will be going in for Lyrita Audio

Thanks Ajay. To be honest even i do not understand much of what i have ordered. I have done so after a lot of reading and interactions with other tube amp lovers.

I would truly love to see an Indian amp designer position himself with the best in the world.

Last edited:
Congrats Prem. Glad I contributed to the decision. I cant wait to come over and listen to your new setup once it arrives.

Thanks Jai1611. If you had not let me borrow your amp for a few days, this would not have happened. Hopefully my set up should be ready mid July.

Hi Prem,

Welcome to the Lyrita Club

Hope you find this amp as good as you come to expect.

Congrats Prem.
Thanks Ajay. To be honest even i do not understand much of what i have ordered. I have done so after a lot of reading and interactions with other tube amp lovers.
Sorry Dont know if it was workable, but on hindsight it would have been interesting to see SQ of both transformers.
I would truly love to see an Indian amp designer position himself with the best in the world.
I am with you on this.
whats the difference between the two xformers?
I am not technical person but as current demands increases (at loud vol with low range fqs.) Due to physical limits of material used signals gets saturated resulting in clipping and distortions.

Regards

I spoke to Viren. For one of his clients, he had used Hashimoto transformer and he felt it sounded more open. So i thought might as well go for a transformer upgrade. To be honest i do not know how much of an upgrade it would be. It costs a bomb but in other forums i have read that a transformer makes a huge difference.

Chanced upon this site. I understand that they have a big fan following in underground circles: SAC Thailand

Wonder if anyone on the forum heard their creations?

Hi Hiten

Just saw the post about your dad. Am really sorry to hear about it. May his soul rest in peace. I was also touched by your gesture to donate to a NGO which takes care of children with cancer. May your tribe increase

Without purchasing the transformers there was no way i could compare the sound quality. Once i have the amp with Slagle transformers, it would be easier for the next person to take a call. So i guess you can call me the guinea pig

Hi Captrajesh

From what i have heard SAC Thailand makes good transformers and vol controls.

Chanced upon this site. I understand that they have a big fan following in underground circles: SAC Thailand

Wonder if anyone on the forum heard their creations?

Their lineup looks impressive - GM70 SET monoblock power amp, KT88 power amp, EL 34s, 2A3s, etc. And lots of transformers.

Their lineup looks impressive - GM70 SET monoblock power amp, KT88 power amp, EL 34s, 2A3s, etc. And lots of transformers.

Yeah:) I wish our Viren churns out such stuff. What I've heard is that the trafo winding a nothing short of rocket science and the locally available ones are just not enough to derive that kind of power these amps deliver.

May be the trafos can be sourced from such people.

Hope Viren is listening:rolleyes:

I just saw this thread today. Happy for those folks who are jumping on the Indian brand wagon. All I can say folks in that is better late than never. In my little expeience rubbing shoulders with Virenji, I've heard all his amps and find 2A3 the most seductive ;)

helium
Cambridge Audio 640c V2 + Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW-175 + Pure Silver cables = 'Music Nirvana'

Hi Captrajesh

Viren is building his amps to a price point. Using high quality transformers increases the cost substantially. Maybe he could have 2 lines. One affordable and the other with high quality transformers.

I am not aware of 2 way designs with sensitivity in the range of 98 db. Thats the kind of sensitivity you will need for a 2A3 amp to drive it

Viren is building his amps to a price point. Using high quality transformers increases the cost substantially. Maybe he could have 2 lines. One affordable and the other with high quality transformers.

Precisely what I was thinking. You put it across better.:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back