• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier

curious

Guys i finally got time to open the box and install the TV. I ordered direct from MI site. The box was packed like a tank and it took me more time to remove the packing than installation. The TV looks huge in person my viewing distance is 11-12 ft and i find it borderline distance. My current TV is 5 year old 60 inch Samsung 7 series UHD.

Initial impression is very good and TV looks better than i expected. Few points:

• This is definitely not 1000 nits may be 600-800.Will know more about brightness performance during daytime.
  • UI resolution is not good.
  • UI is not very slow. I found no issues. It is not as fast as Firestick 4k but not bad.
  • One big problem i found was missing menu/settings button on remote.
  • Very happy with the purchase.
  • Slight yellow tint all across.
  • Remote needs to be synched once before it works. The very first time, the TV needs to be turned on using the button only.
  • Size does matter :)

I followed the instructions on the box and lifted the box vertically. Found it quite easy.

Here are some pics. Apologies for bad quality.

Cheers,
AJ

View attachment 56766 View attachment 56767 View attachment 56768
Congratulations! Please let us know about the TV's daylight performance. How does the screen handle reflections? Also, please let us know about upscaling performance.

lightgamer

Thiss is definitely not 1000 nits may be 600-800.Will know more about brightness performance during daytime.
For SDR content, it won't go higher than 400-500 nits. Even 2000 nits Samsung TVs won't do that as it will burn your eyes.

Only with HDR content and peak specular highlight you'll see the 800+ nits.

Please make sure the backlight setting is at max in the HDR mode.
UI resolution is not good.
Android TV always renders at 1080p
Slight yellow tint all across
Try to make the white balance a bit cooler/higher. That will solve the issue.

mathan

Guys i finally got time to open the box and install the TV. I ordered direct from MI site. The box was packed like a tank and it took me more time to remove the packing than installation. The TV looks huge in person my viewing distance is 11-12 ft and i find it borderline distance. My current TV is 5 year old 60 inch Samsung 7 series UHD.

Initial impression is very good and TV looks better than i expected. Few points:

• This is definitely not 1000 nits may be 600-800.Will know more about brightness performance during daytime.
  • UI is not very slow. I found no issues. It is not as fast as Firestick 4k but not bad.
  • Remote needs to be synched once before it works. The very first time, the TV needs to be turned on using the button only.

I followed the instructions on the box and lifted the box vertically. Found it quite easy.

Cheers,
AJ
Looks big. Congrats on your purchase. Did you get the wallmounting bracket along with the tv? If possible please click a picture with lights turned on.

Mahi

Cheers,
AJ

View attachment 56766 View attachment 56767 View attachment 56768
Thank you for your reply sir

lightgamer

I wasn't aware of this. I wish they would fix such things quickly without anyone noticing
It's really Google's fault. I don't think Xiaomi can do anything about that. Not sure about how patchwall renders thing, but even on the new Google TV UI it's 1080p.

The way to change it is to use ADB to set DPI to 640 IIRC. But you need to be a bit experienced with it, and there might be some text scaling issues (which you'll need to scale again with ADB).

msankadi

It's really Google's fault. I don't think Xiaomi can do anything about that. Not sure about how patchwall renders thing, but even on the new Google TV UI it's 1080p.

The way to change it is to use ADB to set DPI to 640 IIRC. But you need to be a bit experienced with it, and there might be some text scaling issues (which you'll need to scale again with ADB).
Yep i did this on my VU tv which is a 65 inch. Worked fine no issues but still can't match kodi icons which looks at home even on my projectors 150 inch screen

Michelangalo

I received the TV today. Installation service is not available in Bangalore due to lockdown. Customer care has asked to go ahead with self installation. One shot video of installation must be produced for warranty purpose. I may install the TV tonight.
Warranty is void if the customer opens it. Get a email confirmation from MI.

Can you also post photo of the remote. Few videos I saw had numeric keys. Want to know what remote Indian version has.

Last edited:

arunhc

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-05 222520.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-05 222520.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 19

bbasera

I have a query, my viewing distance is 16 feet. I am contemplating between Samsung frame 65 which will cost the same as MI 75. Which one is the better TV?

Michelangalo

I have a query, my viewing distance is 16 feet. I am contemplating between Samsung frame 65 which will cost the same as MI 75. Which one is the better TV?
Are you getting Samsung 75" QLED for the same price?. If yes then go for it, Samsung is a better brand than mi.

etios

For 16 feet Mi 75 inch all the way, there is no point in getting a small 65 inch TV for that huge distance.

OM_2K19

With Samsung, you will get a better Video Processor, 4k@120Hz, and probably a better pannel but you will lose out on Size, Local Dimming, and DV support.