapping them up in a protective cover on the sides, leaving the rear port open...

Can you help me with some pics for me to understand how exactly did you hook them to the wall with the speakers? Its a 1/4'' 20 threads per inch hole...

Also If you suspended then from the wall, is there any space between the speaker ports and the wall?

ETC has nice holes at the back side :) and just used the wall nails to hang them. I felt this is the simplest and best way without spending money on cosy wall mounts etc.

This way, you shan't be able to point the speakers to the required vantage area. Moreover, the speaker set-up could look very shabby ..... kind of, black rectangular boxes hung 'straight' on the wall .... To remain 'Straight' would be difficult too ... minor tilts would contribute to an aesthetic disaster ...

I feared the same... they would be hung up straight on the main wall facing the rear wall. I wonder how they will be tilted to the sweet spot in the listening area.

You should have opted for the Moviestar 70+ ..... every attachment is provided for .... even the 'very good' quality speaker cables. Did'nt Denny introduce those speakers to you?

Honestly speaking..the first Time I saw those speakrs online... the looks depressed me :(
Not that my Energy takes look the prettiest of them all.... but that first impression was low...

Secondly, the mentioned and discussed price on the forum was more than the ETCs... just for the ETC itself, I was/ am not able to digest, just small boxed sats come for 4k each... but I guess their USP is the Subwoofer and the patented eliptical ribbed woofer lining... I am guessing it has something to do with the bass it kicks out....

And then the 100+ positive reviews on Amazon, where people compared this to other sats much exp in the series like Bose, Jamo, onkyo... etc...

I even discussed with someone who paired it with Denon 1911 and loved the results...

Now coming back to Denny, I didnt get a chance to take a lot of demo's at all....
I didn't visit Denny or Laakozy or any other shop that carried nice speakers. I didnt want to go for the FS and then surrounds then center + Sub approach...

I am short on space right now... and wanted to enjoy the 5.1 ASAP... There's still time before I get a house of my own where I can build my own HT like the way I want... and also I have the SOundDock and companion 2.0 for music.... So I jumped for ETC at RD.

Where are u in New Delhi, come over for tea and biscuits and watch them cookies crumble in the cup when the woofer roars... lol...

Am at C.R Park.

Moviestar 70+ sub does not roar .... it purrs. Its musical for music and just about adequate for movies. Thought, its looks are what most people would die for .... aluminium-finish frontals ... big guys ... sturdily built like a battle tank, but with a certain finesse .... BIG woofers 4" on the satellites .... double woofers (again 4") on the centre ..... and with supplied wall mounts which allow them to be pointed any way you like.

I guess we are both right in our own worlds. I am nor sure if you have demo'd ETC, I haven't checkout MS 70+ so we would never be able to compare...

How much did you get them for?

I still may have an option to return these and go in for another set....

Come over to my place tomorrow, if possible.
Am a bachelor now, wifey & kids are away. But, has to be tomorrow, since am joining them day after.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back