Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

tried to buy but went out of stock at the payment page. Very limited quantity I guess. Even after so many years flipkart buying experience is laggy AF for product drops

edit: 1 unit came back in stock for Delhi/Ncr. Bought. Got it for 1,10,749 with discount of 9250 on hdfc.

It wasn’t showing ~13k discount that others got earlier but I didn’t want to risk it by trying another hdfc card or FK account so went ahead with it.

Expected delivery on may 10th
Congratulations. That 13k was I think for the Mastercard HDFC cards and for limited time. This itself is a great deal. Who knows when the stock will come back. Enjoy your TV and don't fret over 2-3k.

Also, this is a limited time offer till 7th May. After tomorrow even the 9250 off will go.
Edit2: Viewing distance is exactly 10 ft, I've looked at rtings and other viewing distance guides and they say it should be ok, but was wondering if anyone with a 75 inch tv can advise on viewing distance?
The ideal theatrical distance for a 75" TV is around 8 feet (THX recommended for around 40 degree angle to eye). However, that's for high-fidelity 4k content. 1080p or cable content won't look good at 8 feet, so 10 feet should be very ideal for mixed content.

If your content is 99% cable TV or sub-1080p content, then even 10 feet might be a bit low as a big TV will look pixelated.

tried to buy but went out of stock at the payment page. Very limited quantity I guess. Even after so many years flipkart buying experience is laggy AF for product drops

edit: 1 unit came back in stock for Delhi/Ncr. Bought. Got it for 1,10,749 with discount of 9250 on hdfc.

It wasn’t showing ~13k discount that others got earlier but I didn’t want to risk it by trying another hdfc card or FK account so went ahead with it.

Expected delivery on may 10th

Edit2: Viewing distance is exactly 10 ft, I've looked at rtings and other viewing distance guides and they say it should be ok, but was wondering if anyone with a 75 inch tv can advise on viewing distance?
Congratulations on your new purchase. One thing I noticed that 9250 discount I think was on EMI payment, but it's wasn't no cost EMI and instead 15% interest would be charged. So the additional discount up and above 7500 discount that you get would in any way be spent on interest payment.

Congratulations. That 13k was I think for the Mastercard HDFC cards and for limited time. This itself is a great deal. Who knows when the stock will come back. Enjoy your TV and don't fret over 2-3k.

Also, this is a limited time offer till 7th May. After tomorrow even the 9250 off will go.

The ideal theatrical distance for a 75" TV is around 8 feet (THX recommended for around 40 degree angle to eye). However, that's for high-fidelity 4k content. 1080p or cable content won't look good at 8 feet, so 10 feet should be very ideal for mixed content.

If your content is 99% cable TV or sub-1080p content, then even 10 feet might be a bit low as a big TV will look pixelated.
content will mostly be 1080p or 4K on OTT apps/Plex + 4k gaming on PS4 pro

i really hope ARC works with my current pioneer air vsx-424. In my current vu premium tv arc implement is extremely buggy. I’m stuck using toslink and mostly dolby and dts doesn’t work OTB.

Congratulations on your new purchase. One thing I noticed that 9250 discount I think was on EMI payment, but it's wasn't no cost EMI and instead 15% interest would be charged. So the additional discount up and above 7500 discount that you get would in any way be spent on interest payment.
Yup took EMI option on hdfc. HDFC EMI with discounts was cheaper than no-cost EMI and no discount.

Plus I wanted to see if I close the emi in a month or two do I get the emi interest waived off or do I still need to pay it?

FK is offering 1 year warranty on complete product with one additional year of warranty on panel. Bought this without telling my wife, Ive never bought an MI Tv before, hoping it works for at least 5 years, otherwise wife gonna keep nagging, lol.

Yup took EMI option on hdfc. HDFC EMI with discounts was cheaper than no-cost EMI and no discount.

Plus I wanted to see if I close the emi in a month or two do I get the emi interest waived off or do I still need to pay it?

FK is offering 1 year warranty on complete product with one additional year of warranty on panel. Bought this without telling my wife, Ive never bought an MI Tv before, hoping it works for at least 5 years, otherwise wife gonna keep nagging, lol.
Good luck:p:D handling the situation with your wife. And please update if the emi interest is waived off if you to close it and pay upfront on HDFC card. I have read a lot forum member have done it but never got a chance to try it and may try now if it works for you. And finally waiting :)for your deep dive review once it get delivered. I have set my eyes on this one since it launch but didn't just yet pulled the trigger(in process missed that great 13500 discount) as I am waiting for real hands on experience on its brightness, local dimming, panel uniformity etc etc..

Congratulations on the new TV. Do you think it will look too big from 9.5-10ft distance?

Thanks. The viewing distance completely depends on the content you re watching. 4k UHD can be watched from 8 ft also. I felt that FHD content 10 ft is the minimum distance.
Congratulations! Please let us know about the TV's daylight performance. How does the screen handle reflections? Also, please let us know about upscaling performance.

Flipkart is offering 3 year warranty for ~8k. Is it useful to take this warranty?
A warranty is never worth it from a probabilistic/money point-of-view. The probability of your TV going bad * cost of repair is always going to be lower than the warranty cost, else no one would offer the warranty in the first place as it would make loss. It's similar to how insurance works too.

Warranty and insurance are about peace of mind and how much you value that. If you feel like you'd be worried about the thing breaking, take the warranty.

i really hope ARC works with my current pioneer air vsx-424. In my current vu premium tv arc implement is extremely buggy. I’m stuck using toslink and mostly dolby and dts doesn’t work OTB.
10-feet distance will mostly be fine for that stuff. I'd probably take it closer to 9 feet even(more immersion) without issues

Have you tried changing the cable? Mostly with ARC the cable is faulty. Also are you sure that the VSX-424 isn't the issue but the TV is?

Congratulations! Please let us know about the TV's daylight performance. How does the screen handle reflections? Also, please let us know about upscaling performance.

It is above average. TV is placed next to huge uncovered windows and i was not able to watch anything during daytime earlier. I am comfortably watching shows with this TV. My last Samsung TV had reflection rating of 7 on Rtings and from their guidelines it is definitely above 8.I am attaching a pic for reference.

For SDR content, it won't go higher than 400-500 nits. Even 2000 nits Samsung TVs won't do that as it will burn your eyes.

Only with HDR content and peak specular highlight you'll see the 800+ nits.

Please make sure the backlight setting is at max in the HDR mode.

Android TV always renders at 1080p

Try to make the white balance a bit cooler/higher. That will solve the issue.
Thanks. I am playing with the settings. The biggest challenge i find is that i need to exit all content and then goto settings> devices> display settings>... etc to make changes unlike direct button for settings. Is there any online remote app available that allows shortcuts for settings so that i could calibrate the colors using ?
Looks big. Congrats on your purchase. Did you get the wallmounting bracket along with the tv? If possible please click a picture with lights turned on.

Thanks.I am using this on stand. My TV unit needs a few more inches :). AFAIK Wall mounting option is provided during installation for 500rs.
Thank you for your reply sir
My pleasure.
It's ok. Whenever you get time plz check.
Thanks
Warranty is void if the customer opens it. Get a email confirmation from MI.

Can you also post photo of the remote. Few videos I saw had numeric keys. Want to know what remote Indian version has.
Thanks for suggestion, will send an email. There are no numeric keys. Attaching a pic of remote.
I have a query, my viewing distance is 16 feet. I am contemplating between Samsung frame 65 which will cost the same as MI 75. Which one is the better TV?
Nice to catch up with you over phone. For 16 ft , my recommendation would be 75 ft or higher :)

Few other observations during last 2 days:

• Viewing angles are excellent. Much better than Samsung VA panel.
  • Amazon prime app has significant lag.
  • There are glitches while playing high speed action movies on Amazon Prime / Netflix. Hope this is fixed via update.
  • Hotstar and Youtube works well.
  • Significant improvement improvement is audio audio quality via Passthrough. This was a big bonus for me as 75% of my tv viewing is watching/listening music videos on Youtube.
Overall, super happy with this purchase and killer tv for the price.

Cheers !
20210506_165500-upd.jpgWhatsApp Image 2021-05-06 at 17.39.59.jpeg

I am using ARC with no issues.

Thanks. I am playing with the settings. The biggest challenge i find is that i need to exit all content and then goto settings> devices> display settings>... etc to make changes unlike direct button for settings. Is there any online remote app available that allows shortcuts for settings so that i could calibrate the colors using ?
Pretty sure Xiaomi has a remote app. I don't have the TV so can't test it out, but you should check online.

But I think there should be a way to change settings while inside content. This seems weird.

Edit: in the video above you can clearly see the guy adjusting settings inside the apps. So there's definitely a way.

It is above average. TV is placed next to huge uncovered windows and i was not able to watch anything during daytime earlier. I am comfortably watching shows with this TV. My last Samsung TV had reflection rating of 7 on Rtings and from their guidelines it is definitely above 8.I am attaching a pic for reference.

Thanks.I am using this on stand. My TV unit needs a few more inches :). AFAIK Wall mounting option is provided during installation for 500rs.

My pleasure.

Thanks

Thanks for suggestion, will send an email. There are no numeric keys. Attaching a pic of remote.

Nice to catch up with you over phone. For 16 ft , my recommendation would be 75 ft or higher :)

• There are glitches while playing high speed action movies on Amazon Prime / Netflix. Hope this is fixed via update.
  • Significant improvement improvement is audio audio quality via Passthrough. This was a big bonus for me as 75% of my tv viewing is watching/listening music videos on Youtube.

Cheers !
View attachment 56811View attachment 56812
Thank you for the detail review.

I have few questions.
How acurate are the colors? Is there any cloudy/shady black color around the edges of the screen(vissible in sky blue/white backround) the cloudy issue was seen in MI TV 4 55".
How is the HDR content?

I am interested in buying this TV and would have bought it if there were no lockdown restrictions. My main use will be 4K gaming and HDR movies. I currently own MI 4 55" and face the above issues.

Thank you for the detail review.

I have few questions.
How acurate are the colors? Is there any cloudy/shady black color around the edges of the screen(vissible in sky blue/white backround) the cloudy issue was seen in MI TV 4 55".
How is the HDR content?

I am interested in buying this TV and would have bought it if there were no lockdown restrictions. My main use will be 4K gaming and HDR movies. I currently own MI 4 55" and face the above issues.
Thanks. Share a pic of the issue playing some sample content. I will play the same content and check. I do not play any games and may not be the right person to comment. Most of the HDR content is available in Amazon prime which lags a lot in this TV. HDR will play better in Sony/Samsung/LG etc in my opinion.

Thanks. Share a pic of the issue playing some sample content. I will play the same content and check. I do not play any games and may not be the right person to comment. Most of the HDR content is available in Amazon prime which lags a lot in this TV. HDR will play better in Sony/Samsung/LG etc in my opinion.
Don't try to play content from the smart TV apps, instead, try streaming devices if not then directly connect PC/Laptop via HDMI and test.

Here is the original YT sample -

TV display sample recording-

Last edited:

My pleasure.

Thanks

Cheers !
View attachment 56811View attachment 56812
Very nice looking television & speakers

A warranty is never worth it from a probabilistic/money point-of-view. The probability of your TV going bad * cost of repair is always going to be lower than the warranty cost, else no one would offer the warranty in the first place as it would make loss. It's similar to how insurance works too.

Warranty and insurance are about peace of mind and how much you value that. If you feel like you'd be worried about the thing breaking, take the warranty.
Flipkart is offering 3 year warranty for ~8k. Is it useful to take this warranty?
Absolutely, I will strongly recommend taking insurance. 3 years @ 8 K is a really good deal. Most of us use insurance as a solution post issue but it should be bought as risk management tool . I have used Extended warranty in the past and very happy. Please go ahead a buy peace of mind for 3 years.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back