Wireless router

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
I have been using 3 Ubiquiti Unifi AC LR access points in a approx 3500 - 4000 sq feet penthouse spread across 3 floors and I can vouch for it .
Brilliant range and no dropouts. its extremely stable and I would pick it over any extender

I do prefer using the 2.4 ghz channel though when using with my mobile / Ipad as it provides a larger coverage

My house in on the 10th / 11th / 12th Floor and I still get a signal albeit weak on the ground floor of the building

Cant go wrong with any of Ubiquiti products .

Even if you buy the access point you can still use your old router for routing functions with the new access point. Using 2 routers has its own demerits too. Signal interference with the same channel/the channel interference with the neighbor wifi.
Also 2 routers means two different SSID’s so switching from one to other will not be seamless.
I don't find much demerits with two routers. Keep the same ssid and password for both routers and your phone usually automatically changes to the router with better signal at the spot. Also the xiaomi router I am using has the ability to give 5ghz without changing WiFi if the device is close or it switches to 2.4ghz if device is far. It monitors this for each device separately. Also it can scan for all the nearby interferences (wifi etc) and choose for the best chanel suited for lowest possible interference.

I don't find much demerits with two routers. Keep the same ssid and password for both routers and your phone usually automatically changes to the router with better signal at the spot. Also the xiaomi router I am using has the ability to give 5ghz without changing WiFi if the device is close or it switches to 2.4ghz if device is far. It monitors this for each device separately. Also it can scan for all the nearby interferences (wifi etc) and choose for the best chanel suited for lowest possible interference.
On my access point it provides the RF spectrum analyzer with signal interference pattern. which will not help, if your neighbor's router set to 'Auto' for channel selection.
Every router switch the WiFi band, if end points supports b/g/n/ac. But the Problem starts when signal range for both the router overlaps each other. endpoints doesn't have the ability to join specific to signal strength. But the same can happen with multiple access points controlled by a single wireless controller. Here SSID is not specific to an access point but when you use 2 different router SSID is specific to router, even if you use the same SSID.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back