which sub to buy

kiranM

I have Yamaha 3070, klipsch 280F, 440c, 502c atmos 180. need to upgrade my SUB.
Room size 12 x 21 feet.
planning for SVS SB 2000.
Also looking into XTZ 12.17 EDGE
? RYTHYMIK

I have Yamaha 3070, klipsch 280F, 440c, 502c atmos 180. need to upgrade my SUB.
Room size 12 x 21 feet.
planning for SVS SB 2000.
Also looking into XTZ 12.17 EDGE
? RYTHYMIK

Rythmik, XTZ, SVS & REL all are good subwoofers but depends on your requirement for music , movies or both. For music Rythmik's & Rel's are highly rated.

You can also add PSA & HSU on your list though don't know if HSU is available here.

Music 20% to 30% Movies 70%
is it better to go for Dual subs or single is enough ( Two XTZ 10.17 edge instead of one 12.17 edge)

CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE XTZ AND RYTHMIK DEALERS IN CHENNAI OR BANGLORE
HOW DOES SB 3000 COMPARE WITH XTZ AND RYTHMIC

Last edited:
if your usage is more for movies, svs pb series would do. Have been using the pb2000 for about 4 yrs now and would highly recomed.

Music 20% to 30% Movies 70%
is it better to go for Dual subs or single is enough ( Two XTZ 10.17 edge instead of one 12.17 edge)

Dual subwoofers are always better than single for smooth bass response. SVS SB 3000 is a very good subwoofer & has just won the EISA award.

But as mshifi has mentioned if your priority is movies then go for the SVS PB/PC 2000 (ported) since these ones can dig deeper much more than the SB 3000( sealed) to 16/17 Hz in the lower frequencies with authority. In the PC/PB 2000 you will not have port tuning options.
The SB 3000 has more upper bass than the PB/PC 2000 according to ED Mullen when I had enquired from him.
Try the XTZ & Rythmik ported ones too.

What ever sub you get make sure you go dual subwoofers. Else you will not get the satisfaction

In my humble opinion, two subs are required if you have a very distributed seating area. If your seating is mostly fixed to a place, you could place your sub in a place that sounds best for your seating position.

I have only one sub and I have never felt the need for another one. If you have a spare sub lying around, Use it. But don't go buying another sub thinking that you will never be satisfied with one.

Many of us regular Joe's can never really comprehend smooth bass, slow bass etc. Distorted bass, yes you may notice. Get a good sub and play it within its range and you should be ok for Home Theatre in a regular living space. If your sub has a DSP, even better.

Last edited:
I have fixed seating area and I have limited options for SUB placement.
may be XTZ 12.17 EDGE / Rythmik LVX 12 -- both cost about 90k
or SB 3000 which is a bit more expensive,
Cannot do Demo becose of where I stay

They are all sub builders. You will not go wrong with any of them. Pick which ever one is easily available near your place and in your budget.

MaSh

I have not heard the subs you have mentioned. They are all good subs. You will be happy with any of them. Take a look at their specifications online for more information.

what about SVS SB 3000 vs F15HP are they equal in performence
Svs SB 3000
13 inch driver, 800 watts class D, +/-18 to 270hz.

Rythmik f15hp
15 inch driver, 600 watts class H servo controlled, +/-10hz to 250hz.

Its very obvious which one is better.

What do you think @arj

Svs SB 3000
13 inch driver, 800 watts class D, +/-18 to 270hz.

Rythmik f15hp
15 inch driver, 600 watts class H servo controlled, +/-10hz to 250hz.

Its very obvious which one is better.

What do you think @arj
My knowledge on subs is limited and you guys are the experts !
I would choose Rthytmic if the need is for music since it has Speaker level inputs but for HT could go with either

My knowledge on subs is limited and you guys are the experts !
I would choose Rthytmic if the need is for music since it has Speaker level inputs but for HT could go with either
Between these two rythmik will give better performance for both movies and music.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back