will be going in for Lyrita Audio

Viren has used GATI. Great if it reaches early. Can set it up over the weekend.

Jaibir, thanks once again for letting me have your Lyrita amp at my place without which this new amp would not have happened.

Hi Prem, certainly sounds very interesting, trend setting and promising. Wish you many hours of enjoyment with this combination (until your next upgrade...). Do you use an outboard phono preamp, or the Built in phono?

Hi everyone, I am new to Lyrita Audio.

Had some questions in mind, wanted to ask them here.

I am in lookout for a crystal clear stereo setup. My requirements are Crystal Clear mids , Bright highs, and an effective low end thump ( perfect tight bass ).
I am a mix genre guy, listen to all sorts of music. Quite much of bollywood, pop , rock , instrumental , Club heavy DJ mixes too.

I was looking at lyrita's options. Will Lyrita speaker and amp setups be optimal for my requirements.

If yes , then will harmony one or amity? and which tube amp.

P.S - As of now I am ( read was ) a headphone and IEM guy. Have swapped and still have a lot of headphones and iem's . To name a few , UE-TF10 , DBA-02, RE-1 , RE-Zero , RE-252 , etc etc , Cans ( ATH-M50 , Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, Fischer audio -FA002W, HE300 , Shure 880 , AD700 , etc )

Now planning to get into stereo setup. Priority is 100% music! no movies no gaming.

Pour in your suggestions please.

Hi everyone, I am new to Lyrita Audio.

Had some questions in mind, wanted to ask them here.

I am in lookout for a crystal clear stereo setup. My requirements are Crystal Clear mids , Bright highs, and an effective low end thump ( perfect tight bass ).
I am a mix genre guy, listen to all sorts of music. Quite much of bollywood, pop , rock , instrumental , Club heavy DJ mixes too.

I was looking at lyrita's options. Will Lyrita speaker and amp setups be optimal for my requirements.

If yes , then will harmony one or amity? and which tube amp.

P.S - As of now I am ( read was ) a headphone and IEM guy. Have swapped and still have a lot of headphones and iem's . To name a few , UE-TF10 , DBA-02, RE-1 , RE-Zero , RE-252 , etc etc , Cans ( ATH-M50 , Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, Fischer audio -FA002W, HE300 , Shure 880 , AD700 , etc )

Now planning to get into stereo setup. Priority is 100% music! no movies no gaming.

Pour in your suggestions please.

Hi,

Listen to different setups and judge by your ears. For Lyrita you may come to my place. Send PM.

helium

HiFi setup I- CA 640c V2 + Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 + Lyrita IC & cables

HiFi setup II- SB Classic + Sansui AU-317 + Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables

A Lot of our expectations in music are governed by our experiences in systems..and many of those change when we hear the same with better and more resolving systems.
try to keep an open mind on the expectations in bold above :) the ears usually feel good in listening to music when it sounds the most natural and real.
brightness and high bass is better heard with the Non Hifi Systems which have to boost the same to compensate for the lose in true fidelity.

take up the above offer ;)

I echo Arj's opinion...what you are looking for is coloration in sound which are typical of mass-market systems or recording that have been engineered to boost the two ends of the spectrum generally found in Bollywood and other types of dhik-chik music.

Lyrita's tube amps and single driver speakers may not be the right match for your choice of music. They'll reproduce it alright but you may not find the sound a little subdued and held back. You'd probably do better with a NAD-Paradigm kind of setup but I'd sincerely suggest you re-evaluate your requirements. Take up Helium's offer and go check his system.

I would also play the granny here and warn you of listening to such music on headfones. It might cause you some complications as your exposure increases.

Hi,

Listen to different setups and judge by your ears. For Lyrita you may come to my place. Send PM.

helium

HiFi setup I- CA 640c V2 + Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 + Lyrita IC & cables

HiFi setup II- SB Classic + Sansui AU-317 + Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables

Thanks a lot sir. I'll surely visit your place soon. Nothing better than auditioning the best system LIVE , before making an actual purchase.
Will PM you in a while .

A Lot of our expectations in music are governed by our experiences in systems..and many of those change when we hear the same with better and more resolving systems.
try to keep an open mind on the expectations in bold above :) the ears usually feel good in listening to music when it sounds the most natural and real.
brightness and high bass is better heard with the Non Hifi Systems which have to boost the same to compensate for the lose in true fidelity.

take up the above offer ;)

You are right, I actually meant to say that I like WARM SOUNDING systems. A little laid back, and natural in all aspects. ( Mids , Highs , Lows )

I echo Arj's opinion...what you are looking for is coloration in sound which are typical of mass-market systems or recording that have been engineered to boost the two ends of the spectrum generally found in Bollywood and other types of dhik-chik music.

Lyrita's tube amps and single driver speakers may not be the right match for your choice of music. They'll reproduce it alright but you may not find the sound a little subdued and held back. You'd probably do better with a NAD-Paradigm kind of setup but I'd sincerely suggest you re-evaluate your requirements. Take up Helium's offer and go check his system.

I would also play the granny here and warn you of listening to such music on headfones. It might cause you some complications as your exposure increases.

I'll check out NAD too, but long back someone actually suggested me LYRITA's setups. I rem his words, seeing upon my habit of changing ( buying/selling ) headphones and IEM"s, he said " Thanks god your habit is only restricted till headphone's / IEM's and its good you are away from stereo setups, Else if you continue the same in stereo setups, then I'm afraid 'you might end up selling your house even' to buy that perfect sound :p "

Then on the brighter side, after a healthy discussion regarding my taste in music and the kind of songs I prefer listening, he suggested me to check out Lyrita Audio. Thats why I am here today! ;)

.. but long back someone actually suggested me LYRITA's setups. I rem his words, seeing upon my habit of changing ( buying/selling ) headphones and IEM"s, he said " Thanks god your habit is only restricted till headphone's / IEM's and its good you are away from stereo setups, Else if you continue the same in stereo setups, then I'm afraid 'you might end up selling your house even' to buy that perfect sound :p "
:eek:hyeah: If control is not exercised, House/family and job would be at Risk.. this addiction could worse than alcoholism (sans the violence)

This is some seriously interesting stuff going on here, Prem !!
I will try to come via Mumbai during my next India visit :).

Hi Dr Bass

I wanted to give SET a honest shot. I always felt transformers made a huge difference to the SET sound. So thought might go the full way and get the nickel output and interstage transformers. Incidentally Audio Note Level 4 and Level 5 amps use nickel output transformers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back