Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Thankyou for this, can you tell me more about the lag which you are experiencing while paying HDR on prime or netflix?

There is definite lag while using Amazon prime. Sometimes the TV responds a second or 2 later after remote is pressed. Netflix is slightly better.

I also don't see any issues from the video shared. Thank you for sharing the video.
Happy to help :)

The MI Q1 unit I received has a defect, rather a component is missing :oops:. The base mounting mechanism, the threads where one screws in the M6 screws, was missing altogether.

The installation service from MI is not available at my pincode currently due to lockdown. I tweeted to the MI tv product manager and got a super promt response. Waiting for the service team to get back to me now. hopefully tomorrow.
Someone from mi after sales team reached out Sunday night and again today. My unit will most likely get replaced (from either FK or Mi) cuz of the missing base mount mechanism.

There is definite lag while using Amazon prime. Sometimes the TV responds a second or 2 later after remote is pressed. Netflix is slightly better.

Happy to help :)
I got my unit too. Took 6 hours to calibrate this thing. This thing is phenomenal. I am getting inky blacks, very very wide bt.2020 colors and insanely bright tv on hdr 10+ ( eye burning) Attaching pics for the same. Only issue I find is that most 4k videos is stuttering. ( Very sad)
I got 931 nits max brightness on 9 percent window ( bt.2020 and dark gamma with local dimming turned on)

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_224523_1.jpg
    IMG_20210511_224523_1.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20210511_145351.jpg
    IMG_20210511_145351.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20210511_210043.jpg
    IMG_20210511_210043.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 130
Wow how did you calibrate. Please give inputs
I got my unit too. Took 6 hours to calibrate this thing. This thing is phenomenal. I am getting inky blacks, very very wide bt.2020 colors and insanely bright tv on hdr 10+ ( eye burning) Attaching pics for the same. Only issue I find is that most 4k videos is stuttering. ( Very sad)
I got 931 nits max brightness on 9 percent window ( bt.2020 and dark gamma with local dimming turned on)

Congratulation. Please share post calibration values.

Wow how did you calibrate. Please give inputs
My cousin used some software and a color sensor. It took really long time but was worth it. I will share all settings very shortly meanwhile see the night scenes and vibrant colors. ( Mind you, the tv is way more vibrant and 8 bit panel of my amoled cannot see 8 bit+ FRC). So in real I see way more color shades in tv

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_210119.jpg
    IMG_20210511_210119.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 100
My cousin used some software and a color sensor. It took really long time but was worth it. I will share all settings very shortly meanwhile see the night scenes and vibrant colors. ( Mind you, the tv is way more vibrant and 8 bit panel of my amoled cannot see 8 bit+ FRC). So in real I see way more color shades in tv
Please do share the process, the equipment used and the software used for calibration in this thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...-do-it-and-where-to-find-the-resources.84502/

I see the red tint issue in HDR. My current MI 55" also has the same red tint issue.
Are you playing 4K via inbuilt apps or a 4K streamer?

I see the red tint issue in HDR. My current MI 55" also has the same red tint issue.
Are you playing 4K via inbuilt apps or a 4K streamer?
Are you facing tint issue in 75 inch one? I have no tint issue, not even color temp issue. I have tried HDR10 and 10+ videos. Seems to work without lag ( when using with hard disk) and prime video lags only when motion smoothing is turned on. I guess update will fix some things.

Are you facing tint issue in 75 inch one? I have no tint issue, not even color temp issue. I have tried HDR10 and 10+ videos. Seems to work without lag ( when using with hard disk) and prime video lags only when motion smoothing is turned on. I guess update will fix some things.
No. On the Mi 4 55" in HDR I see red tint ( red looks more prominent then other colors. Picture looks slight reddish). Unfortunately I don't have Ps4 Pro with me to share video samples.

Congratulations @ankurjaiz, @moh1t, and @vikrantxtrad for your new TVs.
I too have been on the lookout for a big tv. Usage mostly for 4k content, live shows (Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, etc), and sports (mostly soccer). Most content would be either streaming with Prime/Netflix/Youtube or Blueray quality content. While kids do have a PS3, they have very little interest in gaming.
Earlier had almost finalized LG CX 65 OLED. Now after reading reviews of MI QLED 75, I am confused. Some websites have given very high ratings to MI QLED 75, others have gone to the extent of suggesting downsizing and buying LG CX 55.

My setup:

Viewing distance: 10 - 13 feet
Main content: OTT/4K/Live shows (Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, etc)
HT: Bose lifestyle 35

My conundrum comes from:

MI QLED Vs LG CX 65

Size: 75 Vs 65 (+1 MI)
Tech: QLED vs OLED (+1 LG)
Warranty: 1 Yr Vs 3 Yrs (+1 LG)
Cost: ~1.15 L Vs ~1.9L (+1 MI)
Till here it is deadheat..

Now come the emotions:
Emotion: Chinese Vs Korean (Been on negative sentiment for buying Chinese stuff) (+1 LG)

What would the FMs suggest?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Congratulations @ankurjaiz, @moh1t, and @vikrantxtrad for your new TVs.
I too have been on the lookout for a big tv. Usage mostly for 4k content, live shows (Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, etc), and sports (mostly soccer). Most content would be either streaming with Prime/Netflix/Youtube or Blueray quality content. While kids do have a PS3, they have very little interest in gaming.
Earlier had almost finalized LG CX 65 OLED. Now after reading reviews of MI QLED 75, I am confused. Some websites have given very high ratings to MI QLED 75, others have gone to the extent of suggesting downsizing and buying LG CX 55.

My setup:

Viewing distance: 10 - 13 feet
Main content: OTT/4K/Live shows (Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, etc)
HT: Bose lifestyle 35

My conundrum comes from:

MI QLED Vs LG CX 65

Size: 75 Vs 65 (+1 MI)
Tech: QLED vs OLED (+1 LG)
Warranty: 1 Yr Vs 3 Yrs (+1 LG)
Cost: ~1.15 L Vs ~1.9L (+1 MI)
Till here it is deadheat..

Now come the emotions:
Emotion: Chinese Vs Korean (Been on negative sentiment for buying Chinese stuff) (+1 LG)

What would the FMs suggest?

Thanks!
This is about the same viewing distance I have, and similar conundrum I have - LG CX versus a QLED or FALD TV. The Mi 75 inch would be too big for the wall so I'm mostly looking at 65 inchers. Been using a 42 inch LG for the past 6 years so hoping that the jump to 65 inches and 4K would itself be a huge upgrade visually. It's to be placed in a decently bright living room, so that kinda puts a damper on OLEDs. Finally might have to get a QLED or FALD. Waiting for lockdowns to get over so I can shop around. If your living room is quite bright I guess OLEDs won't work as well, unless you can wait for the LG C1 to come out which supposedly has higher brightness and an improved anti reflective screen.

Thanks, @lightgamer, and @IonHawk for your suggestions. MI seems to be a better choice in terms of my requirements.

Have another query, especially to those who have procured MI QLED 77:

When I am trying to order (for Lucknow), I am running into issues:
  1. If I order just the TV, then the website and the app both show an error that "we're unable to deliver products over ₹ 49999 to your Pincode using cash on delivery". I have not even chosen the payment mode till now
  2. If I order TV + Warranty, the error seen is "Our delivery partners currently do not service orders above ₹ 75000 to your region"
I even connected with the helpdesk who said that TV is deliverable in my area.

What may I be missing here?

This is about the same viewing distance I have, and similar conundrum I have - LG CX versus a QLED or FALD TV. The Mi 75 inch would be too big for the wall so I'm mostly looking at 65 inchers. Been using a 42 inch LG for the past 6 years so hoping that the jump to 65 inches and 4K would itself be a huge upgrade visually. It's to be placed in a decently bright living room, so that kinda puts a damper on OLEDs. Finally might have to get a QLED or FALD. Waiting for lockdowns to get over so I can shop around. If your living room is quite bright I guess OLEDs won't work as well, unless you can wait for the LG C1 to come out which supposedly has higher brightness and an improved anti reflective screen.
I would suggest that you look at the range of the new mini led tvs. Heard that the new technology is as good as the oleds

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back