why not STOP THE LITTER

corElement

Seriously, whats the freaking deal with india having litter everywhere, I see people constantly ripping packets and dropping em everywhere. Then they go WOW so clean at pics from other countries. Its our own fault we litter everywhere ( I freak out if I see someone literring infront of me and tossing anything everywhere )

It's pathetic how we litter our own country and then so many go off to countries like the us and uk and canada or aus. Why dont people stay back for the country and try to improve the place for a change, geez. All my school friends are in the us. Then they come back and just do the normal litter routine anywhere. WTH people..

Sorry, im just really fuming right now from seeing indian heritage places lined with ghutkha and paan and plastic and packets.

corElement,

I so get what you are saying man! Its heart wrenching to go to some of the most beautiful locales in our country and find plastic/foil trash. When I am riding I see that people dont have a second thought about tossing wrappers and packets from cars and buses. Come on people whats the big deal in just keeping those wrappers in your car for a little while more and throw it in the next available trash receptacle?
Earlier I used to fume when one of my friends used to do this, now I just queitely pick up the plastic/cover whatever and throw it in the trash.
As you said when we ogle at photos of other countries and wax eloquent about their clean, uncluttered beautiful public spaces, we have to understand that, WE HAVE TO BE THE CHANGE WE WANT TO SEE! (Sorry for shouting!)

Seriously, whats the freaking deal with india having litter everywhere, I see people constantly ripping packets and dropping em everywhere. Then they go WOW so clean at pics from other countries. Its our own fault we litter everywhere ( I freak out if I see someone literring infront of me and tossing anything everywhere )

It's pathetic how we litter our own country and then so many go off to countries like the us and uk and canada or aus. Why dont people stay back for the country and try to improve the place for a change, geez. All my school friends are in the us. Then they come back and just do the normal litter routine anywhere. WTH people..

Sorry, im just really fuming right now from seeing indian heritage places lined with ghutkha and paan and plastic and packets.

Hi,

Special thanks for for this posting! We often have awareness programs in our condominium, but we will have to deal with a handful of population who deliberately want to violate and make the place, which is clean, nasty just for fun and to see the reaction of residents.

Also, we throw garbages, coke cans, plastic covers, etc., at our leisure and mock at the government and local authorities for not keeping the places clean, though there is a negligency on their part as well.

At least if all our forum members and their families refrain from littering and haphazardly throwing the garbage, we can make a great change. So, let us take a resolution now and keep our Earth always an ideal place for human race!

Cheers!

the indian attitude is always care free they should just make a legal law against littering ......... social responsibility will follow

I know quite a few people including myself who would like to cut down on littering but there isn't the infrastructure present. The municipality should provide more facilities to dump litter (bins every corner etc) Stuffing it in your pocket till you reach home really isn't practical all the time so till then when there isnt a receptacle close by a corner or street is going to be used

Bottle its true that we dont have so many trash bins. But I have seen innumerable times people littering even when trash bin is nearby.
Carrying in pockets is not always easy but in cars, why not? Keeping it in a bag till you reach the destination is not so difficult.

Corelement, true, either the trash bin is overflowing or they collect it and dump it some other place near a main road or residential area. No treatment.

^Yup thats there, theres nothing that can be done untill we start educating people :) but things are changing even in theatres people carry their left over cups and containers and throw them in the bin rather than below the seat

and regarding car , I'm really fussy about my car and I don't even allow food inside let alone smelly rubbish :D but stuff like toll,petrol receipts and stuff are in the car and disposed at home

First read the post topic and thought, coreE is mentioning the abuse made by fellow members Littering. Thank god, he has not mentioned it... But though word littering is also an kinda to be stopped before talking about street littering.

Who litters the word wrongly will have the habbit of littering. I am also though on this list, bust the corporation for not keeping enough/sufficient bins to litter at right moment and right place and bust our educational institutions(parents) who has not educated our fellow people in their childhood from stopping this habit.

Thank god, enough space were there for littering.. Otherwise:sad:

littering.jpg

the indian attitude is always care free they should just make a legal law against littering ......... social responsibility will follow

Hi,

Laws and Statues are there to punish persons who are offending them, the punishment ranges anywhere between Rs. 500 and upto 3 months of imprisonment.

Cheers!

Hi,

I, a couple of times, had fought with 2 persons and handed one over to Police for spitting on me from the bus while I was riding the bike.:mad:

Cheers!

Hi,

I, a couple of times, had fought with 2 persons and handed one over to Police for spitting on me from the bus while I was riding the bike.:mad:

Cheers!

That was great. Wish more affected people do that and maybe this menace can be stopped.

Even i've given my piece of mind to similar people but never taken them to police. Well done Venkatesh:clapping:

I guess all these malaises which are in this country have got to do with parenting. If i feel this is wrong, that is got to do with the fact that my mother taught me that when i was an infant.
Maybe if all moms teach thier kids good habits India will be a far better place.

Wish the government or NGOs plan training for expectant moms and even unmarried woman so that they can in turn teach their kids.

The world would have been a better place if we practiced all that our good Moms taught us!
Nevertheless, you are right education is important. But even more important is enforcement and penalisation!
Venkatesh, Respect!
I wear a jacket when riding,even here in hot humid Kerala not to protect from road rash, but from the guys in buses who spit like cannons on to hapless bikers like me!
How did you do it boss? You chased the bus? Or got the police to chase the guy?

To hell with education man. You are NOT going to suddenly teach 1 billion people how to unlearn their habits.

Solution is easy. In earlier days, a few wise men would build things into the religion when they wanted a mass following of the rules. That worked that time.

In today's India, the best thing would be to enforce these things by law (like Singapore for example) and just make it a rule. Without any discrimination, if a person litters they face lawful consequences. Thats the ONLY way to make a change in India today.

Mentalities built over generations aren't eradicated in one persons lifetime, till people have to face consequences of their actions.

The world would have been a better place if we practiced all that our good Moms taught us!
Nevertheless, you are right education is important. But even more important is enforcement and penalisation!
Venkatesh, Respect!
I wear a jacket when riding,even here in hot humid Kerala not to protect from road rash, but from the guys in buses who spit like cannons on to hapless bikers like me!
How did you do it boss? You chased the bus? Or got the police to chase the guy?

Hi,

Yes, the first incident happened when I was doing my college, I and my friend got that guy in the next busstop and dragged him down and made a nasty scene, in fact my act was worse than his. I would have had more punishment upto 2 years for causing nuisance and we let him go after he apologised.

The second was in 2004, again my colleague was a pillion, I chased the bus, got into the bus and yelled at him asking whether he had sense? The driver and conductor asked us to get down and we asked the driver to drive the bus to police station or ask the guy to get down otherwise. Then the guy got down and told very arrogantly, "i will buy you another shirt or give you 500," you wont believe he was working for a reputed company (TVS). Then, the argument became an affray and then I called up my friend's dad who was an ASP, he sent a PC to solve the matter. We went to the station and he had a counseling session with the SI. We requested the SI not to file an FIR, rather to give him a stern warning.

Upon his parents' request and his apology, we compromised the matter without any case. But you know, it was a horrible day and I looked like a moron and literally more than a cheap for the acts I had done to that guy.

I feel no pride that I did this, but very ashamed to have done that, as I caused significant inconvenience and discomfort to the public and others.

Cheers!

p.s.: Also, I spent 200 bucks for the PC who came to my rescue and his parents also had to shed some real bucks!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back